Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:19:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686458
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: O Gauge Modern City Building Suppliers/Retailers  (Read 6554 times)

Offline King Arthur

• Scientist
    • SOCIALS AND SHOPS
O Gauge Modern City Building Suppliers/Retailers
« on: October 24, 2017, 08:10:54 PM »
Hello!

I am currently in the planning phase for a city build, the models I will be gaming with are from Studio Miniatures and Hasslefree Miniatures which are classified as 1:48/1:50 or 28mm scale (although in terms of height they range from 28mm - 35mm sans base). I have lots of furniture, city scatter etc which is O Gauge, 1:50, 1:48 and 28mm. What I'm looking for then are some O Gauge buildings to build up a city scape with, here's a reference from Walthers:

https://www.walthers.com/city-apartment-building-kit-8-1-8-x-5-3-16-x-12-11-16-quot-20-6-x-13-2-x-32-2cm

Sadly it's HO Gauge, but this type of building and flavour is what I'd be interested in. Civilian buildings along with any services such as Police, Hospitals, Fire etc are welcome too. Inner city metro/tube bridges too please!

The game setting is loosely based in Germany, most likely Berlin so any brown brick New York style buildings wouldn't look too alien for example.

As I live in Germany, any German retailers would be great, followed by EU and then US vendors (shipment plus import tax is nasty!)

Cheers

COMMISIONS OPEN - I CUSTOM KITBASH YOUR MODELS. 40K, STARGRAVE, NECROMUNDA, AoS; FORBIDDEN PSALM

https://withkoji.com/@IsItSheerMadness

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
Re: O Gauge Modern City Building Suppliers/Retailers
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 12:03:58 AM »
Sorry, I can't help you with the local retailers but I will say that some of the HO scale buildings actually work quite well with 28mm figures. Have a look at the Woodland Scenics range.

https://woodlandscenics.woodlandscenics.com/show/category/HOScaleBuildingKtis

Many of the larger city structures are generic enough to fit in anywhere. I've even purchased one or two for future conversion for Aden. The only thing that gives the HO scale away is the door size, which is fixable, either by enlarging the door or building up the bottom of the structure. The upside is a smaller footprint for the building, although that may not be so much of a benefit if you are trying to fill a table with them.

Their O scale range is much more limited.

They also do a modular range in both HO and O scales

https://woodlandscenics.woodlandscenics.com/show/category/HOScaleModular

https://woodlandscenics.woodlandscenics.com/show/category/OScaleModular

These are modular kits. The only thing that gives the HO scale away is the door size, which is fixable, either by enlarging the door or building up the bottom of the structure. The upside is a smaller footprint for the building, although that may not be so much of a benefit if you are trying to fill a table with them.

Hope that helps.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline S J Donovan

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 02:38:23 AM »
have you tried looking at model rail road magazines for dealers in Germany? according to one Model Railroader there is an American train dealer in Kaarst 41564, info@aat-net.de
There are several  US magazine such as O Scale, sceneryunlimited.net has s scale items that also might help. Menards.com has several tall city buildings but might be too expensive shipping wise.

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2017, 04:41:25 AM »
I'm looking for then are some O Gauge buildings to build up a city scape with this type of building and flavour. Civilian buildings along with any services such as Police, Hospitals, Fire etc are welcome too. Inner city metro/tube bridges too please!

The game setting is loosely based in Germany, most likely Berlin so any brown brick New York style buildings wouldn't look too alien for example.

As I live in Germany, any German retailers would be great, followed by EU and then US vendors (shipment plus import tax is nasty!)

I built mine from HEKI foam boards (brick walls in 0-scale) - easily available at any good German railway model shop.

Offline King Arthur

• Scientist
    • SOCIALS AND SHOPS
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 10:15:29 AM »
I built mine from HEKI foam boards (brick walls in 0-scale) - easily available at any good German railway model shop.

Damn! Michi, that looks very impressive indeed!!!

Was it this product you used?

http://www.heki-kittler.de/mauerplatten.htm

@SJ Donovan and Carlos Marighela, thanks for the tips and advice especially on HO which might work also, as I have read that O in particular the Doors are very tall and narrow when compared to 1:48/1:50 scale miniatures.

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 01:45:10 PM »

Offline King Arthur

• Scientist
    • SOCIALS AND SHOPS
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2017, 08:15:47 PM »
HEKI DUR Klinker H0 0 1

Thanks again Michi. Is the build on your Blog by chance? I'd be interested to see you your work on it!

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2017, 06:56:02 AM »
Thanks again Michi. Is the build on your Blog by chance? I'd be interested to see you your work on it!

Regretfully no WIP and additionally Fotofukkit ate away a lot of my old pictures.
However there are still a few photos of the buildings in situ on gaming tables.
http://tableterror.blogspot.de/2014/03/in-her-majestys-name-premiere.html
The foam panels are not the cheapest, but rather worth their price. They are easy to cut with a scalpel/X-acto knife along a steel ruler (for corners I cut them through the center of a brick to get the typical half/complete-brick pattern at an angle of 45°). I glued them with Ponal Express (German brand of white glue). The windows are card board with blister package transparent plastic glued behind.

Offline Von Stroheim

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2017, 12:35:45 AM »
Grandt Line in the US have range of architectural details  windows doors etc in '0' scale.

http://www.grandtline.com/for-the-model-railroading/14-scale-148-or-o-scale-model-railroading/

Offline Von Stroheim

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2017, 12:38:51 AM »
Sorry that was for the rail accessories.  This is for the range of windows - worth checking their entire '0' range

http://www.grandtline.com/architectural-and-detail-parts/o-14-scale/o-14-scale-windows/

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2017, 06:38:51 PM »

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2017, 06:44:56 PM »
Crooked Dice had a board using Skytrex buildings.
http://www.crooked-dice.co.uk/forum/Blah.pl?m-1355391684/

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2017, 06:48:05 PM »

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2017, 06:59:28 PM »
... the models I will be gaming with are from Studio Miniatures and Hasslefree Miniatures which are classified as 1:48/1:50 or 28mm scale (although in terms of height they range from 28mm - 35mm sans base).

Just to be clear, O Gauge has various scales, UK generally 1/43 (also known as 7mm to the foot) which is also common for car models world wide, rest of Europe 1/45, America 1/48 or quarter (inch) scale.

Figure (1.8m tall) sizes range from 42mm for 1/43 to 38mm for 1/48.

1/56 is 32mm which is the base scale for most (but not all) "28mm" figures especially the more heroic ones.

Modern vehicles tend towards the 1/50 scale as heroic 28mm figures tend to dwarf scale 1/56 vehicles.

Warlord Jeep (scale 1/56) and Empress Jeep (1/50).

William Killian for scale (Crooked Dice).

« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 07:12:30 PM by Ultravanillasmurf »

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2017, 01:48:41 AM »
It's odd that it works out like that. I found that even Heroic scale+ miniatures (35mm high) were noticeably too small for 1:48th cars.

Of course mine are based on pennies and not the usual round black bases.