Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:31:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686641
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 1888 - The Vicky Horror Figure Show (update 8/10: Willy Wonka)  (Read 19490 times)

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
Great figure. He certainly is in for a shock this time. lol

lol lol lol lol lol
"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsébet Báthory - 1560-1614 (?)

Offline Metternich

• Scatterbrained Genius
A Scandal in Bohemia -
     Sir Arthur Conan Doyle sometimes used imaginary late 19th century nations (but based in reality), for the plots of some of his stories (e.g. the King of Bohemia - which in our reality is merely a part of the Holy Roman Empire; or the King of Scandanavia, as if it were one unified nation).  I thought the attached - an Austro-Hungarian hussar corporal of 1914, 1/30 scale from Del Prado - would make a good military attache or aide de campe from one of those Central European nations (and Del Prado are much cheaper than King and Country) :

https://www.hobbybunker.com/products/austrohungarian-armies-of-world-war-i-corporal-of-hussars-20217

Offline Svennn

• Galactic Brain
  • Balding bloke with a 'V'
    • Svenns Little Men

That will learn him!
 lol

teach ffs   :D ;D :D ;D

WK, WK, WK what can I say?

got any of the Smog figures?  do they scale up?
"A jewelled sceptre plucked by order to serve their cause"

Online white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
WK, WK, WK what can I say?

got any of the Smog figures?  do they scale up?

I do and they don't. The Smog figures are 1/35 or 50mm, while these are around the 65mm mark. I will try to use a couple that I hope will be fairly scale neutral, but for the most part, they are not compatible unfortunately.

I thought the attached - an Austro-Hungarian hussar corporal of 1914, 1/30 scale from Del Prado - would make a good military attache or aide de campe from one of those Central European nations (and Del Prado are much cheaper than King and Country)

Thanks, that figure does look useful. I have a few of the Del Prado medievals, so if the scale is the same, then these should work.

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
Your projects are always very original and very inspiring
Looking forward to following the progress
Love the figure choice so far :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Online white knight

• Galactic Brain
Three more, finished yesterday.

Scotland Yard, the headquarters of the Metropolitan Police Service, the territorial police force responsible for policing most of London, derived its name from the location of the Metropolitan Police headquarters at 4 Whitehall Place, which had a rear entrance on a street called Great Scotland Yard. The Scotland Yard entrance became the public entrance to the police station, and over time the street and the Metropolitan Police became synonymous. When most people think of Scotland Yard, they think first of its detectives: Lestrade, Abberline, Reid, ... But the real backbone of the police force are its constables, who work the streets day and night.

Nothing to see here, folks!

The figures are different editions of Lemax christmas figures. I've rebased them, and changed the helmet badges of the portly one and the whistling one  so they would all match. I also made their clubs bigger, to match the one with the lamp. The latter being the only one of the three that's part of Lemax' current range, it seemed easier to take him as the standard, in case I get a few more copies to convert.

This portly fellow is my favourite of the three, as he oozes so much character.

Right, so tell me what happened and don't give me any crap.

The second one was standing on a trafic stand, but I figured he would work well as a copper blowing his whistle and raising his hand in an attempt to stop a suspect and alert his fellow constables.

Hold it right there!

The third one is obviously on patrol on a cold night. He brought a lantern to shine some light on the things that lurk in the dark.

I can't believe I'm stuck with the night shift again.

The two older models are a bit on the short side, but they fit in well enough (keeping in mind that the Sherlock figure is particularly tall).

In the name of the law!

Offline skip

• Scientist
wow, what a wonderful thread, have any scenery for a game with these figures?

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Nice work on the Count. I like the Gary Oldman version very much. It makes a nice change from the evening dress and cloak. ;D
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Online white knight

• Galactic Brain
Nice work on the Count. I like the Gary Oldman version very much. It makes a nice change from the evening dress and cloak. ;D

Yes, indeed. Though I do have some evening dress and cloack models too that I will use as lesser vampires. ;)

wow, what a wonderful thread, have any scenery for a game with these figures?

Only a few small bits so far (which I still need to paint), but I hope to build some building fronts and such when I have more time (or the light becomes too bad to paint).

Online white knight

• Galactic Brain
One more for the evening. Another prepainted one, so not much work, tomorrow's update will be another full paintjob.

Bill Sikes is a career criminal associated with Fagin, and a suspected murderer. He is violent and aggressive, prone to sudden bursts of extreme behaviour. A rough and barbaric man, he is now one of many thugs on the beck and call of the criminal mastermind known as "The Napoleon of Crime".

The figure is another straight from the box figure by King and Country, in the World of Dickens range. A characterful sculpt, in a somewhat outdated costume. I only repainted the plain grey base so it would match the rest of my figures. All in all, a lovely figure, if I would have any complaints it's that he's not quite ugly enough for the book description.

What are you looking at?

Offline ushistoryprof

• Mad Scientist
    • World Historyprof-History Real & Imagined through Miniatures
What beautiful and creative work!

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Loving all the new additions, especially the conversions on the Old Bill.
That Bill Sykes is a great figure, full of character.
 :-* :-*

Interesting to hear that scale creep is in existence in the Lemax range too.
 lol

teach ffs   :D ;D :D ;D

lol lol

Gotcha!
 :D

Online white knight

• Galactic Brain
Another one for the Dracula faction.

Count Orlok is a vampire from Transylvania, and is known as "The Bird of Death", who feasts upon the blood of living humans. He is believed to have been created by Belial, the lieutenant demon of Satan. Like Count Dracula, he traveled to London by ship. His journey by sea spread plague all over Europe. Although an elder himself, Orlok reluctantly serves Dracula as one of his close advisors. Doing so, he takes some pleasure from the fact that his appearance fills the Count with distaste.

The vile Count Orlok.

Orlok is, of course the vampire from the cult movie "Nosferatu", who does serve Dracula in Kim Newman's Anno Dracula novels. The figure is a metal kit from Miniaturas Beneito. While technically listed as 54mm, the figure is of a similar size to the 65mm King and Country figures and fits in beautifully.

Two different kinds of monsters face off...

By order of her Majesty, the Queen, your reign of terror ends here, soulless fiend!

Hisssssss! A woman vampire??

Vampire counts, out for a stroll...

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Very good. I like the background information on each character.;D

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
A cracking addition.
You are right: He does fit in perfectly.
 8) 8)