Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:28:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686448
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 1888 - The Vicky Horror Figure Show (update 8/10: Willy Wonka)  (Read 19472 times)

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
He's just about perfect sizewise. I'm also happy with the colours I used on him. :)

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
Lieutenant Georges Findlay of the Royal Marines and Sergeant Angus MacIntosh of the Gordon Higlanders were recalled to London from their post in Sudan to join the elite unit that has come to be known as "Her Majesty's Finest". Like the other members of that distinguished unit, they kept their respective uniforms as a matter of pride.

Allright boys, party is over!

Sergeant MacIntosh proudly wears the green kilt of the Gordon Highlanders and while his belly may have gotten a bit out of control, he is still a force to be reconned with. His short fuse and temper have prevented him from rising above the rank of sergeant for any prolonged period of time, though some say this may be deliberate on his part.

Now be a good lad and die already...

Lieutenant Findlay would have made captain by now, had he not had the misfortune of courting the wrong woman whio happened to be married to an influential man. Still, his distinguished record has not been overlooked by Colonel Lovelace when recruiting the members of Her Majesty's Finest.

Wait for it...

Fire!

Both of these are prepainted figures made by John Jenkins Designs for the Sudan War. As usual, I repainted the bases so they would match the other figures. Unlike the other figures, I made up the names and background of these characters instead of borrowing them from popular litterature.

Now I've got you right where I want you.

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
Sizewise, they are a good match for King and Country. Shown here with Colonel Lovelace:

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
Next one is the first figure for the Chinatown Underworld faction.

The sector of London where Chinese immigrants have made their home, commonly known as Chinatown, is also the place from where evil mastermind Fu Man Chu directs his criminal operations, ranging from Chinese Tong street gangs to skilled assassins and magic users. Wei Long Wu is one of the latter. A skilled sorceror, he uses his occult skills to do Fu Man Chu's bidding, including the cursing and often eliminating of his master's enemies.

Fool, you will pay for your insolence!

I think this potion may have gone bad...

The figure is an easy conversion of the King and Country Hong Kong street shop barber figure, with the addition of a magic vial from a 28mm hard plastic Games Workshop "Empire wizard" kit. The razor is a separate piece on the model, so it was easy to replace it with the vial. The chinese character painted on the vial is supposed to read "death", but I'm not sure how legible that is. The base was changed to fit my other figures.

Comparison with the original figure.

And a quick "in action" picture, with Lt. Findlay:

Put... the potion... down. Slowly...

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Very clever indeed ;D
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
I bought the set on impusle because it was severly discounted, but I didn't really have need for a barber scene. I did consider at first to just keep the razor and call him an assassin barber, but the pose of the other arm looked odd out of context. Then I thought of those plastic bits I saved for another project and suddenly the outstretched arms worked.  ;D

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Very clever indeed ;D

It is.
 8)

Now I look forward to seeing what you do with the other figure.
 :D

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
Now I look forward to seeing what you do with the other figure.

lol Nothing so creative I fear, there's not much to be done to change it to something useful. I do have a role for him to play, which will be revealed later on.

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
Re: 1888 - The Vicky Horror Figure Show (update 3/11: Egyptian cultists)
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2017, 10:17:17 AM »
And the first figures of another faction: Egyptian cultists!

The cult of Nehebkau is an Egyptian sect dedicated to the return of this minor Egyptian god, whose avatar was a twoheaded snake and was said to have guarded the entrance to Duat, the Egyptian underworld. Recently, there have been sightings of the purpleclad cultists in the streets of London. Rumour goes they may have been drawn here by the recent discovery by British explorers of a tomb containing a mysterious sarcophagus. The sarcophagus and its as yet unrevealed contents have been brought to the capital of the realm for further study.

Cultists doing what cultists do.

The figures are partial repaints of Thomas Gunn arab figures. The original robes didn't quite scream cultists of a forbidden sect, so I changed them for stylish red and purple, with a yellow glyph indicative of their god, Nehebkau. The bases were further changed to match the other figures.

Cultist with gun.

Note the glyph depicting the twoheaded snake.

Cultist with sword. Clearly a fanatic.

Look at their robes, Sir! They are clearly Egyptian cultists!

And a comparison of the figures before and after:

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2017, 10:44:22 AM »
A great new faction for the collection, very evocative.
Especially in their nifty new robes fresh from 'Cults 'R' Us'!
 :-* :-*

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2017, 11:10:23 AM »
Thanks. The idea is to have 5-10 figures per faction, some stand alone characters and a whole bunch of civilian bystanders.  :)

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2017, 12:19:31 PM »
I like the latest additions very much indeed ;D

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
Re: 1888 - The Vicky Horror Figure Show (update 3/11: Chinese antiques)
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2017, 03:50:02 PM »
Thank you! Now for a few of the innocent bystanders.

Chinese antiques have become a bit of a fad with the ladies and gentlemen of London and dealers have started to appear on the market to peddle their wears. It's hard to judge authenticity though, so buyers beware.

Look all you want, I do not deal in fakes!

The models are part of King and Country's Streets of old Hong Kong range of prepainted figures, so I only had to adapt the bases to fit my other figures. As is usual with this range, the detail of the paintjobs is very intricate. A lovely subrange.

The antiques dealer on his rickety stool.

A connoisseur checking out the quality of the goods.

Antique Chinese pottery and scrollwork.

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
Re: 1888 - The Vicky Horror Figure Show (update 4/11: Royal Navy)
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2017, 05:41:57 PM »
Lieutenant Alfred Caine and private Ishmael (no last name given) were serving with the Royal Navy when they were called upon to join "Her Majesty's Finest". Little did they know they would soon be hacking their way through legions of undead in London.

"What's your name, private?" - "Call me Ishmael, Sir."

Alfred Caine joined the Navy in 1875 and served on the 'Britannia' and on the 'Alexandra', the flagship of the Mediterranean Fleet. He was wounded in the shoulder while serving ashore in the Niger River in 1881, but made a full recovery. The following year he became first lieutenant and was present at the bombardment of Alexandria. He fought in the Sudan campaign of 1885.

Hold fast!

Private Ishmael was added to the unit on the recommendation of Lt. Caine, who praised the young sailor's courage and resourcefullness. Ishamel doesn't talk much about his past, though it has been said he was the sole survivor of a whaling expedition in his youth. Such a tragedy is sure to mark a man.

Both models are prepainted John Jenkins Designs toy soldiers from their Sudan War range. I only changed the bases so they would match my other figures. Lt. Caine is a character I made up, while private Ishmael was borrowed from Moby Dick.

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Re: 1888 - The Vicky Horror Figure Show (update 4/11: Royal Navy)
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2017, 05:52:02 PM »
Splendid. I’m particularly enjoying the backstories. :)