Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:34:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Back Kulten ASAP! (Quick Review)  (Read 1190 times)

Offline WallyTWest

• Scientist
  • 'Lux Mundi'
Back Kulten ASAP! (Quick Review)
« on: October 31, 2017, 01:04:21 PM »
I am writing this to correct a tremendous disservice I have done to Uncle Mikes current Kickstarter. Any fan of mikes work should be passing the good word about his newest effort. My regret is due to time constraints I am unable to photograph my own collection and how much this game has given to my collection of Lovecraftian Horrors.
The game Von Unaussprechlichen Kulten is a really wonderful product created with a unique love and devotion for the Cthulhu Mythos and a great sense of humor. Continuing with the legacy of great mechanics and adding in a “Gang Styled” campaign mode. The sum of its parts is somehow greater than any individual component, and with only a few games you soon create your own twisted version of Lovecraft country.

I will speak to its value when paired with Strange Aeons. Inevitably the collection of models from one game becomes intermixed with the other. I have a number of beloved sculpts including “The Old Man”, “The Red Witch” and Bill Cipher who have become staples and recurring villains of notoriety in our games of Strange Aeons.

The system is the same as the basic Strange Aeons. Approachable but with strategy and with a strong 80’s vibe that calls back to early GW products like Spacehulk. Rather than representing the desperate last stand of Threshold fighting against the void… it instead chronicles the back and forth struggle that inevitably happens as cults become embittered to one another’s efforts to end the world.

Lastly threshold makes an appearance. Much like in the Judge Dredd game published by mongoose once your activities become too great to ignore and you begin to overpower other cults… you have the option to call the police on fellow cultists to curb their appetite for destruction. Threshold models rarely sit idle on the shelf after the first few weeks of a campaign.

If you haven’t already – I encourage you to back this campaign. The Print Rulebook will likely become a rare thing in coming years and the bundles are attractively priced. I would also like to call attention to the new “Wolfman” pack make has taken the time to sculpt, the models are gorgeous.

Von Unaussprechlichen Kulten promises to be a uniquely crafted game experience that will be valued for years to come. You deserve to enjoy the synergy of this game and its content with your model collection.

Offline harleyface

• Scientist
Re: Back Kulten ASAP! (Quick Review)
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 02:23:23 PM »
Yes...back now
If you like skirmish and cthulhu you want be dissapointed

Cultist#83