Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:52:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Dracula's America rules questions  (Read 33687 times)

Offline Fenrir

• Scientist
    • The Lead Mountaineer
Re: Dracula's America rules questions
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2018, 06:22:56 AM »
Not a problem!

The 'Shoot then Lookout' thing has been mentioned previously, I believe- right now, yes you can do this. However if enough people take issue with it then I'll look into FAQing it!..  8)

Your friend is a devious one!  :D There is a good argument for being able to do this (Rules As Written certainly implies that you can), but I think an errata is in order-
Page 13, first bullet-point should read "Any unengaged model..."
I now have a Blog, like an actual modern-day human!
https://lead-mountaineer.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Luisito

• Librarian
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2018, 09:45:46 PM »
Hi

my friend again !  (the devious one )

Can we contact (engage) 2 figures at the same time ?  I think no...

thanks

Luis

Offline Fenrir

• Scientist
    • The Lead Mountaineer
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2018, 06:19:29 AM »
Hey, Luis-

You can indeed Contact two (or more!) enemies at the same time- however, your friend should note that if Charging then the free Fight Action follows all the usual rules so you can only nominate one model you could see at the start of the Action as the Defender- and you certainly don't get a free Fight against each enemy you Charged!  :D

You will also be losing Dice due to being Outnumbered, so this isn't the best course of action unless you are feeling really confident...

Hope that helps!

Offline Luisito

• Librarian
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2018, 02:04:52 AM »
I continue...

If the Wendigo is in contact with 2 figures. He engages one and he has one free fight action.  Then at the opponent's turn the second figure can shoot at the Wendigo ?

thanks again and again.

Luis

Offline Fenrir

• Scientist
    • The Lead Mountaineer
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2018, 05:58:42 AM »
No problem!
Now, let me see if I have this right...

Firstly, if the Wendigo is already in Contact with an enemy then it can't perform a Charge; therefore it won't get a free Fight Action!

Secondly, a model that is Engaged in a Fight cannot make a Shoot Action.
Another, unengaged model could of course Shoot into the combat, and hope that they hit the Wendigo!..

By the way, if it's helpful to you the link below will take you to a Dracula's America Errata over on my Blog- it needs a couple of new additions, but I do try to remember to update it periodically!

https://lead-mountaineer.blogspot.co.uk/2017/10/draculas-errata.html

Offline Luisito

• Librarian
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2018, 09:33:30 PM »
I will correct my  phrasing.

The  Wendigo charge Willy but he contacts  Willy and Harry. He engages Willy with his free fight action.At the opponent's turn Harry  can shoot at the Wendigo ?

thanks

Luis

Offline sondermann

• Assistant
    • Sondermann's Blog
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2018, 07:47:20 PM »
Q: Congregation Zombis: Do they count towards the 10 model limit (campaign mode)?

Thanks!

Online sir_shvantselot

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2018, 08:55:00 PM »
Q: i don’t understand the fearsome skill. If you are fighting someone with fearsome do you roll only if you want to charge them? What if they charge you? And do you roll again if the attacker is using their section action to attack you again?

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2018, 08:59:25 PM »
Fearsome - my reading of it is you test once per turn, the first time you are engaged by a Fearsome creature, that result then applies for the rest of the turn.

Online sir_shvantselot

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2018, 09:49:33 PM »
Fearsome - my reading of it is you test once per turn, the first time you are engaged by a Fearsome creature, that result then applies for the rest of the turn.

Thanks Fred. But bizarre fearsome doesn’t scare you if someone with it attacks you.

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2018, 10:40:04 PM »
Thanks Fred. But bizarre fearsome doesn’t scare you if someone with it attacks you.

Working up the nerve to attack the monster is quite different than defending yourself from an attack.

Offline Fenrir

• Scientist
    • The Lead Mountaineer
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2018, 09:12:33 AM »
@Luisito: Harry doesn't get to Shoot, as he is Engaged by (in Contact with) the Wendigo!

@Sondermann: Yes, Congregation Zombi count towards the maximum number of models in your Posse!

@Sir_Shvantselot: Fred's interpretation is correct!

And as Mr. Asbestos says, I reasoned that when the Fearsome creature is coming at you, you have little choice but to fight! Steeling yourself to actively confront it on your own initiative is another matter... Of course, feel free to impose a Nerve Test on models attacked by a Fearsome individual as well, if that makes more sense to you!

Online sir_shvantselot

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2018, 07:50:55 PM »
Grateful for Fenrir’s reply.

Offline Luisito

• Librarian
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2018, 11:59:38 AM »
Thanks again Fenrir !

Offline Vampifan

• Scientist
    • Vampifan's World of the Undead
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2018, 08:48:45 AM »
I have just finished reading the Forbidden Powers supplement for Dracula's America and thoroughly enjoyed it. However, I have encountered a problem. On page 68 is a very nice illustration of a Hex Slinger but nowhere in the book are there any rules or stats for a Hex Slinger. The caption for the illustration claims she is part of the Salem Sisterhood, which brings up another problem. This faction's benefit is that it must have three female witches - 1 Maiden, 1 Mother and 1 Crone - no more and no less. The problem is that on page 46 it states "your posse can never include any other Arcanists." The Hex Slinger most definitely looks like an Arcanist so how can she be a member of the Salem Sisterhood?