Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:50:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686453
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Dracula's America rules questions  (Read 33690 times)

Offline Luisito

• Librarian
Re: Dracula's America rules questions
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2019, 02:53:06 AM »
Hi Jonathan

I saw on the Black Cloud description when he gets a second corruption marker , he gets Flight (Never saw this in any DA rules book). You mean flying ?
Tough applies to Fight only or shoothing too?

The scenario 7 of FP seems a tough one. How you defeat The Minor Servitor of Dagon?
thanks

Luis
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 03:59:11 PM by Luisito »

Offline Fenrir

• Scientist
    • The Lead Mountaineer
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2019, 03:08:26 PM »
Hi, Luis! Apologies, I've been out in the wilds again lately- glad to hear that you are enjoying Forbidden Power!

You are correct, when Black Cloud gets his second corruption marker he gains the ability to fly, following the usual rules for flying models given in the main DA rulebook. The idea is that he becomes more 'demonic' as he inflicts pain on his enemies!

Scenario 7 in FP is indeed a tricky one- the Servitor is purposefully invulnerable, so your best bet if you want to survive is just to keep away from it (remember that the beast cannot move further than 6" from Dagon's Pool, and that it's aura of madness that forces Sanity Tests also has a range of 6")! Failing that, the Order player can try to banish the Servitor by removing enemy tokens from the Monoliths. It's deliberately a tough fight for the forces of Order (and sanity), but that's the Lovecraftian Mythos for you!..  ;)
I now have a Blog, like an actual modern-day human!
https://lead-mountaineer.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Luisito

• Librarian
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2019, 06:40:44 PM »
Thanks again...

You forgot to answer to this.  ;)
 Tough applies to Fight only or shoothing too? My guess its just figthing.

Offline Fenrir

• Scientist
    • The Lead Mountaineer
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2019, 02:01:16 PM »
Ah, apologies!
Tough applies in all situations where Saves are required, unless specifically stated otherwise in the rules.

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2019, 02:15:38 PM »
Hi Fenrir

This came from the Facebook page:
Hi was looking for clarification on the skinwalkers & transforming in to wolves & what bonuses they can use etc.  As one of our players is using this set up -
Transform two posse into wolves & moving/attacking in wolf format with "mean" & "slick" & they seem vastly over powered

Offline Paboook

• Scientist
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2019, 12:04:12 PM »
Hi Fenrir

This came from the Facebook page:
Hi was looking for clarification on the skinwalkers & transforming in to wolves & what bonuses they can use etc.  As one of our players is using this set up -
Transform two posse into wolves & moving/attacking in wolf format with "mean" & "slick" & they seem vastly over powered

I would also like to know how it works with transformed skinwalkers and objectives. Can they grab them?

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2019, 05:59:37 PM »
Mean and slick still leave you open to good shootists. My campaign has seen very little close combat.

Offline Fenrir

• Scientist
    • The Lead Mountaineer
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2019, 05:12:41 PM »
Hi, Nick!

The way the question is worded seems to imply that they are using customised Posses in one-off games. In which case I'd recommend building one or two characters to go wolf-hunting! I would give such a model silver bullets, a repeater rifle or Sixgun, and possibly the Bushwhacker and/or Trick Shooter skill, if $ allow... See my general notes below for why.

In general, against a canny Skinwalker player forward-planning is often necessary with careful use of models on Lookout to get an all-important shot off before the beasts can get to you. Careful choice of a 'killing ground' for this purpose is good practice, and can even be used to funnel cautious Skinwalkers into a poor tactical position! Failing this, always 'buddy-up' and never leave your models isolated, as one-on-one a Skinwalker will tear them open like a bag of crisps- if a Skinwalker does gets in amongst your Posse, you should mob them with multiple fighters to rob them of their (quite intentional!) close-combat dice advantage. This has the added advantage of giving you the opportunity to deliver a coup-de-grace should you manage to Down a Skinwalker...

As LeadAsbestos points out, DA definitely favours shooting over melee- so I wonder if the original questioner has just had one or two very bad experiences against Skinwalkers (very possible while you are learning the ropes), and that this might have coloured their opinions somewhat!..

@Paboook: Skinwalkers can indeed hold objectives etc, as they retain all their reason and intellect- the lycanthropes of the Forsaken are frenzied, bestial killing machines, hence the reason why they cannot do the same!
Unless otherwise stated in the rules (page 106), Skinwalkers can benefit from any applicable Skills etc the same as any other model. Obviously any Shooting Skills they might have will be useless while they are in beast-form, since they cannot use guns!

Hope this all helps!

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2019, 08:45:06 PM »
@ Fenrir- What I want is more! More supplements, rules, campaigns, etc. There is so much more to tell in this story that I'm sad to see it "end".

We've been doing our own storyline and I've still got my great campaign in the works, but the official stuff always has taken pleasantly unexpected turns and keeps re-fueling our enthusiasm!

Fingers crossed there is still interest out there to inspire some more releases!

Offline spect_spidey

• Scientist
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2019, 09:30:11 PM »
@ Fenrir- What I want is more! More supplements, rules, campaigns, etc. There is so much more to tell in this story that I'm sad to see it "end".

We've been doing our own storyline and I've still got my great campaign in the works, but the official stuff always has taken pleasantly unexpected turns and keeps re-fueling our enthusiasm!

Fingers crossed there is still interest out there to inspire some more releases!

I agree. We never got to see a Mexican faction with chupacabras and such.

Offline Paboook

• Scientist
« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2019, 01:54:23 PM »
@Paboook: Skinwalkers can indeed hold objectives etc, as they retain all their reason and intellect- the lycanthropes of the Forsaken are frenzied, bestial killing machines, hence the reason why they cannot do the same!
Unless otherwise stated in the rules (page 106), Skinwalkers can benefit from any applicable Skills etc the same as any other model. Obviously any Shooting Skills they might have will be useless while they are in beast-form, since they cannot use guns!

Sorry - I meant loot.

Also +1 to see a new supplement in the future  ;)

Offline Luisito

• Librarian
« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2019, 11:32:11 PM »
Hi Jonathan

One FP question. ;)

Since the Church of Dagon can't have more then 2 hybrids How the Protean curse spell can be useful to them ? Can't have more mutation?

thanks
Luis

Offline Fenrir

• Scientist
    • The Lead Mountaineer
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2019, 02:35:22 PM »
Hi, Luis!

As stated in the rules, Protean Curse cannot affect a Hybrid or any other model that already has a mutation- however you will notice that there is nothing to stop you Casting it on other models since it does not explicitly turn them into a 'Hybrid'- it just gives them a Mutation (though obviously they will no longer be able to be affected by this Power in future). So hypothetically you could end up with an entire Posse of gibbering 'mutants' alongside your two allowed 'Hybrids'!

Enjoy!  ;D

Offline Luisito

• Librarian
« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2019, 10:15:40 PM »
Thanks again ;)

Offline Luisito

• Librarian
« Reply #74 on: May 13, 2019, 03:20:49 AM »
Hi Johnathan

Does  a Grimoire give a +1 to cast Elder magic spells ?

thanks

Luis