Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:02:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Dracula's America rules questions  (Read 33716 times)

Offline Fenrir

• Scientist
    • The Lead Mountaineer
Re: Dracula's America rules questions
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2019, 06:38:23 AM »
Hey, Luis;

Yes, you do indeed get the bonus for using a Grimoire when Casting Eldritch Spells- page 38 of Forbidden Power specifically states that they count as Arcane Powers (besides the additional rules given), so anything that affects Arcane Powers also affects Eldritch Spells! No self-respecting occultist would leave home without a small library of books! :)

Hope that helps,

J.
I now have a Blog, like an actual modern-day human!
https://lead-mountaineer.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Luisito

• Librarian
« Reply #76 on: May 20, 2019, 09:22:47 PM »
Thanks again Jonathan!

Offline Nightpaw

• Librarian
« Reply #77 on: June 08, 2019, 06:17:21 AM »
Hi Jonathan,

do the Dark Confederacy's Revenants count as "supernatural" beings? They have no such entry in the posse description, but compared to the Congregation zombies and the npc zombies, it would make sense. Is the "supernatural" entry just missing?

Thanks and regards
N.

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2019, 02:17:39 AM »
It makes sense that they are in essence, but the author has stated that they are not in game terms, as they are wholly dependent on the Necromancer for their abilities. He drops, they drop, so they are more tools than supernatural beings.

Offline Gardensnake

• Bookworm
« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2019, 03:46:55 AM »
It makes sense that they are in essence, but the author has stated that they are not in game terms, as they are wholly dependent on the Necromancer for their abilities. He drops, they drop, so they are more tools than supernatural beings.

I get why they aren't considered supernatural. While they are no doubt animated by supernatural means, they are just animated corpses. Their fist is nothing than a normal human fist that just happens to be animated. They're sort of like puppets.

William
Until such time as Congress stops being a ridiculous farce, comedy is utterly acceptable at their hearings.
Sean Patrick Fannon

Offline LeRatierBretonnien

• Assistant
« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2019, 02:49:16 PM »
Hi all ,

Consider the following situation :
 - Model A is in "Lookout".
 - Model B use its first action to move, in the LOS of model A.
 - Model A decides to not react
 - Model B uses its second action to enter "Lookout".
 => Model A reacts

Do you think this is inline with the the lookout rules ? I think yes, but i am not sure :)

Offline Luisito

• Librarian
« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2019, 10:00:15 PM »
You can't react to a reaction . Written this way. 

After reread the question , yes its ok because you react to a a action not a reaction.

Luis
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 12:32:10 AM by Luisito »

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
« Reply #82 on: July 10, 2019, 10:36:22 PM »
Seems fine. Perfectly legal

Offline SethDrallitoc

• Student
« Reply #83 on: August 17, 2019, 02:11:47 AM »
I came here with a couple of Questions- but one has already been answered.

Gibbering Mutant squad here I come....

My other question - Do Mutations count towards Infamy in the same way that skills do? Common sense would dictate that a person with a tentacle for an arm would be pretty infamous - but nothing in the rules states that this is the case.

Thanks in advance - fantastic game by the way!

• Assistant
« Reply #84 on: August 19, 2019, 07:00:44 AM »
As far as i know, only skills provide Infamy, nothing from Powers ou Mutations. It lmight look a bit strange, as you stated, but as far as i underestand, the rule is like that.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 07:02:48 AM by LeRatierBretonnien »

Offline garcia5156

• Schoolboy
« Reply #85 on: August 21, 2019, 09:41:28 PM »
Hello all,  question on Dark Confederacy revenants: can they hold objectives and loot? I'd say no, but I can't see that in their section. Thanks!

• Assistant
« Reply #86 on: August 23, 2019, 11:54:22 AM »
I think yes, they can :)

Offline Fenrir

• Scientist
    • The Lead Mountaineer
« Reply #87 on: August 23, 2019, 01:07:21 PM »
Hello, folks!

@Garcia5156: LeRatierBretonnien is correct- Revenants can indeed hold objectives and loot. Obviously if their Necromancer is taken out then they will be removed and so drop any loot they might be carrying!

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #88 on: August 23, 2019, 03:55:51 PM »
Fenrir it's great to see that you still keep an eye on the DA posts. I very recently got all 3 books, drawn in by the Mythos aspects in the third one as I mostly collect Lovecraftian minatures pretty exclusively these days. Was super impressed by the rules though for the most part and heavily reminded me of my all time favorite game I've played, Necromunda. Don't know if I'll ever get to play living in a small town with no gamers around but still plan on painting up a couple posses just in case. So my big question is if there is anything in the pipeline for the future of DA or is this it? Still think there is alot of potential there but I do know that sales rules all though. Whatever the case, thanks for a great game, your efforts are truly appreciated.
We haul ours to kick theirs.

Offline Fenrir

• Scientist
    • The Lead Mountaineer
« Reply #89 on: August 25, 2019, 09:34:50 AM »
@Diehard: Thanks very much for your kind words- unfortunately it is as you say; sales were not quite what Osprey had hoped compared to the likes of Frostgrave and Gaslands, so at least for the foreseeable future the 'original trilogy' are all there is likely to be! However they have not forgotten DA and it is of course still my 'baby', so I'm always more than happy to chat about it- once winter comes around I'm more likely to be indoors painting, gaming and lurking here on LAF!
I do have a heap of unreleased stuff for the game so who knows, it might still see the light of day in some way and at some point!..

In the meantime, I hope you keep getting enjoyment from the game (that is the point, after all!)- have you considered trying some solo-rules modifications? It's something I've tinkered with in the past.

There is definitely Mordheim/Necromunda DNA in DA, as they were (and still are!) some of my favourite games (I usually played Beastmen, Witch-Hunters, Delaque and Ratskins!). I most enjoy the narrative and 'light RPG' aspects of gaming, so if you approach DA in the same way (and it sounds like you are) you will get the most out of it!