Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:58:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690534
  • Total Topics: 118335
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Cattle-Baron's Daughter (DevLAM '17)  (Read 4474 times)

Offline hentzau

• Librarian
Re: The Cattle-Baron's Daughter (DevLAM '17)
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2017, 03:24:16 PM »
I like how the Sassy Gal seems to always become the center of any gunfight.  It's happened in every single game where I've had it on the table.

Offline Arundel

• Mastermind
  • Galloping Outward Into the Weather!
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2017, 03:25:50 PM »
That layout rather takes one's breath away. Incredible work, sir! And warmest wishes for the birthday too!

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2017, 03:40:40 PM »
Off to open the champagne now and down some Buck's Fizz! Let's get this party started!

I am afraid that you will now have to wait until tomorrow for the denouement of this twisted and tragic tale. Bye for now........................  ;)

Cheers

I'll toast you in Bishop's Tipple - I've got to get that 9 pint keg finished tonight. :o

Doug

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2017, 05:49:33 PM »
Mad Lord, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!    ;)

So it's your birthday... but WE here at LAF get that fantastic eye candy!  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Cheers!

"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsébet Báthory - 1560-1614 (?)

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2017, 09:11:58 AM »
Part 4

Dirk Gently was the only obstacle between ‘Big Nose’ Kate and the upper floors of the Sassy Gal Saloon. Now that he was pushing up the daisies, Kate started searching the rooms.

A stroke of luck for the lawmen as Biff Wellington a deputy, strides into town. He exchanges shots with ‘Rhode Island’ (“no man calls him chicken”) but neither hits. He then spots ‘The Bantam’ hiding out in the necessary. Pullet has been itching to use the dynamite he’s carrying so he lights the fuse and lobs it towards Biff.

Biff is wounded by the explosion but as ‘The Bantam’ charges in to try and finish it with his fists, the deputy gathers himself and manages to wound ‘The Bantam’. Meanwhile, back in the saloon, Proud Mary blast away at Judge Fleetwood and wounds him. As the Judge is reeling from this vicious attack, Mild Phil enters the saloon from the side door and coolly guns down the Judge in a hail of lead. Once again the lawmen are reduced to one man standing, a wounded Biff Wellington this time. This of course is the signal for these diabolical outlaws to turn on each other. The Preacher shoots at Crazy Sam but misses. Crazy Sam makes no mistake and wounds the Preacher. Outside, a fierce fist-fight is taking place between Ben Pullet and Biff Wellington. They both land some heavy blows and mange to kill each other. The Red Rooster bursts through the back door of the saloon’s office and shoots Proud Mary in the back. She is now badly wounded. Crazy Sam dives over the bar and blasts the Preacher to oblivion. Unbelievably, as Biff Wellington hits the dirt the forces of good draw the Lucky S.O.B. card which revives the last character to go out of action! Biff is back from the dead and now it’s personal! Biff aims and shoots the Red Rooster in the back. The Rooster is wounded but no man calls him chicken.

Crazy Sam and Proud Mary challenge each other to a shootout (a card drawn from the special event deck which triggers a Shootout, a special rule in SnS, both characters shoot simultaneously until one dies) and enter the back passage behind the saloon. Unfortunately for Mary, Crazy Sam is quicker on the draw. Before she’s cleared leather, Crazy Sam’s bullet kills her.

Biff is still on his feet and aiming to get another shot at the man no-one calls chicken. He doesn’t hear the pounding feet of Mild Phil on the board walk as Phil rounds the corner and finished Biff’s second reincarnation for ever.

With all the lawmen and the Hole in the Pocket Gang wiped out, the spoils are left for the Free Range Boys. Kate locates Rosa and takes her hostage.

The surviving Free Range Boys collect Kate and Rosa and head for the hills, leaving the shocked citizens of Hog Thief Bend to remove ten bodies to the Undertakers and start to clean up the blood spilt on that fateful morning.

RIP – Proud Lawmen gunned down in their prime.

Austin Tacious, Welland Dowd, Dirk Gently, Mac Fleetwood and Biff Wellington

RIP – Filthy outlaw scum who got what they deserved.

The Free Range Boys – Ben ‘The Bantam’ Pullet
The Hole in the Pocket Gang – Two-Gun Tex, Proud Mary, The Preacher and the Major

A very fast-paced game, full of action. A great game and thanks again to Elbows for providing a bespoke scenario for us. We all Shot but only Doug em4 Skedaddled!

THE END

Offline Vampifan

• Scientist
    • Vampifan's World of the Undead
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2017, 09:39:44 AM »
That was superb! A real pleasure to read. Many thanks for sharing.  :D :D :D :D :D

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2017, 10:04:35 AM »
It was great to play and great to read - thanks m'lud.

Of course, I will need to post a more accurate account sometime but suffice to say that the noble Free Range Boys (they really are good eggs, every one of them), fresh from protecting innocent settlers against rapacious ranchers, freed the citizens of Hog Thief Bend from the corrupt lawmen (who, when they weren't collecting shakedown money from the locals could be found wallowing in Panther's Piss whiskey in a saloon). In addition, the Free Range Boys dealt with the threat from the Hole in the Pocket gang AND rescued the delectable Rosa who is now enjoying a change of scene as the guest of Rhode Island "Red" Rooster (No Man Dare Call Him Chicken), chaperoned by the chaste Miss Kate.

Just thought I'd set the record straight.

Doug

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2017, 01:52:19 PM »
I'm tempted to believe Doug's version of it - sounds simply logical.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2017, 01:56:27 PM »
I'm tempted to believe Doug's version of it - sounds simply logical.

lol lol lol

Doug

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2017, 02:27:24 PM »
It was great to play and great to read - thanks m'lud.

Of course, I will need to post a more accurate account sometime but suffice to say that the noble Free Range Boys (they really are good eggs, every one of them), fresh from protecting innocent settlers against rapacious ranchers, freed the citizens of Hog Thief Bend from the corrupt lawmen (who, when they weren't collecting shakedown money from the locals could be found wallowing in Panther's Piss whiskey in a saloon). In addition, the Free Range Boys dealt with the threat from the Hole in the Pocket gang AND rescued the delectable Rosa who is now enjoying a change of scene as the guest of Rhode Island "Red" Rooster (No Man Dare Call Him Chicken), chaperoned by the chaste Miss Kate.

Just thought I'd set the record straight.

Doug

A vicious calumny, myself, being not one to make animadversions of the Free Range Boys, but they will suffer the obloquy of the citizens of Hog Thief Bend! Beware the fabrications of rapacious, duplicitous rapscallions.   ;)

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2017, 03:04:15 PM »
A vicious calumny, myself, being not one to make animadversions of the Free Range Boys, but they will suffer the obloquy of the citizens of Hog Thief Bend! Beware the fabrications of rapacious, duplicitous rapscallions.   ;)

Ha! And Ha!! again...!!!

You have only to ask the delectable Rosa to learn the truth of the desperate events in Hog Thief Bend. Ha!!!

Rhode Island "Red" Rooster (No Man Dare Call Him Chicken)
aka Doug

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2017, 03:24:46 PM »
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 03:26:53 PM by Mad Lord Snapcase »

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2017, 04:06:26 PM »

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
    • Vagabond's Wargaming Blog
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2017, 12:44:56 PM »
Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you Mad Lord. - sorry I've been away for a few days with no phone or internet access and you get this amazing game report out. Well done. Thoroughly enjoyed reading it, even if there are a few errors and omissions.

For instance the one armed Major was shot in the back by your lawman. Who goes around shooting war hero's in the back :-[ :-[

Another of your rapscallions knifed an unarmed man, Tex RIP (I know he had a gun but couldn't shoot for toffee) He entered an honourable bout of fisticuffs with your devil dog lawman and was cut down in his prime.

You have slandered the memory of Proud Mary (she will keep turning in her grave) The gun fight lasted quite a while, if she had been armed with anything other than a 1 shot shotgun I know she would have come out of the fight victorious.

All credit to Doug, he killed every one on the board - including a few innocent bystanders.

Thanks guys for such a good game.

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2017, 01:59:00 PM »
......including a few innocent bystanders.
Steady on old boy - I only enquired about dynamiting the pram - didn't actually do it...No bystanders were injured in the course of this glorious victory. Furthermore, in Hog Thief Bend there are no innocents - bystanders included.

Thanks guys for such a good game
Seconded with knobs on... :)

Doug