Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:50:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Ghost Archipelago Rules Thread  (Read 59316 times)

Offline joe5mc

• Mastermind
    • The Renaissance Troll
Ghost Archipelago Rules Thread
« on: November 14, 2017, 12:04:33 PM »
This is where you can hit me up with your burning Ghost Archipelago rules questions, and I will answer as best and as quickly as I can!

Offline critsmash

• Bookworm
Re: Ghost Archipelago Rules Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 01:10:35 PM »
Thanks for this thread Joe. First I'd like to congratulate you on another great game! We've only played four games, but enjoyed it thoroughly.
My questions are mostly about some of the spells. I play with a windwarden and my opponent has a beast warden. The first question was asked by somebody on the fb page a while ago too. I'm sorry I cannot remember the names of all the spells yet.
1. Can you have two separate animals under control in your warband at the same time, one with Control Animal and one with Summon Animal?
2. Is the spell windwalk similar to leap in the sense that you can move figures out of the spell where you get caught by vines? I cant remember the spell name for that, but it is a spell belonging to the vine warden and is similar to bones of the earth and its horrible!
3. There is a spell that creates a pit where a figure can fall into it by failing a will roll. Can you climb/be transported out of that somehow?
4. The small boats can turn freely when moving. Does this mean you can spin the boat to your advantage and thereby stealing some inches for passengers in the aft when jumping ashore for instance?       

Offline joe5mc

• Mastermind
    • The Renaissance Troll
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 10:40:35 AM »
Thanks Crit, I'm glad you like it!

1. Yes. The two spells work independent of one another. One brings an animal from off the table, the other requires the animal to already be on teh table.
2. Yes
3. There is nothing that holds the figure in the pit, they can climb out, or be transported out as normal.
4. Yes - although you should be pivoting the boat on its central point, so you can spin it around so the front is now the back, you shouldn't spin it on its front point, so that the back is now 2" further along than the front was.

Offline critsmash

• Bookworm
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 11:13:35 AM »
Had another game yesterday, used a lot of deep water for the board and small boats. Great fun!
New questions came up:
1. Creatures with ranged weapons- what is their range exactly? 10"?
2. Placement of creatures- RAW says for the one option that they must be placed at least 6" away and out of LOS. Does that mean we can place them in the open if they are at least 10"+ away as creatures only have 10" LOS?   
3. Throwing dagger- this can only be used by a heritor or a warden? 
4. Again with the snare spell:)- There is no limitation to where it can be cast? in water etc.

Offline Roger

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 08:54:15 PM »
Hi Critsmash , we read through the book , and it doesnt say anywhere that creature LOS is 10" .
I always thought this was a little wierd, as in nature animals probably have better eyesight than humans.
But I'd like to hear what Joe has to say.

Roger
You know its a good day when, you wake up and your elbows dont hit wood :)

Offline joe5mc

• Mastermind
    • The Renaissance Troll
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 09:56:13 AM »
1. Animals with ranged weapons have the same range limitations as warband members, so 24" in most cases.

10" isn't the range of animals line of sight, it is the range at which they feel threatened and will attack.

2. No, that's not an option. Just the two options given.

3. For the moment. There might be a soldier who can use it in the future.

4. No limitation. Plenty of plants in water, or under paving stones, etc.

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 03:56:04 AM »
Hi! Thanks for the service of answering questions directly on this forum. I have one about the Warden spell, Beast Cry. It says:

At the end of every turn, the Warden should roll a die. On a 10+, roll for a random encounter..."

My question: Do you cast it once and then it goes on for the rest of the game? Do you choose the spell and never have to roll for it -- instead being an "always on" effect? Or do you pay every time, and even if successful it has no effect on the subsequent roll of 9 or less?

Mike Demana
www.firstcommandwargames.com
http://leadlegionaries.blogspot.com/

Offline joe5mc

• Mastermind
    • The Renaissance Troll
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2017, 11:36:37 AM »
You cast it once, and roll every turn thereafter, unless the spell is cancelled somehow.

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2017, 01:27:17 AM »

Offline commander bernhardt

• Assistant
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2017, 01:52:40 PM »
Hey Joe, I have two related questions:

1) in the creature fase a creature uses it's first action to fight and loses the fight. The player pushes the creature back one inch. Does the creature use it's second action to move back into combat?
2) in the crew fase a crewmember uses it's first action to fight a creature or other player's crew, wins and pushes the enemy model back. If he then moves past the creature/opponenten can he force combat?

Offline joe5mc

• Mastermind
    • The Renaissance Troll
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2017, 11:34:17 AM »
Yes, to both questions.

Offline critsmash

• Bookworm
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2017, 02:44:56 PM »
About the swimming rules: if you activate in water you'd have to take a swimming roll. What if you end up in water in mid- activation? Example: a figure jumps into deep water from land and has movement left on the first activation. Can he finish his move in deep water or does he immediately have to take the roll?   

Offline Roger

• Librarian
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2017, 07:46:49 PM »
Hi Joe, With the vine warden spell 'Brambles' can they be dispelled also?

Great game ,by the way, Im really looking forward to the supplements :)

Roger

Offline joe5mc

• Mastermind
    • The Renaissance Troll
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2017, 11:50:19 AM »
Critmash - you can finish the move. So, if you can get through Deep Water quick enough, you are fine.

Roger - not quite sure what you mean by 'dispelled'? if you are asking if the Warden can just cancel the spell at any time, then no, it is a permanent feature.

Offline evilsam

• Student
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2017, 06:01:09 PM »
Hi Joe,
I hosted my usual nemesis through his first game last weekend and we had a great time.
Several questions came up based on the scenario. We were playing the Drichean Cages and the following came up:

1) I was playing a Beast Warden. Does this mission totally negate the Beast Cry spell as only Drichean Warriors are added by a random encounter? It seems like this mission is potentially hard on a beast warden due to a lack of random beasts.
2) If the Beast Cry is still a usable spell, does that mean it generates a Drichean warrior if it succeeds on the end of turn random encounter roll? Does this spell’s placement rule override the scenario’s Drichean placement rule?
3) Is the prisoner freed when the cage is unlocked or when a crewman picks him up as a treasure token?