Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:27:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690604
  • Total Topics: 118339
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Mabel Street Mob - Jail Break AAR  (Read 2127 times)

Offline whomever1

• Librarian
Re: The Mabel Street Mob - Jail Break AAR
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2017, 06:03:38 PM »
  Great game but also, thanks for the link to Copperhead Road. Atmospheric! Hopefully the refreshments were served in Mason jars.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 06:05:33 PM by whomever1 »

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2017, 11:37:19 PM »
What a fabulous game and report! I wish I'd been there................oh, wait a minute, I was there

Yes you certainly were there, you mad old Mad Lord you! Most of us in the Mabel Street mob did the usual things involving springing prisoners and robbing banks using conventional tactics (lots of gunfire) whilst you created carnage by hot-wiring trucks, causing massive road accidents and giving captive policemen hernias by forcing them to help us lift their car on to the jetty so you could take it with us in the boat. No wonder Vagabond was a mere shadow of his former self at the end of the game.

What a fun game it was, another stellar game as part of an amazing gaming weekend.

Doug

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2017, 06:28:42 AM »
Hopefully the refreshments were served in Mason jars.

Never thought of that, maybe next time though!   ;)

No wonder Vagabond was a mere shadow of his former self at the end of the game.

Poor fellow was a gibbering wreck by the end, I took this short video of his reaction when I told him I was hot-wiring a stolen truck and reversing it into the State Trooper convoy!

« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 06:42:30 AM by Mad Lord Snapcase »

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2017, 10:38:41 AM »
Never thought of that, maybe next time though!   ;)

Poor fellow was a gibbering wreck by the end, I took this short video of his reaction when I told him I was hot-wiring a stolen truck and reversing it into the State Trooper convoy!

lol lol lol lol

Doug

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
    • Vagabond's Wargaming Blog
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2017, 02:01:46 AM »
Mind you I am skeptical about an escape in a deep draft launch from the Arizona/New Mexico border lol lol
Lon

Lon Sometimes you have to go with what's nice and bugger reality. When I saw the Mad Lords River launch and water mat I just had to use them in the game, the bank has a sign that says Arizona Territory Bank so originally it was Arizona, however none of the pictures shows the sign :? So I could have changed the back story, but sometimes life just to sort to mess about like that.

That's one explanation  but the other could be that there is an old Indian story that when they are in greatest need, the rivers will flow, the land will turn green again and buffalo will roam the plains, I needed a river and it materialised. ;)

That reaction was either because you and Doug kept going brrumm brrumm with the cars. lol lol or it might have been after driving my camper van up your driveway and dislodging  the gargoyles on your gate posts.  lol lol