Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:35:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690750
  • Total Topics: 118346
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: new from chaosium  (Read 1736 times)

Offline itchy

• Mad Scientist
new from chaosium
« on: April 11, 2009, 08:07:54 PM »
just seen this on the chaosium web site might be useful, this is there write up:

Aces High     [CHA0366]   

$18.95

ACES HIGH is a mythical, western role-playing game where Davey Crockett exists along side The Man With No Name. The relationship, however, may be an uneasy one.

Violence is an everyday occurrence on the frontier of Civilization. Dust swirls around a crimson sun, reminding every one of their possible success, telling them of their mortality. Settlers make a grab for the fertile land, destroying whatever does not fit their ideal.

Prospectors are raping the hills for precious metals; dumping their waste in the fresh, clear rivers. Trappers slaughter vast herds of buffalo for their valuable pelts, leaving a wake of rotting carcasses, a mountain of bone and skulls. The Law can barely cope, as lynch mobs leave cadavers hanging from the trees.

The Redskins fight for their very existence, caught between death and degradation. The old powers cannot compete with the new power from the East. The wise have begun to abandon hope; the young still believe they have a chance to even the score.

The people drag a living from the land of dreams but everything is not always as it seems. Ancient mysteries are discovered as the white man slowly conquers this strange new world, mysteries that they are not prepared for.

Aces High is a deadly supplement for the Basic Roleplaying game. Firearms are very common, it would be considered unusual if your character did not have a firearm of some description. Healing is generally restricted to First Aid and Medicine delivered by a Doctor. Other than that, only natural healing can be relied upon, and that is slow. If your character is involved in a shoot-out you should expect swift and bloody death from all directions.

Offline Skunkape

• Bookworm
    • http://www.johnprime.com/games.php
Re: new from chaosium
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 08:42:56 PM »
I picked up this PDF and had Kinko's print and bind it for me, which they did after contacting Chaosium for permission.

Anyway, I think this is a good add-on to the BRP core rules and it's the rule system, with a few house rules that I'll be using for my Weird West campaign.
Skunk

You wanna be alright you gotta walk tall

Long Beach Dub Allstars & Black Eyed Peas