Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:38:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690679
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (Commercial) custom/textured basing supplies by McDougall Designs  (Read 1018 times)

Offline lord marcus

• Scientist
To fund my hobby, and promote good basing, I have opened an Etsy shop where I sell textured basing supplies. What follows is my normal sale/update blurb.

Updated post for 11/11/17 - PayPal accepted.

UPDATE:

CHRISTMAS SEASON SALE: 10% off all orders till 31rst December 2017. This will be calculated into final quotes after inquiry

FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS TOTALLING $100 or more!

Two new textures are up for preorder: Temple of the old god and fieldstone.

Sheets of texture are now available. A sheet is roughly 6 inches by 5 inches. Each sheet comes unprimed, and will retail at $5. I've had customers use these for backdrops for photography, and others just trying to spice up thier bases.

I make and sell custom bases. I often have off cuts left over. This post is for bulk bags of offcuts. The below link has examples

Photos 11/11/17 not including terrain pieces https://imgur.com/gallery/V0eii

I also, as stated, make bases and do other custom work, including terrain/dungeon layouts. Pm with any questions.

Prices are as follows:

Snack baggie = $4

Sandwich baggie = $8

Quart baggie = $10

Options currently include:

Norse/fantasy Runic

Mayan ruined temple

Crusader temple

Cracked earth

Cobblestone

Double Diamond deck plating

Egyptian ruins

Greek tile

Elven temple

Random assortment of the above.

PRE ORDER:

These two upcoming textures have a week extra processing time due to the texture tools being on their way to me in the mail. They can be used for bulk bags as above, or custom basing/other orders. However this extra processing time is tacked on.

Temple of the old one – deep ones inspired temple/ruins flooring

Fieldstone

For those interested in bases, I offer every size and shape needed for wargaming or rpgs.

25mm/32mm bases are 0.50 cents each, and prices go up from there. Highest price currently is a knight Titan base at $4.50

I can expand my line of textures over time (reinvesting) or by customer special order. If you would like one of the following I will need an order of at least $25 and an extra week of processing time in order for my tool maker to produce and ship me the tool.

Possible new textures:

Wood planks Reb brick walkway, Block brick, Chaos Runic, Celtic Runic, Hexagons, Triple hexagons, Indian cashmere

Disclaimer:

Yes, the tools I use are commercially available, and thus you could potentially make items like mine yourself. I personally see my business as a service for those who do not want to invest the time, money, and logistics into making this happen. I am also less expensive, generally speaking.

Furthermore, I have direct confirmation from the manufacturer that I can sell my finished works that use thier tools in construction.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
Re: (Commercial) custom/textured basing supplies by McDougall Designs
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 12:03:02 PM »
What plaster are you casting with?

How do you price shipping?

Offline lord marcus

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 05:07:23 AM »
What plaster are you casting with?

How do you price shipping?

I don't use plaster, it's too brittle. I am using artist-grade polymer clay.

Shipping depends on whether the buyer is domestic or international to the United States. If the former, it's $5 standard, $7.20 if you go beyond a certain point.

The latter is priced on request, and is at cost. Generally between $15-25. I've had 3 orders from Poland at $22.50 lately, for instance.

Domestic orders of $100 or over are free shipping until 31rst December currently.

Also, as an update, I have a new sleep of pictures, 2 new textures, and a new product.

TWO NEW textures now in stock and fully available in every size and shape required, as well as in our bulk bags! Fieldstone brick and temple of the old one.

NEW PRODUCT: road sections

7.5 inches by 2.5 inches, available unpainted or painted.

Available in two textures:

Fieldstone brick

Cobblestone

1 for $3
Pack of 6 for $15

That's a whopping 45 inches of roadway for $15

Photos https://imgur.com/gallery/nWVh6

Offline lord marcus

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 05:16:42 PM »
Special offer: buy three quart baggies of basing material, get a medium random bag free! $8 value

Happy New Year! Special prices for gaming clubs available.

FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS TOTALLING $100 or more!