Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:46:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Heraldic designs on Jupon/Tabard help  (Read 1145 times)

Offline Captain Gideon

• Librarian
Heraldic designs on Jupon/Tabard help
« on: November 18, 2017, 03:00:10 AM »
I came up with another problem which is regarding to French(mostly)and English Heraldic designs/patterns on Jupons and Tabards.

Since I'm not that great a painter I wanted to know if anyone makes decals(in 28mm)for the Knights Armor?

For example I have a Henry V figure and after I paint the armor I have to paint the colors Blue and Red in 4 squares now in the Blue squares you have the Fleur de Lis while in the Red squares there's the Gold Lions.

Now painting the Blue and Red Squares is one thing but I don't think I can paint in the Fleur de Lis and Gold Lion.

So I would like to ask is there any decals that would fit the bill for English and French Heraldic designs?

Any help would be most grateful.

Michael

Offline henryv

• Librarian
Re: Heraldic designs on Jupon/Tabard help
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 09:54:21 PM »
That can be a problem when painting the 100 years war.

Take a look at Veni Vidi Vici, there transfers, decals are rather good.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 10:04:12 PM by henryv »

Offline Captain Gideon

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 04:11:21 PM »
henryv after looking at the Veni Vidi Vici transfers I don't think they'll work.

From what I saw the transfers look like they'll fit on a shield but not on the armor of the Knight.

There are simple Heraldic designs that I might be able to paint on the armor myself but other ones are impossible.

Is there any other place I might try?

Michael

Offline levied troop

• Mastermind
The League of Gentlemen Anti Alchemists
(We Turn Gold into Lead)

Offline Captain Gideon

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 06:56:58 PM »
levied troop between the 2 links you provided there's a few things that would work for certain things but not all.

In some cases I wish I was a better painter.

Michael

Offline aircav

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • the aircav saga
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2017, 08:16:16 PM »

Offline Captain Gideon

• Librarian
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2017, 03:13:31 AM »
Thanks aircav I think this site helps me out the most since it has exactly what I need.

Michael

Offline Captain Gideon

• Librarian
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2017, 05:02:26 PM »
Humakt I do understand what you're saying and agree with you but since this is my first foray into Medieval Wargaming and since I plan on doing Agincourt at some point in the near future I want to try and have as many of the main personalities both French and English and I want to try and make it look good on the table with the banners on both sides etc.

Granted if I had been into Medieval gaming for a number of years then I wouldn't be making that much of a fuss.

For myself I've always been interested in the Medieval period but for most of the time I never had the time.money and chance that I had recently it sorta of all fell into place within the last year or two,I mean getting the French Army(at least a fair portion of them)for a very good price and then obtaining the English Army as well with just a little bit that I added myself all I can say is that it was a dream come true.

And I admit that in the past I could've gotten both armies in 15mm(and I had my chances)but to be truthful they wouldn't have looked as good as the 28mm figures do it's that simple.

So I'm very happy to be where I am right now with regards to my Medieval interest and gaming.

Also I want to wish all of you a very Happy Thanksgiving eventhpough it's still a few days away but I might not have the chance later.

Michael