Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:19:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: VSF project take 2  (Read 1457 times)

Offline swiftnick

• Mastermind
VSF project take 2
« on: November 18, 2017, 08:53:18 AM »
Many years ago when I left Edinburgh for the far north, I passed most of my VSF collection into safer hands. I just kept some character figures in 28mm and my 15mm stuff. The 15mm Martian empires stuff is great and I do enjoy the larger battles. I had noticed a resurge of interest in 28mm VSF gaming in recent years with the release of IHMN. But although I have the rules I didn't like any of the companies.
After jumping in on the Draculas America nickstarter I was checking out northstar for more figures when I noticed that there were suddenly a lot more very nice Victorian figures and even quite a useful IHMN company. So suddenly it is back on.
I am never going to be able to replicate the games I used to take part in wirh Colin Jack and the rest of the SESWC Illuminati. They were awesome and on what can only be described as an epic scale. But perhaps more gentle skirmishes with two or three players.

Offline swiftnick

• Mastermind
Re: VSF project take 2
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 08:56:41 AM »
The first step is to check out the pages here and have a good root through various blogs for inspiration. I have already started to think about what games I can do with my VBCW terrain and the few figures i have left. Have also ordered some samples of figures that I think could bolster what I have to give a quick start into a campaign.

Offline Rabbitz

• Mad Scientist
    • Unit57
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 11:20:22 AM »
Good on you. 

I’ve also been getting the urge to get my VSF on again, so will eagerly await your pictures. 

I have been adding our old battles to my blog in order to keep them all in one place.

http://unit57inminiature.blogspot.com.au/2017/07/vsf-battle-of-sandrigham.html

Integrity is non negotiable

My little blog

www.unit57inminiature.blogspot.com.au

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 10:34:05 PM »
GREAT AAR and AWESOME setting, CONGRATULATIONS!  :-*

You gentlemen have the duty to keep this going!  ;)
"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsébet Báthory - 1560-1614 (?)

Offline swiftnick

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 12:36:26 PM »
Good on you. 

I’ve also been getting the urge to get my VSF on again, so will eagerly await your pictures. 

I have been adding our old battles to my blog in order to keep them all in one place.

http://unit57inminiature.blogspot.com.au/2017/07/vsf-

battle-of-sandrigham.html

Thanks that is another blog to follow. Lovely stuff!

Offline Metternich

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 07:44:09 PM »
I look forward to more posts !

Offline Rabbitz

• Mad Scientist
    • Unit57
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 02:20:23 AM »
Thanks.   One question.   What’s AAR? Sorry I’m not up to date with all the acronyms

So, Swiftnick, how goes the progress?

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 04:20:20 AM »
Thanks.   One question.   What’s AAR? Sorry I’m not up to date with all the acronyms

AAR = After Action Report.

It's basically a report... after the action of the game!  ;)

Offline swiftnick

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2017, 09:28:50 PM »
I have been a wee bit busy recently getting ready for a pulp game. Although I have managed to paint some Barsoomians in between.
So stage 2 is checking what I already have. As it turns out it is quite a lot. I have a KR case filled with quite a few VSF figures certainly enough for a few games. Most were gathered together when I had a Gangs of New York kick a few years ago. Some are old friends from VSF campaigns of years ago. Turns out I even still have my Russian Aeronef crew from the early 90s.
So just mulling over rules and setting but will start off with a few linked skirmishes set in London. Somehow the characters will get to Mars but that is way down the line.
Waiting on some samples from ironclad but have already received their lovely Martian skyship.