Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:00:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690462
  • Total Topics: 118332
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Demiurg (take 2)  (Read 4356 times)

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Often confused or misunderstood...
    • Inso's World
Re: Demiurg (take 2)
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2018, 07:56:41 PM »
It's been a while but I have found some new motivation to continue with this little project :) .

With that in mind, I will bring things up to date with the three more Demiurg:

As with the others, there is a Mechanic/Engineer, a Leader and a Controller (in that order).

These ones are for the Air Guild. The previous ones were part of the Earth Guild.

The Air Guilders run space and air operations, the Earth Guilders run all ground operations and the Subterranean Guild run underground and sea operations. I will be adding more information very soon :) .

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Inso's World
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2018, 02:23:55 PM »
The Demiurg Air Guilders are finished:

There are more images of these, plus WIP pix of the drones I plan to use... and also a major upheaval that will have quite an impact on my hobby time... in this blog post :) :

http://insosworld.blogspot.com/2018/09/the-times-they-are-changin.html

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Inso's World
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2018, 09:48:37 PM »
The first bit of sculpting for ages. This is a Demiurg Air Guilder with a partial face mask.

I haven't got his two buddies yet (EBay seller hasn't sent what I paid for... dispute ongoing) so I'll get this one painted and see what happens. I have two Mantic helmets ready for the other two (when I get them) so they will have not 'skin' showing. Hopefully the weather will suit a bit of priming action tomorrow... then I can get straight on it :) .

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2018, 10:37:47 PM »
Cracking figures :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Love this new project
Good luck with the big change. I do hope it allows for plenty of hobby time

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Inso's World
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2018, 09:31:08 PM »
Cheers :) .

Hopefully, I'll find out about my job very soon (references are being checked at the moment :) ).

I managed to find a pair of Arkanauts to go with the leader... so I now have a fully painted leader, a fully converted mechanic and a partially converted drone controller:

All that is needed (before priming), is a little bit of work on the face of the drone controller (to make him look a bit different to the mechanic) and a small tidy up on the back of his spear hand (to attach the cord properly)... then it'll be back to the drones :) .

Offline 3 fingers

• Mastermind
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2018, 08:00:06 PM »
These are great , a lot better than a shortened hells angel/biker
When I seen these I wondered about the heads from the  boromite ? race from Gate of Antares . They look suitably rocky/alien like .

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Inso's World
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2018, 09:59:47 PM »
Cheers :)

The heads are quite large so the Borromite ones would look tiny if I used them... I have thought about it...

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Inso's World
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2018, 05:59:51 PM »
Not very much has been happening recently... but I have managed to finish an Air Guild, Leader:

... and an Air Guild, Mechanic:

The drone controller is still 'sculpting in progress' so he'll turn up at some point... then it will be all hands to drone painting :) .

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Inso's World
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2018, 07:19:50 PM »
The last of the Demiurg Air Guild is finished :) :

I still have the drones to finish but I am getting fed up with not knowing the paint-scheme of my existing Earth Guilders... so it looks like I am going to be fishing those out and painting lots of colours on to paper to try and work out what colours I used. That way, once I know, the drones will all look as uniform as the Air Guilders do. I will say that the Air Guild Demiurg, are painted in a different shade of green to the drones... but that isn't a problem as long as they are all painted the same way :) .

I may even assemble the first full unit of Earth Drones... 10 walkers with a mix of assault/battle/bomber/shield configurations... if I can summon the enthusiasm :) .

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2018, 08:34:32 PM »
I really like these a lot! Great work.
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Inso's World
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2018, 02:09:34 PM »
Cheers :) . They are simple conversions (apart from the odd head-sculpt) so they aren't too tiresome to do.

I decided that I didn't fancy launching into the Air Guild Drones... so the Earth Guild Drones have been dug out, where necessary assembled and then some paint has been slapped on:

They are obviously WIP and the different stages and thoughts on the project are sort of explained, over at this blog post:

http://insosworld.blogspot.com/2018/10/the-wind-has-changed-direction.html