Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2018, 09:47:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: Post-Apocalyptia, Part Three: Begin Again...  (Read 2143 times)

Offline Sinewgrab

• Supporting Adventurer
  • scatterbrained genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
Re: Post-Apocalyptia, Part Three: Begin Again...
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2018, 03:21:32 PM »
The truly frightening part is about 3 years ago I went on a three month binge ordering nothing but parts lots of plasticville buildings of ebay.  After about 3 months, I had spent about $150, and ended up with 27 different 'complete' buildings, and a big bag of leftovers.  I had to mix and match some of them, but so what?

And I have only painted maybe 6-7 of them.  I still have another cafe, several rail-related building, a park pond...all sorts of stuff.  And I had forgotten they were in the garage until I was looking for a building for this project.

:o o_o
"There is no known cure for the wargaming virus, only treatments with ever increasing doses of metal."

Offline Sinewgrab

• Supporting Adventurer
  • scatterbrained genius
Re: Post-Apocalyptia, Part Three: Begin Again...latest a bit NSFW
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2018, 04:19:39 AM »
And with the 4th being a day off, we spent the morning doing yard work and the afternoon doing, well, this.

Here are some tables and chairs, mounted on clear basing, so I can use them anywhere.

I felt Mick's needed a Mick, and here he is.

With his trained crow (or is it a raven), he runs the place.  He claims his name is actually Nick, but the painter screwed up.

His wife insists he was the one who painted it, and he just can't spell in American runes.

They have two daughters, a redhead and a raven.

Family photo!

I also painted some little beasties, that I am going to claim are reborn genetically modified t-rexes, because, why not?  And Mick can send them after you with a wave of his hand.

And because I have an idea for a game lurking inside my skull, I also went looking for captive models for the group.  I found the two girls, and not been successful for the parents yet.

Offline Sinewgrab

• Supporting Adventurer
  • scatterbrained genius
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2018, 08:27:34 PM »
So I have a couple of resin truck a friend gave me, that were his "test casts", and I just cut the back off one and made me another brahmin wagon.

I think with the amount of 'merchanty' terrain I have, a few wagons would be good scatter, both empty and full.

Offline Exiledadmiral

• librarian
« Reply #33 on: Today at 07:11:18 AM »
Brilliant stuff. Liking Mick (or is it Nick?) and his family. Great brahmin wagon too, nothing says fallout like a brahmin caravan.
All my stuff, sporadically updated: carpeminisculus.blogspot.co.uk