Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:06:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686456
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 1920's Match seller sculpt .( TSG's Workbench.)  (Read 88748 times)

Offline 6milPhil

• Galactic Brain
    • Slug Industries
Re: Tin sheds workbench,.( Roundhouse test sculpt.)
« Reply #240 on: January 18, 2021, 02:23:56 PM »
I mix GS with milliput, and found it gives the sharper edges of milliput, but also the flexibility of GS once cured. Might be worth trying mixing some with super sculpey, it should survive the bake as it's pretty low temp. I know milliput doesn't like the high heat of vulcanisation.

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
Re: Tin sheds workbench,.( Roundhouse test sculpt.)
« Reply #241 on: January 18, 2021, 03:08:52 PM »
 It has been Years since i have watched Akira.Loved the film and Manga stuff too including Ninja Scroll.

I even have several of the Akira cells from the movie.

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Phil, I don't use green stuff as both it and Super sculpy leave me sort clay blind after long periods of use. I normally only use super sculpy for larger sculpts such as 1/12th and 1/6th.
For 28mm stuff and sharp edges I use Procreate. Miliput rarely as it's nasty stuff. Though the next wave of sculpts have been requested with miliput bases  :?

Manic,
Why nine year old love's Spirited Away has since he was a four.
Akria is just that fraction too old for him. Let alone Tank Police!

Here's a few progress pictures The Super sculpy didn't do to bad holding the shapes. It's not a spot on copy as I tweaked the model to proved as much self supporting detail as possible.But it definitely gives a nod to the bike.

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim project
Love the thatch roof round house. At first I thought it was a resin cast as I didn't realize it was the Super Sculpy master until I saw the bike.

Offline 6milPhil

• Galactic Brain
    • Slug Industries
Phil, I don't use green stuff as both it and Super sculpy leave me sort clay blind after long periods of use. I normally only use super sculpy for larger sculpts such as 1/12th and 1/6th.
For 28mm stuff and sharp edges I use Procreate. Miliput rarely as it's nasty stuff. Though the next wave of sculpts have been requested with miliput bases  :?

I know what you mean about clay blind. The Vienetta minty tone of GS and Milliput actually helps with that. Thoguht I'd mention it in passing, but you knocked the ball out of the park with it anyway! ;)

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Tin sheds workbench,. Akria (Kaneda's motorcycle (ish) painted. 19/01)
« Reply #245 on: January 19, 2021, 08:46:18 PM »
Totally appreciate the tip. Just happened to involve my personal kryptonite  lol

Took a late lunch/early finish today so I threw some paint at it.I knew I'd understated the size and angle of the windshield. Just didn't realize I'd gone too far until I'd undercoated it and a I could see what I'd been doing by guess work( to a degree as I said it plays havoc with my eyes if I've been using it all day.)

Lighting as most Know by now is deliberately low in my house due to light sensitivity of then mini pepple we have stay from time to time So pictures not the best until I can use natural light.
So bare with  ;)

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
Re: Tin sheds workbench,. Akira (Kaneda's motorcycle (ish) painted. 19/01)
« Reply #246 on: January 20, 2021, 12:12:15 AM »
 That looks great with a lick of paint.Will you be doing some figures to go with it?

Offline Bravo Six

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #247 on: January 20, 2021, 11:42:46 AM »
Mark,

I'm QUITE taken with your sculpting style! It's very unique and I like it alot. I've been over to the 1st Corp site pouring over your C20th Follies range and it's all amazing! Just wondered if these civilians are going to be part of that range?

Offline Ewan

• Scientist
« Reply #248 on: January 20, 2021, 01:17:44 PM »

Offline Bravo Six

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #249 on: January 20, 2021, 01:27:34 PM »
D'oh! Thanks Ewan!  ;)

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #250 on: January 20, 2021, 03:42:43 PM »
Manic,
Slightly better pictures. 
I won't be doing any figures with this bike. Coz I've given it away. ;D

Bravo Six,
Thanks for the PM.
I'll just add here too. A lot of the WW2 sculpts are in the Homefront sub category of the WW2 section. On the 1st Corps website.
I've been adding ww2 sculpts to my Homefront thread on the WW2 board of the forum. As they're part of my own WW2 project as well as things for 1st Corps Miniatures.

Offline Bravo Six

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #251 on: January 20, 2021, 04:09:13 PM »
Yes, thanks for that Mark. It took some digging over at 1st Corp but I think I found all your stuff there. I was going to mention, when I look at the above pic of the civilians..... it's nice that the actor John Goodman was immortalized in putty.  lol

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #252 on: January 21, 2021, 05:16:34 PM »
Oh no you didn't  lol

I've been doing tech work for 1st Corps Since Robbie Baker started 1st Corps.
Not everything in my personal/ prefered style .I still do tech work and repairs on everything Simon and Mick ask me to.  Virtually every range has something tweaked by me. From the darkage ranges ancients. To the WW2 and scifi. Through their resin buildings to their WW2 vehicles . Be it a flock of sheep ,elephants, Romano british church, the figures used on their Darkage banner head for their show stand. Crashed charriots, Chinese battle wagons. A who shield wall of different types of shileds to fit transfers.from Greek to medieval.
Even Robbies orginal romans had their helmet cheek guards done by me. As for Civil war I've lost count of how many head swaps arm moves, Hats and facial hair tweaks I've done. Even the English civil war and thirty years war stuff has tweaks in it by me ( civil war mainly horse tweaks and pistol holsters on horse ) Truth be known I've forgotten how much. It's often quite random from adding an edged base to Russian front house so they pull from the moulds easier. To water pumps and medieval tents and tilt yards. To Roman turf forts.
I haven't always had my name on stuff nor have I always bothered to ask for it to be added. I'm not vain enough to turn down tech work. Be it repairing other people's work thats been damaged by moulds or something as minor as adding a chin strap or a mustache.Its a job and work's work when there's mouths to feed and a mortgage to pay lol

(That's just 1st corps. You'd be suprized how many others pay not to add your name. Its Why I'm able to put four of our kids through uni.(so far still got number five at home.)It really does help not have a big ego.On I've still got one and it's not averse to a little flattery every now and then. lol)

Offline Bravo Six

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #253 on: January 22, 2021, 12:57:15 PM »
Sorry Mark. Had to be said.  lol

I had no idea Robbie started 1st Corp. But it would make sense since all the sci-fi stuff is by his hand. He's one of my fave sculptors, and I've been a fan of his since he started Baker Company. All my Vietnam stuff is by him, and now that he's doing more Nam stuff for Full Metal Miniatures my collection has grown exponentially.

.Oh I've still got one and it's not averse to a little flattery every now and then

Well then, having said that, I think you've got a fanboy in me now too with all your C20th Follies and Homefront stuff.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 01:03:40 PM by Bravo Six »

Offline Bravo Six

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #254 on: March 14, 2021, 05:25:32 AM »
Pssst..... Mark..... got any new stuff to share?  :?