Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:43:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689764
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Fur-grave - Mikedemana's Ghost Archipelago spin on things (2nd game AAR Pg5)  (Read 12691 times)

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
Re: Fur-grave - Mikedemana's Ghost Archipelago spin on things
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2018, 12:31:53 AM »
Rats! More progress on my monsters... lol

Splintered Light Miniatures rats "infest" my islands of the Ghost Archipelago

As my blog entry explains, I've modified the monsters that appear on my Ghost Archipelago. Some modifications are due to what miniatures I own, and others (like this one) to keep the furry spin on things. Thus, the Dricheans are my rats - my latest update with more pics and explanation.

Blog link: https://leadlegionaries.blogspot.com/2018/05/rats-more-moster-progress.html

Mike Demana
www.firstcommandwargames.com
http://leadlegionaries.blogspot.com/

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2018, 10:03:50 AM »
hmm, poor old dricheans reduced to rats status ...

but the furry theme continues apace at least. don't think I'd noticed before that you base on hexagons (should check higher up the thread!).

* and indeed you do (hex bases). always loved that 'look'.
If I could afford it I'd have a no-expense spared Kallistra set-up in terms of my gaming-board.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 11:52:27 AM by Bloggard »

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2018, 10:20:37 AM »
Cute though! Is it just my group, or are the dricheans acctually really scary? Stat-wise I mean.

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2018, 12:51:39 PM »
played a game last weekend, and gave a lizardman, drichean warrior stats ... cue three crewmen pushed back over a cliff-edge to their untimely demise ...

not sure why I went with Drichean rather than native or snakeman stats - just first thing that came to hand opening the book I guess.

will do custom-ones in due course!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 09:50:28 AM by Bloggard »

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2018, 12:19:05 AM »
All the more reason to shout “Rats!” when you encounter them...!  lol

Mike

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2018, 04:07:49 AM »

Aquarium piece from Blue Ribbon (purchased off of Amazon)

I finally got around to ordering the Angkor Wat aquarium pieces that I have been wanting for years, now. Pics and how I modified them on my blog:
http://leadlegionaries.blogspot.com/2018/06/aquarium-pieces-as-ruined-temples.html

Oh, and here is my take on the storyline for my Ghost Archipelago campaign. Slightly altered to bring the Splintered Light Miniatures animal races into the history.

Den mothers tell stories of the Great Darkness to their litters. They speak of when the sky turned to flame, the earth shook, and all the creatures cried out. But it was not the end of the world. A thick layer of clouds hid the face of the sun, day after day. That was when the Crystal Pool appeared, deep in the heart of the woods, and the creatures began to drink from it.

Many who drank became sick and died, but those that did not die were changed. Their spines straightened and they began to walk upright. Their paws could grasp objects, and their clever minds created new tools. Each generation became larger and more different than the creatures they once were. Some who drank at the pool had even stranger changes. They could control wind, water, plants, and even the earth. Or they could affect others, or their own bodies, with only a thought. Their powers were greater than their brethren, and they became the leaders of their dens.

Perhaps the earth and air grew angry at being controlled by these creatures, because it erupted. Once more, flames burnt the sky. All the creatures fled the area of the Crystal Pool and created new dens far away. Generations later, the special powers have begun to fade among the leaders. Using them has begun to cause pain, and sometimes even death.

The wise have determined that absence from the Crystal Pool is the reason. Some have begun to venture back from where they migrated, hoping to find the pool. They report the land has changed greatly. The waters of the ocean have poured into the ancestral grounds. Only the highest points peek above these waters, as jungle-clad islands. The islands are home to many dangerous creatures, but still the brave and perhaps foolish venture there in hopes of finding the Crystal Pool. Sipping from its waters could resurrect their race’s fading powers, and make them mighty once more.

Weasel Warden, a descendant of one who drank from the Crystal Pool

Mike Demana

Offline LiamFrostfang

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2018, 07:47:49 AM »
 8) way cool.

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2018, 09:19:54 AM »
lovely background write-up, and your new scenic pieces (and on-blog photos thereof in particular) are looking fabulous.
very much agree re: the quality of the out-of-the-box paintjobs on the aquarium pieces too.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 10:29:10 AM by Bloggard »

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2018, 09:06:52 PM »

My custom-made terrain for the Brambles spell, and a Mouse Vine Warden

Well, it is almost here! I'm ready for my first game of Frostgrave: Ghost Archipelago this coming Sunday. The last little bits I needed to do were finished up this week. Check out my terrain for the Brambles, Earthen Wall, Parapet, and Pit spells on my blog, linked below. I am pretty happy with how they turned out, and give details on how I made each.
https://leadlegionaries.blogspot.com/2018/06/ghost-archipelago-scenics-walls-pits.html

Mike Demana

« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 08:17:37 PM by mikedemana »

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2018, 03:37:58 AM »

A final crew, Splintered Light Miniatures Foxes

One final short update before running my first game this Sunday. I had another one of our gaming group express interest in playing in the Ghost Archipelago campaign. This meant I needed another crew. Check out my blog for more photos and discussion on the Foxes:
https://leadlegionaries.blogspot.com/2018/06/the-foxes.html

Mike Demana

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2018, 10:28:16 AM »
love the spell effects, and your latest crew of critters is looking particularly good.

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2018, 06:28:06 AM »

My eight players gathered around the side by side, 4'x4' boards

We had our first game of "Fur-grave" this Sunday evening, and turnout was awesome. Eight players were split into two boards -- all but one being brand new to they system. They had fun vying for treasures and learning the rules. I was gratified that all of them said they enjoyed it and thanked me for the work I'd put into bringing the campaign to our Sunday evening gaming.

For more photos and an account heck out my blog entry:
https://leadlegionaries.blogspot.com/2018/07/drakes-perch-first-game-of-fur-grave.html

The Satyrs hurry forward to seize a treasure they've spotted nested beneath a row of ancient statues

Mike Demana

Offline LiamFrostfang

• Mad Scientist
 :D fur TASTIC!!!! awesome!!!

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
yes, I confur  :D

fantastic looking boards, great photos here and on the blog - and what a great turn-out!

Offline 3 fingers

• Mastermind
I like the rats , sometimes i think skaven miniatures are to over the top but those look good as large rats that are scavenging and copying humans.