Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:35:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686589
  • Total Topics: 118109
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: French Harbor Town - Update March 14 - Combatants  (Read 11101 times)

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
Re: French Harbor Town
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2017, 08:22:38 AM »
Really great work and I am finding it great inspiration for my current project.

:o Excellent! Please, keep posting!
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Offline The Dozing Dragon

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • The Little Soldier Company
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2017, 09:39:55 AM »
Marvellous.

Offline lou passejaire

• Mastermind
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2017, 11:10:18 AM »
want to see more  :o :o
Dans les situations critiques, quand on parle avec un calibre bien en pogne, personne ne conteste plus. Y'a des statistiques là-dessus.

Offline miltiades

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2017, 01:08:53 PM »
A wonderful and VERY inspiring scenic! That's what I will do with my terrain in Peking! Thanks for posting!

Offline jbemmett

• Bookworm
    • Herr Brush
Re: French Harbor Town - Update - Memorial, Water Pump and More Buildings
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2017, 12:05:46 PM »
Mid-week I've been working on rounding out some of the bits and bobs for the town and adding in the remaining buildings.

I've used this WWI memorial statue "as is" for a few years now, but always felt that it needed dressed up a bit, so I put together a small memorial garden to surround it. I cut a base out of plastic card, and then added some HO scale hairpin fence around the perimeter. I then painted and flocked the base, and added some bushes and flowers. I'm not completely satisfied with it - I feel there's too much red going on - so I may circle back and add some different flora.

Thomarillion has this nifty cast iron water pump that I picked up a while ago, and I thought it would make a nice bit for the town. I scratch built a concrete catch basin by making a box with balsa and covering it with Liquitex Stucco Texture. Then it was just a matter of some paint and washes.

Offline jbemmett

• Bookworm
    • Herr Brush
Here’s the remaining buildings for the town, again from Grand Manner. The warehouse truck is from Blue Moon and the clothes line was made from balsa and an old foil wine label.

Next I’ll start working on some walls to delineate the town from the dock area.

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
This is so wonderful to see developing...  :-*

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
The whole project is stunning!
Your buildings are outstanding! Cheers!

Offline Eclaireur

• Scientist
Have to echo the others in my admiration of your modelling skills and attention to detail - the greenhouse being a great example.
Are your Grand Manner buildings from their old 'Carentan' range? I don't think they're obtainable any more...
EC

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Very nice.

Offline jbemmett

• Bookworm
    • Herr Brush
Have to echo the others in my admiration of your modelling skills and attention to detail - the greenhouse being a great example.
Are your Grand Manner buildings from their old 'Carentan' range? I don't think they're obtainable any more...
EC

Thank you very much.

They are from the Carentan line. I'm not sure if Dave retired those permanently or if they're going through some sort of "refit".

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
Very nice, starting to feel very French now.

Offline SABOT

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • " Keep Loading !"
Terrific work.

Offline jbemmett

• Bookworm
    • Herr Brush
Re: French Harbor Town - Update December 4 - Walls, etc.
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2017, 01:13:02 PM »
I had a few moments this weekend to devote to finishing up the “non-dock” part of the board. Wanting something to delineate the commercial/residential area from the mooring area, I painted up a few sections of walls from Charlie Foxtrot. I also added in a checkpoint from 4Ground and some sandbag sections that I believe are from Warlord.

Also I added in a few more detail pieces. The doghouse is from Warbases and the small stack of newspapers is some parchment paper glued together, painted and then soaked in the bottom of my afternoon tea for a few minutes. Thanks to my friend Richard of Warpstone Pile for sharing his technique for the newspapers.

While I’m waiting on a new air compressor to show up, I’ll be working on some detail pieces for the mooring area.

Offline jbemmett

• Bookworm
    • Herr Brush
Re: French Harbor Town - Update December 8 - Storage Shed
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2017, 12:26:30 PM »
My new compressor showed up so I was able to complete the storage shed. It’s a Things From the Basement kit, and I built it straight out of the bag. The miscellaneous supplies are from various sources. The pallets and cable reels are from Things From the Basement, the fuel drums are from Tamiya, the stack of sacks and the grey boxes came out of my 1/35 scrap box, the bundle of crates and barrels are from Grand Manner, the other crates are 4Ground and the single barrels are pre-paints from an unknown source.

Next up, the harbor crane.