Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:24:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1685048
  • Total Topics: 118007
  • Online Today: 766
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Palaeo Diet – Game 7 Dances with Wolves 31st Mar new Game  (Read 11371 times)

Offline Barry S

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
    • http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/LeadBear/
Re: Palaeo Diet – Game 2 and 3 – The Predator and The Interlopers
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2017, 09:35:14 PM »
Palaeo Diet – Game 3 – The Interlopers
If you are still here - thanks for reading

Thanks for sharing  :D
Barry

http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/LeadBear/

Offline Vampifan

• Scientist
    • Vampifan's World of the Undead
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2017, 11:00:46 PM »
All hail Luana! What a gal!  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

I enjoyed those two batreps even more than the first one, which is very high praise.  :D

More please, Vagabond!  :D

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2017, 11:55:20 PM »
All hail Luana! What a gal!  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

+1 !!! :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

From the Teutonic origin, the name "Luana" means "graceful warrior maiden" !

From the Hawaiian, means "enjoyment"!

And from African and ancient Greek means "maiden from the moon" - and let's not forget that in Ancient Greece the gorgeous Artemis, Goddess of the Moon, was also the Hunting Goddess!  ;)

BTW: "Palaeo Diet" looks like a very nice and healthy diet set of rules that led to very enjoyable games... and the minis and scenery of the "time period" also seems very appealing to me...   Hummmnn... hard to to resist the call of the hunt to this one!  lol

« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 01:55:31 AM by dinohunterpoa »
"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsιbet Bαthory - 1560-1614 (?)

Offline Irregular Wars Nic

• Mad Scientist
    • Visit the Irregular Wars blog:
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2017, 10:24:29 PM »
Thank you! I'm really enjoying these reports. Looking forward to following the exploits of the Shell clan as the continued to struggle to survive.

One question: why did you use the pack predator roster for the pygmies rather than the hominid roster (in the 'Predator' scenario)?

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
    • Vagabond's Wargaming Blog
Re: Palaeo Diet – Now on Game 2 – The Predator
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2017, 11:45:36 PM »
Another fun sounding couple of games, thanks for sharing.

Cheers, I did enjoy both these games, probably because my clan all survived.
Thanks for sharing  :D

You're more than welcome.

All hail Luana! What a gal!  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

I enjoyed those two batreps even more than the first one, which is very high praise.  :D

More please, Vagabond!  :D

Hopefully when I unpack my Christmas presents I should get some mammals on the table, mammoths, and goats can't be too hard to paint can they. lol lol

+1 !!! :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

From the Teutonic origin, the name "Luana" means "graceful warrior maiden" !

From the Hawaiian, means "enjoyment"!

And from African and ancient Greek means "maiden from the moon" - and let's not forget that in Ancient Greece the gorgeous Artemis, Goddess of the Moon, was also the Hunting Goddess!  ;)

BTW: "Palaeo Diet" looks like a very nice and healthy diet set of rules that led to very enjoyable games... and the minis and scenery of the "time period" also seems very appealing to me...   Hummmnn... hard to to resist the call of the hunt to this one!  lol

How come you know so much? You're like a walking encyclopedia.  :D

This actually is all your fault, when I saw the Dino's in the pound shop my first thought was, Dino Hunter, I must have a game of that, the great white hunters are ready I'm just waiting for a quote, they said Price on Application. I'm hoping I can afford them. lol lol

Thank you! I'm really enjoying these reports. Looking forward to following the exploits of the Shell clan as the continued to struggle to survive.

One question: why did you use the pack predator roster for the pygmies rather than the hominid roster (in the 'Predator' scenario)?

Hi Nic, next up is the Rock clan, I think that was their name. They are based on 1,000,000 years BC the film with Ms Welch, she was in the shell clan. I painted and named the figures a couple of years ago, and checking them out I realise I spelt Luana wrongly and some of the others names don't match up either. :'( :'(

Hominoid roster!! Well I know I said I was going to play through your scenario's but I'm sort of an old fashioned wargamer and I just got carried away with my own little story and didn't refer to your scenario's and totally forgot you had a section for hominoid AI. o_o
I expect I'll get sent back to the factory for reprogramming if I don't toe the line ;)

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
Re: Palaeo Diet – Now on Game 2 – The Predator
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2017, 12:22:31 AM »

How come you know so much? You're like a walking encyclopedia.  :D

I've already had my share of "Luanas" in my life!  lol

This actually is all your fault, when I saw the Dino's in the pound shop my first thought was, Dino Hunter, I must have a game of that, the great white hunters are ready I'm just waiting for a quote, they said Price on Application. I'm hoping I can afford them. lol lol

I have a mantelpiece wall full of memories from several dinosaur safaris (and the scars that come with the territory), but about 3 years ago the current GF said I should "stop slaughtering that lovely creatures" and get another hobby, so my trusted DB .450 NE is getting rusty and dusty somewhere in the attic these days... All I have been shooting lately is at Talibans and other like-minded folks in out "SpecOps TV Tabletop Series"... and I must confess that I miss the chirps and whistles of the Velociraptors in the morning!  :D   

So the idea of putting on a fur bathing suit, grabbing an obsidian spear and teaming up with some old and trusted friends really appeals to me...  ;D

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2017, 02:18:49 AM »
And it should be said that Luana From The Shell Clan has learned to use her deadly sling with Daryl Hannah From The Cave Bear Clan in the 80s!  :D

Offline pacarat

• Mad Scientist
    • pacarat.blogspot.com
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2017, 03:37:58 PM »
Enjoying the batreps, keep them coming!

If you're looking for suitable hominids, I highly recommend these old Ral Partha figs (modeled after a Frazetta painting). There's also a few Metal Magic figs in there too.

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2017, 05:33:59 PM »
Cheers Pacarat, these look good and I did have a search through the UK Ral Partha site but didn't find them. But did find some animals so not a wasted journey.

For Hominids I have some of the Lucid Eye figures the Simians and Neanderthals to paint but it's more the animals that I'm interested in now but I bought a few for Christmas, not as many as you have by a long way. ;)

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2017, 05:46:45 PM »
And it should be said that Luana From The Shell Clan has learned to use her deadly sling with Daryl Hannah From The Cave Bear Clan in the 80s!  :D

I don't think I came upon this film before but I do remember trying to read the book and didn't get far with it. Just watched a couple of clips and it's a similar feel to the book. I didn't like it. :-[

Daryl was much better in Kill Bill in my opinion. ;D

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2017, 07:40:22 PM »
Cheers Pacarat, these look good and I did have a search through the UK Ral Partha site but didn't find them. But did find some animals so not a wasted journey.

For Hominids I have some of the Lucid Eye figures the Simians and Neanderthals to paint but it's more the animals that I'm interested in now but I bought a few for Christmas, not as many as you have by a long way. ;)

For Hominids the Lucid Eye figures are the way to go IMHO. The Ral Partha Hominids are OOP but surface very often at Ebay; they are small, really 25mm scale.

I've seen their Stone Trolls as huge, scary and bad sculpted  :o primitive hominids on tabletop:

Ral Partha has a page of pre historic animals, I guess they're the ones you've mentioned:

http://ironwindmetals.com/store/index.php?cPath=271_316

I really like the Fenryll ones:

;)

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2017, 07:42:34 PM »
Daryl was much better in Kill Bill in my opinion. ;D

A katana is waaaaay sexier than a sling IMHO!   lol

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2017, 08:39:55 PM »
Have really enjoyed your three battle reports.
Will have to pick up the rules.
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2017, 12:05:01 AM »
Dino those ironwind minis are nice. The fenryll mammoths are a bit out of my price range.

Thanks for the links.

Have really enjoyed your three battle reports.
Will have to pick up the rules.

Nice of our to say so, I'll maybe try and post another game and go into the rules a bit more than my normal waffle so you can get a better grasp of the game mechanics. Maybe Nic could chime in if I am getting things wrong.

Probably after Christmas though.

Offline pacarat

• Mad Scientist
    • pacarat.blogspot.com
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2017, 04:00:19 AM »

I picked my RP hominids up many many years ago, most out of a huge box of clearance blisters at a con. Think I paid all of $1 a blister. Not surprised they might be OOP. On another related note,  I've just painted up ten of the Lucid Eye Simians - really nice figures. Have their female tribal warriors in the queue as well.