Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 09:34:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1685077
  • Total Topics: 118008
  • Online Today: 935
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Palaeo Diet – Game 7 Dances with Wolves 31st Mar new Game  (Read 11382 times)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Re: Palaeo Diet – Game 7 Dances with Wolves 31st Mar new Game
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2018, 10:04:52 PM »
Nice set of games!

Is Paleo Diet similar to Sellswords and Spellslingers in terms of mechanics? Rolling d20 for activations, prey activation on failed rolls?
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline nervisfr

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Ch'ti Ré-Animator
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2018, 07:54:33 AM »
Thanks Lost Egg, every thing on the table is from the garden or home made including the mat with the exception of the trees which were home made by Lost Valley.

Eric your players must be so competitive, don't you think you should post a game so we can all see how it should be done in style, I really would like to see your mammoth trap in action.

Cheers

my players are not really competitors but they like to give troubles to the others buddies during a friendly game.
With the wolves scenario, one of them met a cave bear with his hunt party. At the great joy of the others players  of course...

Frenchy Eric, aka Ch'ti Eric or Re-Animator
"J'ai bon caractere mais j'ai le glaive vengeur et le bras seculier"

http://chti-reanimator59.blogspot.fr[

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
    • Vagabond's Wargaming Blog
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2018, 10:46:09 AM »
Cheers NIC, I put a link to your blog in my post on my blog, but as it's a new blog with not many readers I don't expect there was an avalanche of viewers.

Argonor, I'm pleased to see you are coming out of hibernation, hope life is good for you. I was only thinking of you recently, as I think it's about time for Argonor Revenge on the Swedes who tried to steal your honey.

It sounds as if it may be similar. You can make up to 3 activations a turn, if you are not wounded you fail on a roll of  a 1 on a D6 the Third roll is a fail on a 4 or less. Each fail means 1 animal reacts. You can also make them act by throwing stuff at them or howling, it doesn't always make them run away though.

Eric - you really should post a game they sound a lot of fun.

Offline Irregular Wars Nic

• Mad Scientist
    • Visit the Irregular Wars blog:
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2018, 05:02:00 PM »
Is Paleo Diet similar to Sellswords and Spellslingers in terms of mechanics? Rolling d20 for activations, prey activation on failed rolls?

PDEE and SS&SS were developed independently. PDEE is d6 based and, like most Ganesha Games, allows characters to activate using one, two or three dice. Beasts react to failed activation rolls, and to other triggers such as having a hunter move too quickly in proximity, or seeing another beast attacked. Reactions are d6 rolls on reaction tables, where different triggers present a range of different possible responses.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2018, 09:32:22 PM »
PDEE and SS&SS were developed independently. PDEE is d6 based and, like most Ganesha Games, allows characters to activate using one, two or three dice. Beasts react to failed activation rolls, and to other triggers such as having a hunter move too quickly in proximity, or seeing another beast attacked. Reactions are d6 rolls on reaction tables, where different triggers present a range of different possible responses.

OK, sounds a bit like the reaction tables in TUSK (which I happen to like a lot).

Thanks - I shall probably have a go at it at some later point.