Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:31:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690738
  • Total Topics: 118344
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Modifying Poses on Heroclix Figures?  (Read 905 times)

Offline Mako

• Mad Scientist
Modifying Poses on Heroclix Figures?
« on: December 09, 2017, 10:39:02 PM »
Just curious if anyone has ever done this, or is still doing this, given the limited number of poses for some figures?

Seems to me trying to bend, and/or actually conducting surgery on some, to generate new poses, wouldn't be too difficult.

Perhaps heating in boiling water, and/or using a heated blade, or rod might help with bending.  Perhaps even using a hand-held hair dryer might work, though targeting a single area of the figure would seem to be difficult with this method.  Holding over a candle (I can see major tears with this one, if you get it wrong)?

Surgery, pinning, and then using putty to fill in the gaps would appear to be a lot easier than with metal figs.

Perhaps toying with low-cost figs for a start would be the way to go, at first, until one gets a little experience.

Thoughts?

Photos?

Procedures?

Offline audrey

• Scientist
    • My Oubliette
Re: Modifying Poses on Heroclix Figures?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 07:17:26 PM »
I have modified heroclix stuff but it is just to get a figure looking how I want it to look.

Below are my clix X-men. Nightcrawler was the biggest modification cutting the upper and lower halves from the original miniature and then gluing them together and sculpting a bit so the halves match using kneadatite (greenstuff). For cyclops I removed the beam effect and sculpted a new visor.

The easiest modification would be trying to reposition arms and changing the paint scheme. I'd probably cut and glue over trying to use heat. Over time a figure can go back to the original pose. But the figures are typically cheap so it is worth a shot to try.

Original Nightcrawler figure

Original Cyclops figure
Mistress of slayage

My Oubliette:
http://audreysoubliette.wordpress.com

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Chicago Skirmish Wargames
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 07:02:55 PM »
I don't have any pictures but I've repositioned clix figures and swapped parts very easily with just a knife and superglue. 

I find that heroclix are even more suited for this than many other figures because the kind of outfits they wear (unitards, gloves, straps, big shoulder pads etc) have such obvious lines or points of transition that it's easy to cut and reposition without having to do any sculpting or filling.

I agree about heat being most likely only a temporary modifcation.  The PVC they're made of is so easy to cut and glue (use CA/Superglue) that it's not a way for me.

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 06:33:54 PM »
I’ve Frankensteined many hero clip minis in my day. Good source of heads, hats and miscellaneous body parts for conversions. Well worth giving a try to practice on