Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 10:31:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689345
  • Total Topics: 118275
  • Online Today: 648
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Problem with J&M Miniatures (Canada)  (Read 3231 times)

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
Re: Problem with J&M Miniatures (Canada)
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2018, 03:54:04 AM »
The owner's name is Terry. Very nice guy. His was the hobby store that got me into this hobby, about 20 years ago. One of those classic stores with a little bit of everything. Hopefully he can help you out!

Thanks for the info. I didn't know about Interac e-transfer... I've done several orders with North Bay Games & Hobbies  in the past (back when I had a credit card ;) ) and the owner, I can't remember his name, was always very helpful.
Paint log - leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=36840.0

Blog - My life in Millimetres

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2018, 06:18:45 AM »
Unfortunate to hear J&M is having issues. I ordered a fair bit from them when James was running it (out of his living room, I gather!) in 2012/2013 and had great service then made a small order in September 2017 and was disappointed to get zero communication, a partial refund (with no explanation), and then only part of what I'd ordered.

Skimming through my email archives I see a couple of J&M newsletters from 2016 but nothing more recent than that except for my unanswered "what's going on?" email from September.

They were one of the better places I know here in Canada for Warlord, Perry, Rendera, and some of the other UK brands. Back to ordering direct from the UK and hoping Canada Customs doesn't notice, I guess...

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2018, 10:44:20 PM »
Small update,

I got most of my order during the holidays (well it was waiting for me at the Post Office). I really got them in early January.

A box of Warlords plastic German was missing. I needed it to work on a Hungarian infantry project I had (you can see some results here; http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=107184.0  ). As I didn’t have this box, I could go no further with this project for now…

I’ve sent two emails, to two different addresses to ask for the missing box but haven’t received any reply.

That’s a strange world when it became easier and sometime faster to order directly from UK than from a "local" shop… still, Post Canada might very well have lost a parcel I was waiting for from GZG… but that’s another story  :-[
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Johnno

• Mastermind
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2018, 11:25:06 PM »
Latest development; I’ve send an email again yesterday adding I was considering cancelling my order thru Paypal as a last resort… I haven’t received a reply to my email but did receive a small (not even 10%) refund. On J&M miniatures site, my order now have a "partially refund" notice instead of a "paid" one but the order status is still "unfulfilled"
:?

I'd double check that the part refund wasn't the cost of the missing components....they did that to me once....no email, just a part refund and then the order arrived and i was missing something....i looked and realized the refund was the cost of the missing item
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 03:35:45 AM by Johnno »
Yearly painting challenges only show me how useless I am at painting...

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2018, 11:29:05 PM »
I'd double check that the part refund wasn't the cost of the missing components....they did that to me once....no email, just a part refund and then the order arrived and i was missing something....i looked and realized tgevrefund was the cost of the missing item

The partial refund was (I think, I hope) for a static grass set which was also missing. But, like you I have no note, email or anything telling me what is really was for...

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2018, 08:33:22 PM »
I got the same partial refund, partial fulfillment, and zero communication back in September from whoever is running J&M. Seems to be the pattern.

Guess it's back to ordering Warlord and Renedra stuff directly from the UK, budgeting for the generally higher S&H, and having to suck up the occasional Canada Customs fee.

Unless someone can recommend a Canadian web-store with a roughly equivalent stock of Renedra, Warlord, 4Ground, and other UK companies?

Offline Sir Barnaby Hammond-Rye

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2018, 03:28:46 PM »
I have gotten stuff via North Bay Games & Hobbies with no issues. Not sure if he has email at work so that might be split between evening and morning for that, but you can always call the store during business hours - which I think are on his website.

Or book a fishing holiday to the area and drop in while there.  lol

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2018, 02:02:04 AM »
Guess it's back to ordering Warlord and Renedra stuff directly from the UK, budgeting for the generally higher S&H, and having to suck up the occasional Canada Customs fee.

Actually it’s usually cheaper to order from Warlord or other UK shops direct. Shipping is free at £20 right now.

And there is no Canada Customs fee; there is no duty on hobby models, only GST - you will occasionally pay a $5 handling fee from Canada Post if they actually bother to collect the GST at all. I get hit once every 20 packages or so...
It’s a beautiful thing, the destruction of words - Orwell, 1984

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2018, 04:34:39 PM »
I got the same partial refund, partial fulfillment, and zero communication back in September from whoever is running J&M. Seems to be the pattern.

Unless someone can recommend a Canadian web-store with a roughly equivalent stock of Renedra, Warlord, 4Ground, and other UK companies?

Meeplemart has it all

Offline Johnno

• Mastermind
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2018, 05:29:15 PM »
Meeplemart has it all

With $9.95 flat rate shipping