Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:47:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689660
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: SMF Game with my child.  (Read 1037 times)

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
  • So many ideas, so little time for games...
SMF Game with my child.
« on: December 12, 2017, 10:14:45 AM »
I had another game with my 8 year old daughter. This time she picked Magneto and Wolverine (her favourites) and I picked Captain America, The Shadow and got Margo Lane in as well (Servitor/ Sidekick). This time we were going to collect 5 Cosmic Gems but no extra rules, just picking them up, race back to the starting line and drop them off, the one with the most at the end of the game would win.

She made some good use of Magneto's Telekinesis (levitating Wolverine up to one on top of a lamp post and absconding with it) but got a bit too cocky and wanted to blast The Shadow to kingdom come. The invisible avenger let off a spine chilling laughter and opened up fire with his twin .45's from nowhere, taking the Master of Magnetism with surprise and downing him (8 Goals vs 2!!!) I allowed her to climb a wall with Wolverine at full speed (he's got his claws after all...) and then it got tense as she made him jump 8" down with the Cosmic Gem. I house ruled that she rolled 4 dice, any Goal rolled would be taken off the 8 Body damage. She fluffed the roll and then sadly failed the KO test with Wolverine. It was a good game, but at the end of the day it's how the dice roll that will decide.

We are slowly building up our confidence in the rules to a full four-a-side. Thank you for an excellent set of rules Scott  :D.

"Who knows what Evil lurks in the heart of men?"
"The Shadow knows!!! Hahahahaha!"

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
    • http://www.four-colorstudios.com/
Re: SMF Game with my child.
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 11:38:45 AM »
Thanks! Tremendous pics!
Scott P.
http://scott-pyle.tumblr.com/
http://www.four-colorstudios.com/

======
"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places."

--Ernest Hemingway

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
  • So many ideas, so little time for games...
Re: SMF Game with my child.
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 12:37:22 PM »
Thanks! Tremendous pics!

Cheers mate. Love the rules and I hope that my daughter will get into the gaming with them. They are easy to use, yet versatile. With four figures a side, the action should rack up several notches. The Shadow and Magneto took a couple of turns trading blows, while Cap and Wolverine mostly rushed around collecting Cosmic Gems. It did help to have a third model, even though she mostly just moved (Magneto took a potshot at her once in a bid to stop her from grabbing a Cosmic Gem but missed).