Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:47:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686604
  • Total Topics: 118111
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: What has happened to Mike Bravo  (Read 9621 times)

Offline S J Donovan

• Scientist
What has happened to Mike Bravo
« on: December 14, 2017, 04:50:21 PM »
I have tried to contact Mike Bravo Miniatures and have had no luck trying to find what happened to an order placed in December 2016.  Are they still in business, the web site is there but the blog has not changed since May 2016? Any ideas???

Offline traveller

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: What has happened to Mike Bravo
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 05:01:59 PM »
Try contacting them on facebook. I had a similar problem but got a refund

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 07:42:59 PM »
S J Donovan

I am in the same boat as you.
Ordered stuff almost a year ago.
Nothing from them.
They did see a post at this forum and sent me an email,
asking if I still wanted my order.
Emailed them back, saying yes.
Also have emailed them after that, no reply. >:(
Also I don't do Facebook, that way is out.
Guess I am out of luck. :-[
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline bergschotten

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 09:42:04 PM »
Hi

Had not thought about the absence until it was mentioned just checked the FB page and this was posted on the 11th of October.

Back from the dead! After a torrid two months of too many hospital visits and Real Life rubbish, we are back in business. General apology for the limited to no comms. Will take me a few days to catch up on comms and new/overdue/missing orders. Bear with us... expect a "sorry we've been crap" sale in November and some retrospective discounts for those messed around. SORRY.[/i]

Don't know if this helps.

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
    • Sally 4th Wargames Terrain & Figure Storage
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 11:13:56 AM »
I've been trying to catch up with Dan for about three months, as we are the 'Mike Bravo Show Stockists' and are running a Wild Geese Kick starter at the moment. I'd got no reply and could not work out what was going on, until today when I saw on Face Book that Mr & Mrs Meadon-Bower have been busy with a new miniature, Clara-Rose, who looks like she has arrived a little early. So, I guess Dan has been a little pre-occupied with  real life, and will be back in hobby / Mike Bravo mode some time in 2018.

Best wishes to the all!
Chris Abbey
Www.sally4th.co.uk

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2017, 01:24:29 AM »
I've been putting off ordering some of those IDF for a while now. Hopefully things work out. I suppose I'll leave things till after the Christmas period to avoid any of the current bother, and well hope whatever issues they've had are worked out.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2018, 11:14:19 PM »
Yeah, what's up. :P

To follow on from the last post which I made in this thread: I placed an order, but going on 3 months later haven't had any contact from them. One month ago they refunded me the shipping costs I guess. However six or seven emails, and Facebook messages haven't received any response at all.

Edit:

As I type this someone's alluded to them addressing this issue. Evidently they're not responding through the usual channels, but if you have issues this is how to contact them: sortItOutMBM@gmail.com.

https://www.mikebravominiatures.co.uk/pages/sorry

Offline Juan

• Mad Scientist
    • Manche´s Walpurgisnacht
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2018, 06:53:18 PM »
This is a very good new, I think. At last we know they are working in our orders...

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2018, 09:38:45 AM »
Since my last post, not much seems to have changed - so I'd hazard against anyone placing orders at the moment.

I can understand that they're a small company, and are working in their own time, but ah, I think I'm onto like a dozen emails / Facebook messages at this point with no response (though still holding out without putting in that PayPal refund request > as I look at that only year long outstanding order from DieWaffenkammer). :/

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2018, 01:05:37 PM »
Any one heard anything from Dan / Mike Bravo? We're still interested in getting a restock, but nothing heard yet.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2018, 01:53:52 PM »
I was periodically sending them emails for the past six months without a single response. The only life which I've seen out of the company since December was them posting in March that they were having issues. My last email at the start of May was essentially asking them if they were still in business, which again wasn't responded to. If you check their Facebook page you'll see me posting asking them what's been going on a few times (and they haven't read any of my Facebook messages as far as I can tell).

If you want a log...

Ordered: Mike Bravo Miniatures - 27/12/17 - 21 day lead time on casting -
contacted 22/01/18 - n/a
contacted 28/01/2018 - n/a
contacted 22/02/2018 - n/a
contacted 03/03/2018 (2 emails sent + Facebook) - n/a
contacted 05/03/2018 (admitted to issues in a pinned Facebook post - told to email new address) - FB post said things would be fixed by March 1st - n/a
contacted 14/03/2018 (email + Facebook) - n/a
contacted 04/05/2018 (email) n/a

...Because with some companies ordering can be so bad that I've actually started to log every order and contact made just in case things take longer than they should to be resolved (Die Waffenkammer has a similarly long list, and I've given up on that one showing up after 10 months of waiting).

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2018, 08:51:31 PM »
Made an Order, Never got my stuff. Parts of the money came back, but not all. It was not so much, so to much trouble to get the rest or the stuff. Between the mails always a lot of time for answers. Terrible service and strange behavior.
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2018, 09:16:32 PM »
Sounds like Mike Bravo has done a Foxtrot Oscar ;)

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2018, 10:28:49 PM »
It is a great shame, we made an extensive set of terrain to go with his Wild Geese Miniatures and can not get any more figures to go with it. After many, many emails and Facebook messages, I got one reply in February promising he would be back in business in March, but since then nothing. We offered to arrange casting and order fulfillment and pay him royalties or buy the molds off him, but he was not interested in either option. I do hope he bounces back at some point as he had some great miniatures.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2018, 02:53:40 AM »
It is all rather odd. I ordered from Mike very early in the piece. He was quite pleasant to deal with. Some of the stuff I pre-ordered couldn't be provided so he gave me a refund.  He actually offered store credit or the refund but decided it was fairer to refund me my dosh and he was even decent enough to note changes in the exchange rate.

The minis themselves are a bit ho-hum. Some are quite serviceable and some only a mother could love but that's down to the sculptor. I had intended to buy a few more for niche projects but it looks like his business has gone tits up. Pity.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo