Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:54:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686649
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 788
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 15mm Ancient British "Panzer Division" in ADLG Action on Madaxeman  (Read 1945 times)

Offline madaxeman

• Scientist
    • Madaxeman.com
That well-known Barkeresque wargaming trope, the Ancient British Panzer Division, gets a surprise but strangely welcome outing in these three L'Art de la Guerre game writeups.

This is your chance to imagine you can hear the rumble of 32 separate wheels from Essex, Old Glory, Corvis Belli and - I think - Magister Miltum as the 15mm British Catuvellauni tribesmen race across the tabletop against various historical contemporaries.

Those of you who have seen previous postings will be pleased to know that they are now in a new wider-screen format with bigger pictures. The three opposing army lists are also referenced and included.

Trust me - these reports are wheely, wheely good (and the army does actually play out under ADLG in a way which "feels right" as well!).
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 01:32:44 PM by madaxeman »
Web: Madaxeman.com
On Twitter: twitter.com
On Facebook:  facebook.com
Devon holiday?: The Captains Cottage Brixham

Offline Arundel

• Mastermind
  • Galloping Outward Into the Weather!
Re: 15mm Ancient British "Panzer Division" in ADLG Action on Madaxeman
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 03:10:56 PM »
This is great fun, Madaxeman. Do I spy a 28mm "hero" in amongst those little fellows? Do you have a link for a full report? Thank you for sharing!

Offline madaxeman

• Scientist
    • Madaxeman.com
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 01:30:56 PM »
This is great fun, Madaxeman. Do I spy a 28mm "hero" in amongst those little fellows? Do you have a link for a full report? Thank you for sharing!

The links are embedded in the text - although looking at it, I'm not sure this forums default formatting highlights embedded links - Ive tweaked it now, but anyway here you go: http://www.madaxeman.com/reports/CLWC_Winter_2017_1.php

Yep, there is a 28mm figure I use as a "Strategist" commander. From memory he may be from Magister Militum, as they sell some nice single figures in 28mm.  I often look to use a 28mm figure for "Great" commanders as it makes them stand out a little more - and they are just markers after all in this and other sets. There are a few more here: http://www.madaxeman.com/main/28mm_generals_for_fog.php

« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 01:33:04 PM by madaxeman »

Offline Arundel

• Mastermind
  • Galloping Outward Into the Weather!
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 02:27:30 PM »
Sorry I missed the embedded links the first time round. That's a great report of a fun looking game. I love your use of the bigger figures for command elements!

Offline Highlandbevan

• Assistant
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 09:42:51 AM »
I always enjoy reading your reports - they used to get me through a 1 1/2 hour commute each way every day.

Also good to find that "fun" armies like a swarm of chariots have realistic chances in competitions with ADLG. Although now everyone has seen it it might be harder next time...

Offline madaxeman

• Scientist
    • Madaxeman.com
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 10:01:43 PM »
I always enjoy reading your reports - they used to get me through a 1 1/2 hour commute each way every day.

Also good to find that "fun" armies like a swarm of chariots have realistic chances in competitions with ADLG. Although now everyone has seen it it might be harder next time...

The general consensus seems to be that there are very few non-viable armies in ADLG - almost everything has a chance.. especially if it has the element of surprise!