Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:24:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690824
  • Total Topics: 118354
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 753
Total: 758

Recent

Author Topic: Zombie Plasticville project start  (Read 3932 times)

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Zombie Plasticville project start
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2017, 01:42:14 AM »
Manchu, great work.

Vodkafan, I'm still out here working on my projects.  I haven't posted my Spaceport Gallery yet because I'm looking a joining a new web posting service.  Hope to have that all worked out soon.  An even more important and wonderful distraction past, present and future is that we have been preparing for the arrival of our new granddaughter.  She was born on Monday, and we are seriously happy people.  Richard 

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2018, 03:29:12 PM »
Finally got my new website up.  I've added a Weekly Workbench section, and if you scroll down to "A Look Back... October 27" you will see pictures of the buildings for my post apoc desert community... buildings and trailers.  Most of them are Plasticville and K-Line.  Two are from the first Cars Movie (Flo's V8 Cafe and the curio shop), and some of the trailers are swap meet finds and from Michael's Arts and Crafts.  The website address is still www.warin15mm.com

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2018, 06:29:14 AM »
New website book marked!  First perusal was the Aztec collection.  My response?:

Wizard.

Really like the new website.  Sounds like you got bit by the photo-bucket debacle.  What a great recovery.

I shall be back many times to check out your stuff (both the familiar and the unfamiliar).

You must be the single most prolific miniatures modeler on the planet (well, not counting the folks in the business - but maybe them, too).

And congratulations on the new little photographer!   ;)  Who knows, maybe she'll grow up and want to play with grandpappy's toys.

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2018, 03:16:56 PM »
FifteensAway, thank you for the congratulations on my new granddaughter... she's wonderful grandpa said with complete objectivity.  Glad you enjoyed the new website.  I'm much happier with it than the previous... should have made the change long ago.  Couple questions for you.  Are you doing a post apoc thing in 15mm/18mm or is this just viewing for the pure enjoyment of seeing what others are doing?  I find that a dangerous thing on LAF... too easy to get caught by another miniatures bug when I'm looking at the great work of the members here.  Second question is off topic (topic being zombies etc), how is you Boxer Rebellion project coming?  I think it's my next project; starting around April.  Thanks again for the kinds words.  Always good to here from you.  Richard

Offline Oldben1

• Mastermind
    • My Terrain Projects
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2018, 06:35:04 PM »
Man I love Plasticville, who've done a man's job sir!

Someone should cast up abd sell the windows and doors.  They are so distinctive!

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2018, 03:02:23 AM »
Richard,

Just checking out what you were up to, no real personal interest in post-apocness.  Love following your work.  

On the Indian Mutiny front, waiting to recoup the budget for one more order before starting painting the buildings and figures (have one gun still to oder).  Basically, once this order is done, I'm done collecting figures (unless a few other items I'd like become available).  Not to worry, I've thousands (tens of thousands?) of figures to paint still so I'll be busy for a long time to come.

Grandpa pride is sort of required, I think.  And then there is the 'revenge' factor - spoil her rotten and then send her home with Mama with a gentle reminder of 'remember when you'...  Okay, just kidding.  Unless... :D

Okay, I've been getting tempted lately with a return to the Seven Years War.  BUT! I have my mostly painted French and Indian War figures and my ridiculously large AWI collection that is in process to satisfy my tricorneeing urges.  More tempting would be German East Africa and Lancashire Games is releasing figures in my scale - but I will keep it pretty small if I cave to that temptation one day.

Take care and keep enjoying what you've been regaling us all with, we enjoy - A LOT!  ;)

(Revisited your spectacular Africa collection with over 100 animals in it.  My own collection is now above 728 animal figures and I'm back painting them as my side project while working on other projects - including 96 African Cape Buffalo that I had custom sculpted for me, 7 living poses, 1 dead pose, as the largest herd.  And I have lots of herds of different species - though, alas, settling for using pronghorn antelope models for various African gazelles and such, but workable until something better presents itself, ditto horses and mules for zebras.  As you know as well as anyone, ingenuity gets us to our goals.)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 06:44:09 AM by FifteensAway »

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2018, 03:04:54 PM »
FifteensAway, Africa can really get ahold of you.  I'm having a really great time with the crazy world of post apoc, but despite the fact that I finished Africa (probably a couple years back), last weekend I saw a really nice elephant a the swap meet for fifty cents and I just couldn't resist it, and probably will never get it painted, but the animals are harder and harder to find at the swap these days and the old habit are hard to break.  I was surprised to hear you mention Indian Mutiny.  For a long time I was hoping that Blue Moon would do it in 15mm/18mm but for me the time has passed... too many projects lined up and waiting to bring a new one onboard.  Thumbs up for grandpa pride.  Be well.  Richard

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2018, 06:34:59 PM »
Oops, my mistake, should have said Boxer Rebellion!   lol   But I do have a very large number of Indian Mutiny figures - some even painted, like most of the elephants (21 painted so far).  Did I say 'large'?  A few others mixed in for the 'civilian' portion of my Indian Mutiny collection still to plant.  I believe Richard and I are kindred spirits in placing our collections in the 'whole' world, not just the battlefield.

And for those going agog at 21 elephants - these are in 15 mm!   So, only slightly crazy.  For my Africa plains I have 48 elephants, 39 already painted, plus 12 more Indian elephants that I can mix in if I like, the 21 are primed and in process (9+12[39+9=48]). 

I wonder how such a large collection of animals would work in a post-apocalyptic setting?  Hmm.  Not starting any wars here, but I believe the whole post-apocalyptic canon has it all wrong, blame it on Mad Max, likely.  Or some piece of fiction in the dim yesteryears.  But too far down the road for most to change streams now, so play away and have fun.

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2018, 07:40:12 PM »
I agree, by which I mean I think my military collections are greatly enhanced by the "not just the battlefield" elements of those collection.

Hope you will post pictures of your work on your Boxer Rebellion collection as it moves forward... as I indicated early, I hope to get started on mine in April.

Now you have me thinking "zombie elephants."  It's all fun.

Offline scouts19508

• Bookworm
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2018, 09:59:37 PM »
Bloodaxe go to skankgame.com and look in the gallery for zombietown. They have a whole lot of plasticville models painted up and with Interiors.

Jim

Offline clanmac

• Mad Scientist
  • Danger - Stupid and Industrious
    • Clan Mac's Post Apocalyptia
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2018, 12:48:31 PM »
That's a great find Bloodaxe. I love Plasticville. They have a great retro feel which really suits anything vaguely Fallout-y. Dead easy to paint too.

I have a couple of their shops done and I a bundle of stuff including some of the same houses. Looking forward to seeing how yours turn out.

Mac

It's not big, or clever, but let's do it anyway

https://www.facebook.com/Junkt0wn/

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2018, 08:24:03 PM »
Really nice work.

Offline Oldben1

• Mastermind
    • My Terrain Projects
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2018, 06:11:55 PM »
Great work, I really like the hearse/nuclear clean up van.

Offline tjantzen

• Bookworm
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2018, 01:11:01 PM »
Really nice work  :)

Here is a link to an old posting of me, where I have kit-bashed plasticville parts into houses.
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=42856.msg499809#msg499809

And for painting - I used Modelmates weathering sprays with quite good results
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=37980.0

best regards
Thomas

Offline kalebdaark

• Bookworm
    • Warlords of the Wasteland
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2018, 08:04:33 PM »
I love old plasticville buildings.    Their scale consistency between models is a bit iffy, but nothing that can't be dealt with.  "Roughly" 28mm   They paint well and best of all they're DURABLE.

Here are a couple of more links that show their potential:

http://skankgame.com/zombietown.html

http://skankgame.com/chuckspage.html

Enjoy!   (Links have pics and painting/modelling instructions)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 08:06:24 PM by kalebdaark »