Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:27:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Super Mission Force is great  (Read 4356 times)

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
    • http://www.four-colorstudios.com/
Re: Super Mission Force is great
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2018, 01:12:31 PM »
I just ordered a copy of SMF, having been tempted by the many great threads here.

What table size is the game designed for? Can you scale the game to smaller or larger tables with lower point values?

First, thank you for ordering!  :)

I wrote the game for 28mm, playing on a 3' x 3' or 4' x 4' area. I think 3' x 3' works best for standard 4 character per side match-ups.

Remember, there are no points costs on in the game, but if you choose more than four models per side, you may want more room for them to maneuver about. That said, unless you have a Speedster or a flying model, it will take characters a turn or two to come to blows if you start on a 4' x 4' with standard edge deployment.

Of course, you can play or create scenarios with different deployment zones.

Let us know if you have  any other questions.

Thanks, again!
Scott P.
http://scott-pyle.tumblr.com/
http://www.four-colorstudios.com/

======
"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places."

--Ernest Hemingway

Offline Bob Hume

• Bookworm
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2018, 04:05:04 PM »
I usually have six or more players. We play on a 4 x 6 foot table. We each start at different parts of the table edge. It usually causes multiple fights on different sections of table. Last game we put all of the bad guys in  the middle and had the hero's enter from different parts of the edge. Still broke down to a big fight in the middle and two smaller fights on each side. Big fun it was. The bad guys kicked butt....
I will destroy your puny planet with my Alludium Pew 36 Explosive Space Modulator.

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
    • http://www.four-colorstudios.com/
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2018, 01:51:51 PM »
I usually have six or more players. We play on a 4 x 6 foot table. We each start at different parts of the table edge. It usually causes multiple fights on different sections of table. Last game we put all of the bad guys in  the middle and had the hero's enter from different parts of the edge. Still broke down to a big fight in the middle and two smaller fights on each side. Big fun it was. The bad guys kicked butt....

This is excellent feedback! With a game featuring that many players and models, 4' x 6' works out nicely. Not so crowded then. Also, if you have a character with the Teleport power, he can really get around, and move others with him if he's willing to risk having to recharge.

Offline chrach7

• Schoolboy
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2018, 09:07:00 PM »
I have to agree that SMF is a blast- played it twice with my son and we had a great time.

Also, thanks to Weasel-Fierce for the great cards. I am a casual superhero fan so it's nice when someone more knowledgeable does the cards. Just one wish- keep making those great cards but with some villains :D

Offline grendal

• Bookworm
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2018, 10:43:57 PM »
the old game "Monsterpocaplyse" had dice that work perfect for goalsystem games.