Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:17:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Chechyna war 28mm massive battle  (Read 1952 times)

Offline cuprum

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The East is a delicate matter!
    • Studio "Siberia"
Re: Chechyna war 28mm massive battle
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2017, 12:13:04 PM »
Lowtardog

I'm not an expert on the Chechen wars, but I had several friends there and according to their stories I can figure out what the federal troops were then. Then there was such a mess in the country and the army that only consolidated companies could be sent to the war, which could be separated from the regiments, and where the soldiers were not even previously acquainted with each other. All private soldiers it was 18-to-19-year-old boys, sometimes only two or three months ago drafted into the army. Discipline was also at a very low level. This army is difficult to call regular...
For the better, professional military units (GRU special forces in etc.) and militia (police) units of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, staffed by professional and well-trained employees (OMON) differed.
Also among the officers of the federal army of all ranks corruption was widespread. The Chechens had the opportunity to buy any information, bought weapons and supplies from the stores of the federal forces.

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2017, 12:16:56 PM »
I'm not an expert on the Chechen wars, but I had several friends there and according to their stories I can figure out what the federal troops were then. Then there was such a mess in the country and the army that only consolidated companies could be sent to the war, which could be separated from the regiments, and where the soldiers were not even previously acquainted with each other. All private soldiers it was 18-to-19-year-old boys, sometimes only two or three months ago drafted into the army. Discipline was also at a very low level. This army is difficult to call regular...
For the better, professional military units (GRU special forces in etc.) and militia (police) units of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, staffed by professional and well-trained employees (OMON) differed.
Also among the officers of the federal army of all ranks corruption was widespread. The Chechens had the opportunity to buy any information, bought weapons and supplies from the stores of the federal forces.

Absolutely it does from the little reading I have done so far seem to have been horrendous for the participants.

Offline cuprum

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The East is a delicate matter!
    • Studio "Siberia"
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2017, 12:19:16 PM »
Certainly. Especially for the civilian population of all nationalities.

Offline nevermore

• Mastermind
    • http://www.victorian-steel.com/
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2017, 12:53:39 PM »
Correct about the above, in fact we even put all this into the rules...you can get a great book called "Fangs of the lone wolf" and very cheap on Kindle...this gives you a great insight of the tactics of low level-level guerrilla's perspective.It covers fighting in the cities of Grozny and Argun and a number of small villages, the book is crisp and has accurate colour maps, it is a must have for any wargamer.
The Victorian Outpost

Its a new gaming place in Grimsby with new terrain and new scenery, lots of respect for all wargamers and is the best place to game in town.

Anybody who wishes to visit the venue to arrange a game then  just pm me and lets roll those dice.

http://www.victorian-steel.co