Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:05:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689806
  • Total Topics: 118296
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Not All Blood Runs Red Miniature preview  (Read 2169 times)

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
Not All Blood Runs Red Miniature preview
« on: December 21, 2017, 03:44:57 AM »
It's been quite a while since I have been on Lead Adventure. But I have been using the time to work on a new Word War 1 game and the plan is to go to kickstarter with the rules in February of next year. I'll be sharing some things that we're working on and shots of some of the playtest games we've had.

If you are interested in commenting on the rules or seeing our newest updates first, you can join the Facebook group for Not All Blood Runs Red. Though, I will try and post regularly on here.

In the meantime, here's a couple of renders for miniatures being produced for the Kickstarter.

Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline Metternich

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Not All Blood Runs Red Miniature preview
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 09:56:20 PM »
Interesting Weird War 1.  Vampires ? 

Offline Inkpaduta

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 11:13:51 PM »
Yes, tells us more...you have my interest.

Offline leonmallett

• Mastermind
    • Kitbash Games
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2017, 09:31:24 AM »
They do look interesting - what is the 1-line high concept pitch for this? :)
Kitbash Games' web-page: http://www.kitbashgames.co.uk/

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2017, 04:08:22 PM »
Straight from our website

Not All Blood Runs Red is a set of Alternate World War 1 rules. In this world, portals between our plane and alternate planes have been opened allowing creatures from myth and fable to crossover and join the battles of the Great War. But other planes have also taken notice—planes of unspeakable horror. And they hate life and order. They seek to destroy our world and add it to their own darkness.

• The rules are highly character/creature driven, with units acting as support for them. Each player controls a small force with secret objectives. Players battle each other and the eldritch horrors that wold destroy them both.
  • Characters and units can be customized with add-on cards.
  • Battle Casters are needed by all players to fling magic about the battlefield and to close portals and stop the flood of darkness.
  • Scenario cards provide unexpected advantages or drop horrifying creatures onto the battlefield.
  • As characters and units take wounds, their ability to attack or defend diminishes.

And if you are interested in looking at the demo rules, you can download them here. A new version will be going up after the holidays,
 but mostly cosmetic changes to it.https://rattrap-productions.com/collections/rattrap-miniatures-games/products/not-all-blood-runs-red-demo-rules

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2017, 05:53:24 AM »
Started painting one of the masters. Not nearly done, but one of the best faces I have ever painted.

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2017, 06:26:03 PM »
Started painting one of the masters. Not nearly done, but one of the best faces I have ever painted.

Nice, hope it will bring some more figures in 2018
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2017, 04:35:01 AM »
Nice, hope it will bring some more figures in 2018

That is the plan. Four miniatures already commissioned and being cast for the Kickstarter. If the launch goes well enough, then more will be added.

Right now I'm looking for a European partner so I can offer EU/UK friendly shipping.

Offline ErikB

• Mastermind
  • Sometimes I feel like Schroedinger's Cat
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2018, 09:19:43 PM »
Cool.  I like the idea.

I can see special anti-undead groups, almost like 40K Inquisitors, recruiting a platoon or company of regular soldiers, so there's a character-driven small group model for the game (just Capt. So-and-So) and a larger game with the attached regulars.  Perhaps the Einsatz/Special/Kommando troops would have to kill their surviving allies so the word about their fallen battle brothers coming back as zombies doesn't get out....

I always liked the Vampire Hunters wearing army uniforms (Artizan makes some, I think).  I'd love to see WWI, especially with the iconic Imperial German Pickelhaube.  The black with gold trim would look nice for the living characters and especially creepy on the undead.

Could I make a tiny request?  Please don't make the minis flat, like the Brit with the sword appears.  Or, at least, make the metal soft enough that the arms can be bent so it does not appear to be stamped out. 

I hope all that makes sense.

I can't wait to see more of this idea.   :) :) :)

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2018, 09:23:04 PM »
Could I make a tiny request?  Please don't make the minis flat, like the Brit with the sword appears.  Or, at least, make the metal soft enough that the arms can be bent so it does not appear to be stamped out. 

Figures are all resin cast. You'll be able to cut, bend and convert to your heart's content.

Offline ErikB

• Mastermind
  • Sometimes I feel like Schroedinger's Cat
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2018, 09:41:12 PM »
Cool!

I love the image of Prussians (Imperial Germans) with that metallic trim, both silver chain coifs and the gold trim on the Hauben.  Add to their historical weapons those magic items and the red trim on the historical uniforms and we'll have some really nice looking minis!

As for the more muted Brits and Americans, I can see some cool object-source-lighting from a magical item shining on those uniforms.  It would be a totally different effect and would looks just as cool.

There was an old animated movie called Heavy Metal from the 1980s.  There was a scene where an American bomber crew member parachutes onto a creepy island filled with derelict aircraft.  Eventually, undead pilots come after him. 

I know it's the wrong period but it may give you some inspiration if you can find the movie on YouTube or something.

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2018, 09:57:55 PM »
There was an old animated movie called Heavy Metal from the 1980s.  There was a scene where an American bomber crew member parachutes onto a creepy island filled with derelict aircraft.  Eventually, undead pilots come after him. 

One of my favorite movies of the '80s. I know the scene you are talking about. It inspired this art...