Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:08:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Help Finding Appropriate Terrain  (Read 3320 times)

Offline spect_spidey

• Scientist
Re: Help Finding Appropriate Terrain
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2017, 10:21:30 PM »
What kind of terrain is it your looking for ? is it building market place stuff ?
this is for a building, http://wargamesbuildings.co.uk/epages/950003459.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/950003459/Products/MUDBH

Market stalls, http://wargamesbuildings.co.uk/epages/950003459.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/950003459/Products/SFEX5

There are sites that do these type of thing on your side of the pond as well :) if you narrow down the things you need I'm sure the lads on here will help you out with them.

These are examples of the type of items I am looking for. I would definitely consider getting that building, but it appears that is the only style they make. The stalls are interesting.

Offline spect_spidey

• Scientist
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2017, 10:33:39 PM »
I'd also suggest checking out Crescent Root -- http://crescent-root.com/pages/Product/28mm/28mm_series1/28mm_series1.html

Note -- Although I have wanted to get some of their stuff, I don't actually own any of it yet.

Anyhoo, it looks good and I believe they are US based. It is worth a look......

I had forgotten about Crescent Root. They are a definite possibility. I just wish that there was a cheaper entry point for them to try out their stuff. I may bite the bullet though and get either the $60 or $70 series 1 sets.

Who makes the buildings that are in the Pulp Alley Scenario 2 videos?

Offline Dangerboy

• Bookworm
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2017, 02:14:40 AM »
Pretty sure all of those were hand made by Dave and Mila. There used to be photos in this thread:

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=15132.0

...but they all got eaten by Photobucket. Maybe some attention might encourage a re-upload?

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
    • Sally 4th Wargames Terrain & Figure Storage
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2017, 11:16:04 AM »
Chris Abbey
Www.sally4th.co.uk

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2017, 02:09:44 PM »
Some of the buildings are from the Old Glory Chicago range, they're reasonably priced especially if you splash out on the Army Membership and get 40% off your purchases for a year:

https://www.oldglory25s.com/index.php?cat_id=809&catname='25mm Chicago Gangster Buildings'
'I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.'

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2017, 07:36:10 PM »
... Who makes the buildings that are in the Pulp Alley Scenario 2 videos?

Yup, those are all handmade by my daughter and me.

Offline spect_spidey

• Scientist
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2017, 07:44:56 PM »
Yup, those are all handmade by my daughter and me.

Nice! I thought they were some purchased resin pieces. Might I ask what you made them from.

Offline Manchu

• Mad Scientist
    • Life on Jasoom?
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2017, 08:09:45 AM »
Just FYI: separate from shipping and handling charges, I got a customs bill as a result of Sally 4th using, directly or indirectly, DHL. This was a particularly nasty shock as I had never before and have never since been charged for import duty when ordering from any other miniatures gaming related UK business (which is in all senses the norm).

Offline Panama

• Scientist
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2017, 09:28:39 AM »
Just FYI: separate from shipping and handling charges, I got a customs bill as a result of Sally 4th using, directly or indirectly, DHL. This was a particularly nasty shock as I had never before and have never since been charged for import duty when ordering from any other miniatures gaming related UK business (which is in all senses the norm).

I've heard of this happening both ways across the pond, it just seems to be down to luck one way or the other.

Offline Manchu

• Mad Scientist
    • Life on Jasoom?
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2017, 09:31:00 AM »
No, I wouldn't say it's luck. It was the specific courier.

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2017, 01:14:19 PM »
Just FYI: separate from shipping and handling charges, I got a customs bill as a result of Sally 4th using, directly or indirectly, DHL.

Beware the Couriers!!! I always try to use the national carriers such as USPS, Royal Mail, Canada Post.  If you use DHL, FedEx or UPS, and the package has to cross a border, prepare to the charged big time over and above the shipping you paid to the sender.

Offline spect_spidey

• Scientist
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2017, 03:28:15 PM »
Thanks for the heads up on the extra customs fees! Yet another reason to find a U.S. based terrain seller. Small sets of miniatures do not worry me when ordering overseas as they can easily be handled by the country's postal service. But I think a huge order of terrain with the weight could result in the use of a special courier and I do not want any unexpected charges.

For now, I think I am going to make an order with Crescent Root. The reviews on them I have seen were all positive. They are U.S. based. The buildings in series 1 are perfect for what I am after. They easily disassemble for storage. They are pre-painted. What else can I say? I will probably start off with one of the three building sets.

Now I just need to decide on what I am going to order from the Pulp Alley store. Decisions, decisions. 

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2018, 07:18:59 PM »
Sorry for I've not replying sooner (Christmas and the like).

I'd recommend Crescent root if in the US. Not so much for the Uk. Not just for the shipping issues and costs already mentioned. More for the lack of care in packing.

I have the station set(in the Uk) .Mine arrived with no internal packaging only a couple of snap fast bags for the market stall items.everything else was left to knock and rub its merry way across the pond( judging by the amount of texture/sand at the bottom of the box. Quite successfully).
That said still a great set looks good (and I'm picky ) do wonder what it looked like when it went into the box though😄.I will eventually brave it and order the large building with dome once I'm flush(or barter on the next Us commission 😉).

The station set gets used for just about anything,It's been an air field ,a trading post, and today a island waterfront.(oddly enough I don't think its been used as a railway station yet.)

Mark.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2018, 07:19:52 PM »
Beware the Couriers!!! I always try to use the national carriers such as USPS, Royal Mail, Canada Post.  If you use DHL, FedEx or UPS, and the package has to cross a border, prepare to the charged big time over and above the shipping you paid to the sender.

This this this!

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline spect_spidey

• Scientist
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2018, 07:43:04 PM »
Sorry for I've not replying sooner (Christmas and the like).

I'd recommend Crescent root if in the US. Not so much for the Uk. Not just for the shipping issues and costs already mentioned. More for the lack of care in packing.

I have the station set(in the Uk) .Mine arrived with no internal packaging only a couple of snap fast bags for the market stall items.everything else was left to knock and rub its merry way across the pond( judging by the amount of texture/sand at the bottom of the box. Quite successfully).
That said still a great set looks good (and I'm picky ) do wonder what it looked like when it went into the box though😄.I will eventually brave it and order the large building with dome once I'm flush(or barter on the next Us commission 😉).

The station set gets used for just about anything,It's been an air field ,a trading post, and today a island waterfront.(oddly enough I don't think its been used as a railway station yet.)

Mark.

I must say those do look really good. I am still considering an order with them. I currently have several of the Plastcraft Saga Coloured Desert buildings. They look descent and are cheap. The size is pretty good for Pulp Alley sized miniatures, but they seem a little small for my Dust Tactics figures. I am leery of having building of different scales within the same theme. I just can't decide whether to buy the Crescent Root buildings or use that money on another aspect of the hobby. LOL