Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:00:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New Wave Necromunda - Cawdor Gang 30/04/20  (Read 6428 times)

Online Exiledadmiral

• Scientist
New Wave Necromunda - Cawdor Gang 30/04/20
« on: December 22, 2017, 11:08:08 PM »
Heyup all, I'm going to use this thread for my Necromunda miniatures as and when I paint them. I'm getting Underhive for Christmas so should have some updates on the new year.
In the meantime I got the Gor Half-Horn miniature at the Warhammer World open day the other month and he's been sat on my painting desk looking intimidating ever since. I finally got round to putting some paint on him and I'm pleasantly surprised with the results! I tried a bit of blending on the armour plates, which I definitely could have gone brighter with on reflection, and did some battle damage that i was pretty pleased with.

A couple more angles in the album https://imgur.com/a/uBRlC

I'm probably going to focus on the Escher when I get the boxed set. Not entirely sure whether to bother with the Goliaths or just sell them cheap and get the Orlocks when they come out, time will tell!

« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 02:30:47 PM by Exiledadmiral »

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
Re: New Wave Necromunda - Gor Half-Horn
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 10:07:58 AM »
Is there a beastman gang in Munda now?!

It looks well painted!
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline Wachaza

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2017, 10:10:48 AM »
Is there a beastman gang in Munda now?!

It's a hired gun mercenary character addable to any gang.

I wasn't sure about the albino paint job but it looks really good.

Offline Dr DeAth

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Little Lead Men
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2017, 10:18:54 AM »
That's some very nice brushwork there
Photos of my recent efforts are at www.littleleadmen.com and https://beaverlickfalls.blogspot.com

Offline axiom

• Mastermind
    • My blog: Magpie and old lead
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2017, 11:06:19 AM »
Very cool! The white pelt and bashed up gear really works a treat

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2017, 02:18:20 PM »
Nice job on a lovely sculpt.  Still, I feel a need to rant...bloody beastmen in the canonical 40K setting but the Squats are still extinct?  If there's a Chaos god of raw hatred for revisionist game companies, I'm all in for that cult.

Online Exiledadmiral

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2017, 07:04:21 PM »
Thanks for the comments! White fur is the first thing I pictured when i thought goats, pleased with how it turned out.

Nice job on a lovely sculpt.  Still, I feel a need to rant...bloody beastmen in the canonical 40K setting but the Squats are still extinct?  If there's a Chaos god of raw hatred for revisionist game companies, I'm all in for that cult.

Haha it does seem unfair on the little guys. A hired gun squat would be incredible, but I'm guessing there's zero chance of that.
My lovely wife has allowed me to open necromunda today because we're with family from tomorrow until the 27th and I've got some Escher assembled. Cool sculpts! Pain in the arse deciding on weapon loadouts though, I think I'm going to go by the rule of cool for ease.

Offline Wachaza

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2017, 08:10:58 PM »
Nice job on a lovely sculpt.  Still, I feel a need to rant...bloody beastmen in the canonical 40K setting but the Squats are still extinct?  If there's a Chaos god of raw hatred for revisionist game companies, I'm all in for that cult.
Squats are in the new Necromunda book, at least in passing, with plenty of room for their addition. Wouldn't be surprised to see a squat ammo tech added.

https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/2557

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2017, 10:01:06 PM »
Awesome painting, and I really do like the sculpt.

Yet, my pledge of Mythic Battles just arrived...so how can I hide buying another big box, place intensive board gamish tabletop wargame from she-who-must-be-obeyed?

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2017, 10:34:16 PM »
He looks awesome! Very nice work!

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2017, 10:50:38 PM »
Squats are in the new Necromunda book, at least in passing, with plenty of room for their addition. Wouldn't be surprised to see a squat ammo tech added.

https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/2557

My rage is only partly abated.  Maybe when they give the Wood Elves back their Zoat allies I'll cool down completely.  :)

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2017, 12:06:35 AM »
My rage is only partly abated.  Maybe when they give the Wood Elves back their Zoat allies I'll cool down completely.  :)

What's to stop you putting anything in the game you want anyway? If you want squats paint some up
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline chickenbane

• Scientist
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2017, 12:20:33 AM »
I didn't really like the model when I saw it in unpainted but you've really sold me on it. Nice job.
Paraquat Welcomes Careful Drivers a sort of narrative blog.

Slag Valley Bullett in the grim darkness of the far future, there is a newspaper.

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2017, 12:39:04 AM »
What's to stop you putting anything in the game you want anyway? If you want squats paint some up

That old line.  Let's see:  No new actual Squat minis in decades.  Secondary source ones are hit-or-miss in terms of matching the old aesthetics, plus I really don't like rewarding people for copying IPs from an active company even when that company isn't using it.  Most 40K players locally lean toward using 8th edition tournament format rules, where Squats are unsupported (and no, I don't want to play them as "counts as" models - that's always sucked). And outside of maybe Sisters of Battle, I can't think of a range of figs I'd like to see done in modern GW plastics than the Squats.

Well, maybe Fimir.

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2017, 11:44:54 AM »
That old line.  Let's see:  No new actual Squat minis in decades.  Secondary source ones are hit-or-miss in terms of matching the old aesthetics, plus I really don't like rewarding people for copying IPs from an active company even when that company isn't using it.  Most 40K players locally lean toward using 8th edition tournament format rules, where Squats are unsupported (and no, I don't want to play them as "counts as" models - that's always sucked). And outside of maybe Sisters of Battle, I can't think of a range of figs I'd like to see done in modern GW plastics than the Squats.

Well, maybe Fimir.

This whole rant ain't got squat to do with the original topic.

Find another bar for your complaints and appraise the hard work of Exiledadmiral here ;)