Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:36:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Dust Tactics/1947 Figure Scale vs. Pulp Alley Miniatures  (Read 2533 times)

Offline spect_spidey

• Scientist
Dust Tactics/1947 Figure Scale vs. Pulp Alley Miniatures
« on: December 24, 2017, 07:15:28 PM »
I have decided to go head long into Pulp Alley. The rules seem fantastic and I love the look/feel of the official miniatures. I plan on purchasing all of the official Pulp Alley miniatures. I was curious if anyone knows how well the infantry/hero miniatures from Dust Tactics/Dust 1947 would scale with the Pulp Alley miniatures. I have a lot of Axis and SSU squads and I figured that they might be of use as villians and gangs to put up against Phantom Ace and the likes. I also think that Major Victory from the Dust line looks like he could fit the bill pretty well for a pulp hero on the table maybe even lead his own league. It also wouldn't hurt if I could use some of the aircraft and terrain from Dust. So does anyone know how well these two lines of minis might work together?

Offline GDonk

• Scientist
Re: Dust Tactics/1947 Figure Scale vs. Pulp Alley Miniatures
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 08:23:22 PM »
Hi there
I have a fair number of Dust miniatures/vehicles and a small mountain of 28mm minis inc a large number of Pulp.  Dust is 1/48, 28mm is vaguely 1/56 so IMHO the two don't sit well together as far as representing standard individuals is concerned,  Dust minis will work with 28mm minis if you want to represent individuals of even more "heroic" proportions.  The terrain and armoured walkers, battle-suits  etc work fine with 28mm although some of the  vehicles are gigantic.  The planes should be fine.
Cheers, G-Donk

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 09:27:43 PM »
I have found them to be fine as "taller" characters if you don't mind mixed heights (I use Copplestone as my baseline for "average" height). Here's a couple of pulp leagues of mine using mixed figures:

Left to right: Copplestone, Hasslefree, Studio McVey, DUST, DUST (both dust figures have headswaps).

Left to right: Copplestone, DUST, Tin Man, Copplestone, Artizan

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline spect_spidey

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 10:50:09 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I wasn't sure how they would work. I know they are bigger than other miniatures I own. They size up pretty good to my Walking Dead All Out War miniatures and those are supposed to be 28mm. The new Reaper Pulp Era Professor seems to size up pretty good to the Dust and Walking Dead minis. So I wasn't sure if the Pulp Alley figures were a similar larger 28mm size. It won't deter me from getting the Pulp Alley minis in any way. It will just mean that I will have to look for some other Germans for adversaries if they are too big.

Offline spect_spidey

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2017, 12:07:46 AM »
I placed my first order for some Pulp Alley miniatures. I ordered Phantom Ace, Pulp Girl, Dr. Fang, Golgo Satana, Ramjeet, and Bosun. I figured that would be a good start. I could split them into two leagues of three. I am excited for them to arrive.  :D