Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:36:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689752
  • Total Topics: 118293
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Post Apocalyptic HOTT Law Army Stronghold  (Read 2290 times)

Offline Terry37

• Scientist
Post Apocalyptic HOTT Law Army Stronghold
« on: December 29, 2017, 02:39:19 AM »
I am slowly working on my Law army Stronghold (think camp) and thought I'd share a WIP photo. It's a 6 MM model on a 60 x 80 MM base, which is my standard base size for a Stronghold and meets the restrictions of the HOTT rules.

The building is a Leveen model, with  some modifications, and the semi trailer and police cruiser are Irregular 6 MM models with modifications. I don't recall who I got the Jersey walls from, but they too are 6 MM. The tires are small wooden beads I got from Australia (you also saw one used on my road Warrior Stronghold partially submerged in the pool of diseased water). The gap between the Jersey wall and the building will be completed using 6 MM scale 4' x 10' sections of corrugated sheet metal, which I'll put up near the very end.

I am enjoying the project and it is proving a fun project to do.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." - Richard Adams

Offline krieghund

• Scientist
  • Beyond all Reason
Re: Post Apocalyptic HOTT Law Army Stronghold
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 04:53:25 PM »
More fantastic work Sir, great stuff.

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 09:29:53 PM »
Nice work (the brickwork in particular).
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline Terry37

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 06:10:52 PM »
Received the custom deals and have applied them tot he Law Garage/Police Station.  Now working on the spot lights, barbed wire and a street light to go on the sidewalk in front of the building. Having to scratch build most of it as this is a 6 MM project.

More to come shortly,

Terry

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 07:08:50 AM »
Wow, cool!

I love small scale stuff, this is amazing!

Offline Terry37

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 03:12:43 AM »
Here is a progress update on the Law Stronghold. I am nearly finished and am closing in on doing so. A few more bits with the entrance barrier being the last thing to make yet. Funny thing, when I made the streetlight, which I copied from the one outside my house, I made it based on research I'd done regarding streetlights being typically between 20 and 25 feet tall. So I originally made it like 23 MM tall, or 23 feet tall. Got it all nice and painted, sprayed on the protective coats and went to mount and in testing the location first I got to thinking - that sure does look tall. So I went back and studied the one out front, and did more research on line about streetlights and voila! The style I was making usually runs 17 to 18 feet tall, or for my model 17-18 MM. The taller ones  at the 20-25 foot height are the more modern looking L shaped streetlights. So, there was nothing for it but to hope I could shorten it and not have to make a new one. Of course I came to this realization at midnight so after several attempts I figured a way to loosen the base, using two pair of pliers and a small hammer!!!, which allowed me to shorten it, and repaint it. Oh yeah and it was by then approaching 2 AM! But I'd not have slept anyway knowing it was wrong!!!

So here is where it is after some work done today, and again closing in on finishing it.

More soon,

Terry

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 07:31:06 AM »
Very nice stronghold, I really like it!

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2018, 09:30:23 PM »
Excellent work, particularly at that scale.
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline Eldiablito

• Lurker
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2018, 03:50:12 AM »
Where did you find these models?  I have a plan to use a factory for a stronghold for a 15mm army too...

Offline Ragsta

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2018, 06:23:29 AM »

He details where he got them from in his first post I do believe - building from Leveen and vehicles from Irregular...

Offline Terry37

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2018, 05:55:23 PM »
Eldiablito, Yes, the building is from Leven, as I love his buildings to work with. The car and semi trailer are from Irregular. Both the building and vehicles are modified and are 6 MM scale. I game in 15 MM, using the HOTT rules, but since the Stronghold is a limited base size, when I can I prefer doing them in 6 MM so I can do more of a little diorama type thing. A lot of what you see is hand made to fit the need. The corrugated steel panels are plastic, bought in large sheets, and the street lamp is handmade. The jersey walls are from Perfect Six, and the tires are wooden beads I got from Australia off Ebay. The barbed wire is from the local hardware store, a section of some kind of rubber coated wire that is multi-strands  - I unravel it and use a single strand which is very fine, wrap it around a form (one of my file handles) and then paint. The street portion is from matting board used in framing prints - I used this because I wanted it to have some texture like roads have. I painted it, added the street markings, then washed it and added the repaired cracks and such. Hope this is helpful and good luck with your project.

Terry