Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:43:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686609
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 649
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Bikers Break Out - And now the Uranium Handoff Version 2  (Read 3367 times)

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: The Bikers Break Out - AAR
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2018, 09:49:01 AM »
There I'm thinking - where's the link?! Then I see you've added the globe logo under your avatar (website link). Nice one!

I hadn't spotted that (didn't even know it existed). He's a tech wizard is old Vagabond.... :D

Doug

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2018, 03:11:59 PM »
Great report on the blog and your usual excellent gaming board. That Big Andy Donovan is all mouth and no trousers, as I know from the Return of the Mabel Street Mob!

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
    • Vagabond's Wargaming Blog
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2018, 12:49:52 AM »
I hadn't spotted that (didn't even know it existed). He's a tech wizard is old Vagabond.... :D

Doug

Who you calling old?  lol  lol

Great report on the blog and your usual excellent gaming board. That Big Andy Donovan is all mouth and no trousers, as I know from the Return of the Mabel Street Mob!

Big Andy looks impressive and he's appeared in quite a lot of my games and survived most of them - usually by running away. It's like they say about climbers, there's old climbers and there's bold climbers but there's no old bold climbers.

There I'm thinking - where's the link?! Then I see you've added the globe logo under your avatar (website link). Nice one!

The post was just a thank you for your advice not a tease to view the blog, although I greatly appreciate you calling by.
Cheers

Offline Vampifan

• Scientist
    • Vampifan's World of the Undead
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2018, 03:35:33 PM »
And everything is Vampifan's blame, I know...  ;)

This is so true!  :D
You wouldn't believe what I get blamed for!  lol lol lol lol lol

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2018, 04:10:38 PM »
This is so true!  :D
You wouldn't believe what I get blamed for!  lol lol lol lol lol

Vampifan, I imagine (or rather not) that being a modern wargaming icon is sometimes a heavy burden to carry!  :D

BTW: looking forward to see the new batreps of your Judge Dredd campaing!  ;)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 04:13:56 PM by dinohunterpoa »
"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsébet Báthory - 1560-1614 (?)

Offline Vampifan

• Scientist
    • Vampifan's World of the Undead
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2018, 11:49:07 PM »
I hope I'm not hijacking this thread but a new JDMG batrep is imminent. YAY!  :D

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2018, 05:57:42 PM »
I hope I'm not hijacking this thread but a new JDMG batrep is imminent. YAY!  :D

DOUBLE YAY!!!  ;)

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2018, 03:53:59 PM »

Vagabond, how come "THE URANIUM HANDOFF" is not featured here at LAF?  :o

Specially with a lovely crew like that!  :-*

IMHO, it's a very inspiring and perfectly cinematic MULP ("Modern Pulp") adventure with a great table and miniatures! So please share it here as well if possible!  ;)

« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 03:56:52 PM by dinohunterpoa »

Offline NickNascati

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2018, 03:59:13 PM »
Vagabond,
                "52 Vincent Black Lightening", one of my favorite tunes from the great Richard Thompson.  Is the character's name coincidence or an intentional homage?

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2018, 09:52:12 PM »
Vagabond,
                "52 Vincent Black Lightening", one of my favorite tunes from the great Richard Thompson.  Is the character's name coincidence or an intentional homage?

Nick well picked up, yes it is a homage, this and Beeswing are two of my all time favourite songs.

Vagabond, how come "THE URANIUM HANDOFF" is not featured here at LAF?  :o

IMHO, it's a very inspiring and perfectly cinematic MULP ("Modern Pulp") adventure with a great table and miniatures! So please share it here as well if possible!  ;)

Dino that's very kind of you to say so, this is an old game with an indifferent outcome and I've tried and not always succeeded to post my most interesting games on LAF. This particular game's outcome didn't suit me and I replayed it with the same parameters and got a different outcome. I enjoyed both games but I'm not sure I would want to inflict them on the LAF membership.

I've always appreciated your encouragement on my posts as I'm sure have a lot of other LAF'ers and so only want to show you the best I can do. I know this is small beer compared to what others do but it's my contribution to this entertaining forum.

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2018, 10:03:12 PM »

Dino that's very kind of you to say so, this is an old game with an indifferent outcome and I've tried and not always succeeded to post my most interesting games on LAF. This particular game's outcome didn't suit me and I replayed it with the same parameters and got a different outcome. I enjoyed both games but I'm not sure I would want to inflict them on the LAF membership.

Well, I've liked very much your AAR! (and not only for that lovely yellow van crew!  lol)

So maybe we'll have some kind of "Director's Cut" version sometime...   ;)

« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 10:05:39 PM by dinohunterpoa »

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2018, 10:25:55 PM »
Well, I've liked very much your AAR! (and not only for that lovely yellow van crew!  lol)

So maybe we'll have some kind of "Director's Cut" version sometime...   ;)

Seems a reasonable compromise.  :)

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2018, 11:00:18 PM »

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
Re: The Bikers Break Out - And now the Uranium Handoff Part 2
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2018, 08:50:43 PM »
I was given a bit of a wigging by Mr Dino about posting games on my Blog but not here, so this is the latest semi pulp game that I posted yesterday.

The Uranium Handoff 2nd Attempt.

After the debacle of the first attempt for Supervillain Alexander Lorne to meet with Boss Cotton and sell a shipment of enriched uranium, a second attempt was arranged, neither of them realized that the traitor was one of their own associates. So 2 weeks later but in the same place and aiming for the same bar to make the hand over at the same time of day, the various elements were in place, same encounters and PEF’s.

The only difference was that the crack Marine team was in disgrace and Andy Donovan and his team of law enforcement officers had been drafted in to make the arrest, they were joined by Special Agent Samantha Price.

Again I was playing the part of the ‘good guys’ and I still thought my original plan was a good one, split into 2 teams 1 by the cross road and 1 in the Deli opposite the bar.

Andy Donovan and his team the veteran Willhelm Schmitt and the rooky Enrico Diaz climb over the wall at point A and remain in position, and Samantha (Sam) Price and her team Hans Ludenstien and James Lamour enter at point B and make their way quickly and unobserved this time, into the Deli to get an overview of the Bar.

Turn 3 – Mad Dog has the senses of a wolf and realizes there is something behind him and he spins round like lightening, sees Hans behind the bush, they both react together but the veteran Hans is faster, BOOM – BOOM – BOOM goes his shotgun, 6 – 5 -5 are thrown.

Turn 3 – Mad Dog goes down OOF and the Boss not badly hurt falls stunned and Erik the 3rd target is missed by a fraction of an inch. Erik passes his tests for man down, leader lost and received fire and blazes away at Hans, 2 shots – 2 misses, obviously rattled by the shotgun pellets passing so close. Hans ducks back behind the barn.

Turn 4 The Boss and Erik fail to activate. Hans recovers from ducking back – pops his head round the corner of the barn and Erik wins the resulting in sight test and shoots him, Hans falls to the ground stunned. “Ha not so clever now are we" shouts Erik.

Turn 4 – Andy comes round the other side of the Barn and lets fly BOOM – BOOM – BOOM, hits Erik 3 times and he is down and OD (obviously dead). “Oh yes we are” says Andy. Sorry about the dice in the photo.

Turn 5 – Sam can see down the street and so resolves a PEF and 3 encounter markers. The encounter was Charlene with Rufus and Desmond the Gangstas (no type casting in my games you notice), they have run in to the Yakuza who are also after the uranium, obviously no love lost between these 2 gangs and they immediately set too. The other 2 encounters are Chardonet a good time girl on her way home (blonde on the right) and Tomari Daisuke, another Yakuza, (bottom left - pale suit). I am writing this AAR 2 weeks after the game and as there was no encounter marker for additional Yakuza I don’t know what the hell he is doing there, maybe in 10 years when the long term memory kicks in I'll be able to explain it.
 Just behind the blue car you can see Raoul's base, this is where he got before being shot from the Deli, note he is just stunned and will get up next turn.

I don't think this gives too much of the game away and if you think this might interest you the rest of the game is here

https://vagabondswargamingblog.blogspot.co.uk/2018/03/the-uranium-handoff-2nd-attempt.html

If not - thanks for reading so far.