Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:06:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: French Foreign Legion: Pre-game photos from first FFL game (pg 2)  (Read 4397 times)

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
Re: French Foreign Legion: added WIP photos of Oasis and Sand Dunes
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2023, 02:43:35 AM »

Now up to seven sand dunes - did a bunch of work on terrain today.  Twenty-six pieces in process.

Also made progress on the tent encampment(s) and a well base.  The three small bases with nothing on them will, eventually, just be grass tuft bases, maybe a few rocks.

And shot showing some painted French troops that still need to get their bases textured and casualty figures painted to match (as best as I can since these figures were painted by someone else, given to me painted about a decade ago and finally getting ready for action.

Offline LouieN

• Mastermind
  • "Aure entuluva!"
Re: French Foreign Legion: more WIP photos of more Sand Dunes and Tents (pg 2)
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2023, 04:36:32 AM »
Neat tents. Good work

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
Re: French Foreign Legion: more WIP photos of more Sand Dunes and Tents (pg 2)
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2023, 03:39:51 PM »
Was too exhausted to take in-game photos but did get some pre-game photos of a game last Friday:

A view of the native village with the French blockading it while trying to resupply their fort.

One of the two encampments.  Tents painting inspired by other's work here on LAF.

The fort, garrisoned by marine and naval forces.

This shot shows one of the two oasis with water added.  I am going to try to 'green' down that water color but it took so long to dry I didn't have time before the game.

This shot shows some of my sand dunes made for the game.

A sadly out of focus shot of the full table that had the sand dunes at the far end, seven of them.

Still more figures to paint and plan to 'sand' all the terrain pieces eventually.  Just ran out of time.  Literally finished painting 125 figures in the last 24 hours before the game - and textured their bases.  Sure, some had a head start and all were primed and ready but that was NUTS! 

There were four forces per side - six camel units and two cavalry units for the natives, eight infantry units, four artillery pieces.  Also some civilians, goats, and wild camels roaming about.  And a few command.  The French each had a mounted unit, two infantry units (FFL and Zouave for the field units), and a cannon and 'machine gun' except the fort had three naval and one marine foot units and one very long range piece of artillery.  And the fort harbored the commander, Lt. Colonel Giuseppe Bianchi - along with an understrength FFL unit.

Seemed like everyone had fun.  Rules were Rank and File.  Six of the eight players had never played the rules - and some never played miniatures before - but all picked them up along the way.  Fast, easy to learn, fun rules.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2023, 04:06:15 AM by FifteensAway »