Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:37:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Miniature Scale Question  (Read 799 times)

Offline spect_spidey

• Scientist
Miniature Scale Question
« on: January 06, 2018, 07:29:48 PM »
Does anyone know if the Mansions of Madness board game investigators scale well with the Pulp Alley metal miniatures? I thought they might be a good source of random townsfolk/plot points to use when playing Pulp Alley. But I couldn't find any scale comparisons for them with other miniature lines. I don't want to make the mistake of investing in a line of minis that are not the same scale as what I already have. I have made that mistake one too many times. LOL

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
Re: Miniature Scale Question
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 08:17:23 PM »
You're in luck, our housemate has that game.

So they're a bit more slender and proportioned more like true humans than wargames miniatures, so smaller heads, hands, feet than is typical for a wargaming mini. They're also a bit on the taller side - I compared some to Copplestone minis and they were 1-3 mm higher on average.

I think they would work together alright as the heads aren't THAT much smaller and the scale isn't massively different. I've certainly used larger miniatures than these (the Cluedo minis) and they still work with the Copplestone figures I'm using. Especially for characters like the young ladies, where the slender proportions will work.

However, if you're using older minis closer to true 28mm, I'm not sure these investigators would work as well as the height difference will be more substantial.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline spect_spidey

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 09:21:41 PM »
Thank you for the information. I plan to use the official Pulp Alley miniatures and probably a few from Pulp Figures and Crooked Dice for most of my Pulp Alley games. At least I think Pulp Figures and Crooked Dice would scale well with the Pulp Alley ones since Dave uses Pulp Figures sometimes in his videos. I just figured if these were the same scale, then it would give me an excuse to get the game and maybe incorporate some monsters as terrors into my Pulp Alley.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 09:38:49 PM »
The monsters should be no issue, since they're monsters... no need to worry quite as much about exactly matching human proportions.

Offline Matt

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 12:49:46 PM »
I think ragsthetiger (posts here regularly) uses these minis in some of his games.  He has posted several reports with pictures that might be helpful.

Offline spect_spidey

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 02:27:17 PM »
I think ragsthetiger (posts here regularly) uses these minis in some of his games.  He has posted several reports with pictures that might be helpful.

Thanks for the heads up! He does indeed use them in some of his reports. They look like they might work pretty well. It is a little hard to tell from his photos since I am not familiar with the other miniature lines they are paired with.