Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:29:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686595
  • Total Topics: 118110
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (KICKSTARTER) John Carter of Mars - The Roleplaying Game (and Miniatures)  (Read 5040 times)

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
Re: (KICKSTARTER) John Carter of Mars - The Roleplaying Game (and Miniatures)
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2018, 04:55:27 PM »
well, remember is a rpg book, not a miniatures skirmish game

No, there is a miniatures skirmish game/ruleset included in this KS (Swords of Mars) and just to make sure they get their worth out of the licence there will be a 3D boardgame also.
Minimal details of these non-rpg aspects yet but there have been several teaser comments about them over the past few days.

They also boast about having stats for EVERY creature and race from the entire book series included in the main core rules. So stands to reason they would want models for most of them otherwise they will push players towards Bronze Age.

The Miniatures game is probably going to get me to pledge on this (providing it is not only included in bundles) to use with my growing collection of 15mm Barsoom stuff.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2018, 12:29:46 PM »
List of forthcoming (KS ££ permitting) monster models has been posted in one of the updates:

".....the great White Ape, Banth, Apt, Synthetic Men, and Plant Men. ...."

Nothing yet about riding Thoats and the inclusion of Synthetic men so early is a surprise.

Offline The Dozing Dragon

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • The Little Soldier Company
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2018, 12:31:04 AM »
I keep wondering if pledging the miniatures pledge would be worth it and will it really include ALL the miniatures released or will there be add ons that are extra?

God alone knows why as I have enough Bronze Age and Heritage JC minis to refight almost any battle already :)

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2018, 12:48:30 PM »
...........God alone knows why as I have enough Bronze Age and Heritage JC minis to refight almost any battle already :)

:?
Tell me about it, I do this in 15mm and don't do rpgs but am still tempted (although only for the books)

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2018, 07:28:29 PM »

God alone knows why as I have enough Bronze Age and Heritage JC minis to refight almost any battle already :)

AARs with lots of pictures, please!  :-*
"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsébet Báthory - 1560-1614 (?)

Offline Commander Roj

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2018, 07:31:07 PM »
AARs with lots of pictures, please!  :-*

I second that! I would so like a JC range in 15/20mm though.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2018, 12:10:37 PM »
.......I would so like a JC range in 15/20mm though.

The Black Hat "Martian Empires" 18mm  range is excellent, by picking and choosing you can make up an ERB "John Carter", a Chadwick "Space 1889" or HG Wells "War of the Worlds" style set.

The Banth is a bit small but is OK, the Calot unfortunately is badly wrong and there are no White Apes (although proxy/conversion options are around) or Blue Martians (Plant Men).

Peter Pig also have a limited range in true 15mm but IMHO they are not nearly as good.

As for the Kickstarter they have commented that they will be including individual figures as "add ons" but the campaign has slowed really badly so still no details of the other creatures.

Offline Commander Roj

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2018, 12:23:55 PM »
The Black Hat "Martian Empires" 18mm  range is excellent, by picking and choosing you can make up an ERB "John Carter", a Chadwick "Space 1889" or HG Wells "War of the Worlds" style set.

The Banth is a bit small but is OK, the Calot unfortunately is badly wrong and there are no White Apes (although proxy/conversion options are around) or Blue Martians (Plant Men).

Peter Pig also have a limited range in true 15mm but IMHO they are not nearly as good.

As for the Kickstarter they have commented that they will be including individual figures as "add ons" but the campaign has slowed really badly so still no details of the other creatures.

I have looked at both Peter Pig and Martian Empires, but they just don’t quite do it for me, unfortunately. I would stretch to 28mm if Tin Man was in the UK, but the expense of importing is prohibitive for me.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 12:25:26 PM by Commander Roj »