Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:52:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686552
  • Total Topics: 118107
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Size Comparison with Victrix Gauls  (Read 2498 times)

Offline Hu Rhu

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Size Comparison with Victrix Gauls
« on: April 26, 2018, 08:06:57 PM »
I have just bought a pack of the Victrix Gallic Warriors and whilst the figures are generally very good, there is a lack of mailed figures.  I was hoping to put a few in the front ranks and maybe a few different poses for the commanders.

Does anyone know which manufacturor of metal 28mm gallic/celt figures match best with Victrix?

Cheers

Offline rnaylor

• Student
Re: Size Comparison with Victrix Gauls
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 08:56:14 PM »
Victrix just announced that armoured warriors will be included in the chariot set and in their own separate set (they’re on a separate sprue to the chariots). No idea on timescales though.

Aventine have some Galatians due out soon and they seem to mix well with Victrix so maybe there’s an option there too? There’s some available already in one of the command sets https://aventineminiatures.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/53_65_70/products_id/788

Offline Antonio J Carrasco

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 05:01:14 AM »
According to what Stephen Hales has written in Victrix facebook, one frame of armoured Gauls/Britons will be included with the Celtic chariot. Then, they are thinking to repackage the frame with the armoured warriors with the command sprues already released, and create a separate armoured set. The chariot will be released, probably, for late 2018 or early 2019, so we can expect a similar timeline for the release of the armoured warriors.

Offline Hu Rhu

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 09:33:57 AM »
Thanks for the info regarding the armoured chariot figures but the time frame is a little out of scope for what I was planning.  I know that Aventine figures fit well with Victrix but I can't see any Gauls/Galatians on their website.

I'll continue to look but if anyone has some ideas, info gratefully received.

Offline Aventine

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2018, 02:53:05 PM »
We produced 2 standing Galatians as a bodyguard for the foot commander in pack  SUC14, we have received several enquiries about them and as a result Adam is making some more to make up a unit of them, this will be after he has the  Seleucid cavalry done(currently working on them).

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Keith

Offline Hu Rhu

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2018, 10:28:29 PM »
Keith,

Thanks for the info. I will look out for them.