Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:13:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686652
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 815
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Brother Vinni Miniatures are discontinuing certain lines  (Read 3584 times)

Offline Muzfish4

• Mad Scientist
Brother Vinni Miniatures are discontinuing certain lines
« on: January 15, 2018, 11:33:20 PM »
Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere (apologies if it has) but I thought LAM Post-Apocalypse fans would be interested to know that Brother Vinni Miniatures are discontinuing certain elements of their 'nuclear sandlot' range including the chaps in power armour.

Apparently around a dozen items will be removed from the webstore this Friday.

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
Re: Brother Vinni Miniatures are discontinuing certain lines
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 11:57:07 PM »
I wonder if the makers of the official fallout miniatures game have sent him a letter?
never trust a horse, they make a commitment to shoes that no animal should make.

http://mystarikum.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline AngusH

• Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 09:13:20 AM »
I'm sure that's the case.

Offline Legiocustodes

• Scientist
  • Old school gamer since 1990!
    • Oldhammer 40k
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 12:25:55 PM »
So annoying. I think his figures are great and I’ve just ordered a load more. I know it’s an IP thing by they could have left him alone; he scratched an itch that nobody else catered for. A real loss
Check out my blog for all things 30k, 40k, Oldhammer and tutorials:
http://classicastartes.blogspot.co.uk

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 12:32:11 PM »
So annoying. I think his figures are great and I’ve just ordered a load more. I know it’s an IP thing by they could have left him alone; he scratched an itch that nobody else catered for. A real loss

Buy the new official ITCH SCRATCHER! only £39.99 and made of high quality PVC!
warning:itch scratcher may be a cheaply made cash in with poor anatomy and lazy posing.quoted price is for 1 single itch scratcher.Itch scratcher squads start at £5000 or ten weekly payments of £900. Buying our itch scratcher gives us power of attorney,ownership of your organs and Last word of any quality of life questions brought about by accident or maiming brought about via incorrect use of the ITCH SCRATCHER.

Offline Legiocustodes

• Scientist
  • Old school gamer since 1990!
    • Oldhammer 40k
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 03:39:24 PM »
Hahahaha it took me a while to read the small print; then I pissed myself laughing!

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2018, 06:00:10 PM »
I'm mostly annoyed that they made their figures a different (and of course, TALLER) scale.  What's the point of doing that in a game where large power armored and mutated characters are common?  So annoying.

Offline DELTADOG

• Mad Scientist
  • The two-handed G.E.C.K
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 06:35:30 PM »
I'm mostly annoyed that they made their figures a different (and of course, TALLER) scale.  What's the point of doing that in a game where large power armored and mutated characters are common?  So annoying.

Only a picture.... just to show that its simply not true that the Modiphius figures are taller as the existing stuff.

And just for clearance in this: Modiphius is NOT the IP holder, just an IP User! To shut someone down who abuses an IP, you need to be the IP owner. That means its Bethesda that clears up these figures, to secure its IP. Its not really suprising that they start this now, since a legal IP user for these Kind of Products is in the final preparations to launch his products.

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2018, 10:21:01 PM »
Only a picture.... just to show that its simply not true that the Modiphius figures are taller as the existing stuff.

And just for clearance in this: Modiphius is NOT the IP holder, just an IP User! To shut someone down who abuses an IP, you need to be the IP owner. That means its Bethesda that clears up these figures, to secure its IP. Its not really suprising that they start this now, since a legal IP user for these Kind of Products is in the final preparations to launch his products.

That's not really helpful without identifying the other miniature...is that a BV mini?

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2018, 11:05:19 PM »

That's not really helpful without identifying the other miniature...is that a BV mini?

yes it is

Offline rwwin

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2018, 11:04:20 PM »
Annnnnd they're gone!  Shucks, there were a couple of pieces I'd been meaning to pick up during the holiday sale, but it slipped my mind.

Interesting to see the figures that survived the purge.  I wonder if figures like the mountain horror  (wink wink) still come with the extra bits to make a death claw or if they're only going to come with what you see in the pictures.

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2018, 11:18:29 PM »
Yeah I completely forgot as well.  Ah well.  I bought a bunch of stuff (inc. BV power armor heads) to do conversions of the various power armors, we'll see if my skills are up to the job.  I will probably purchase some Modiphius stuff as well, but assuming it's not a total flop/flame-out like Halo Ground Command, they'll be around to pick up, and probably second hand for cheap.  :)