Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:36:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Ahistorian's ][nq28 - update (inc painting!) 14/01  (Read 9480 times)

Offline tomrommel1

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Wargamesgazette
Re: Ahistorian's ][nq28
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2018, 09:24:28 AM »
Very nice conversions indeed . I am rather more glueing miniatures then painting them too.
In hoc signo vinces

Have a look at www.wargamesgazette.com

Offline Ahistorian

• Mad Scientist
    • A-Historical Wargaming
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2018, 01:44:22 PM »
Thanks guys!

Me too. And some of the parts used for inspiration.

I'm happy to describe the assembly of any mini I remember the bits for  ;)

Offline tim in saskatoon

• Mad Scientist
    • Tim's Miniature Wargaming Blog
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2018, 03:44:09 PM »
Some really fabulous conversions here!

Offline Ahistorian

• Mad Scientist
    • A-Historical Wargaming
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2018, 09:33:33 AM »
"What does this Lania Brule have to say for herself, Handers?"

"Nothing, Ecclesiarch."

"Nothing!?"

"Sir, she has taken a vow of silence. I don't know the particulars, but I understand she failed an abjuration against a powerful witch and is punishing herself."

"Self-flagellation is rather unseemly for an Inquisitor, don't you think?"

"Ahem."

"What? How can we trust them to be doing what's right for the Imperium if they don't trust themselves?"

"Ahem, sir."

"Ah, Inquisatrix! You honour us with your presence. And who is this... unsettling young woman? Weapons, as I'm sure the guards told you, are not allowed on Ecclesiarchial grounds."

"Inquisatrix. Formal greetings to you and your familiars."

"Where's your Tech-Adept, eh? I hear he's something of an outcast, failed his rites of knowledge or something. Damned luacky to get out of the Adeptus alive in my book, eh Handers? Handers, what's all this finger-flicking."

"Battle sign, sir."

"Good grief, is that one carrying a power sword?"

"She signs it's for when things get serious sir."

"Really?"

"Yes ma'am. I served with the Penitent Crusade in the Venatain System. Twenty years under the Aquila with pride."

"So the sign of the Aquila is the same in battle sign too? Fascinating. What else does she have to say for herself?"

"That I should... take the shot?"

"What in the Emperor's name are you talking about Handers?!"

"OH MY SWEET EMPEROR!"

-----'
Here is my latest warband, made in a single evening - Inquisatrix Lania Brule and her associates. She has taken a vow of silence, and over the years has chosen to surround herself with mutes and quiet warriors. Included in her retinue (in order of introduction) are the witchseeker known only as Siostra, three combat servitors (my favourite has an electro-flail and suppression shield), Tech-Adept Brysen Kallos (who is in fact a very lowly apprentice Tech-Priest who ran away to learn about the galaxy) the servitor who bears the Inquisatrix's power sword, and finally her sniper, the mysterious assassin whose battle sign is Hunter.

Offline Ahistorian

• Mad Scientist
    • A-Historical Wargaming
Re: Ahistorian's ][nq28 - new warband 24/01
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2018, 12:41:55 PM »
The Pirate Queen Zhan Aiya who started off this thread along with Bosun Young and a few peons now has the rest of her crew.

Twenty years ago, she seized control of the Rogue Trader cruiser Far Darkness, and set out to burn herself an empire amongst the stars. But the Rogue Trader survived her assault and has led a guerrilla insurgency within the ship since then, determined to retake his ancestral home. Now Zhan Aiya, her brother Zhan Zhay and their crew launch punitive raids into the depths of the Far Darkness, trying to extend their control into its ratruns and hallways in between attacks on unprotected worlds and shipping.

Zhan Zhay is bionically augmented, a proud warrior who has strayed into arrogance since raising the runesword his sister gave him. Whether it is Khorne's martial pride or Slaanesh's perfectionism that drives him, he is a swift and lethal fighter.

Like their masters, the Far Darkness's new crewmen all hide their faces behind inhuman masks, and carry all sorts of weapons to war as they battle the ship's old master and its new prey.

Offline Belligerentparrot

• Scientist
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2018, 06:39:28 AM »
Cool thread! These are some great ideas you've come up with! Converting is my favourite part of the hobby, and I'm also on a Confrontation/Inq28 buzz. So I will be following this thread! The new Elves for AoS have some great potential too, don't you think? I can see those serpentine bodies being used a lot in Blanchitsu-style warbands.

One piece of constructive criticism, if you want it: maybe shorten the necks on a couple of the sigmarite-head crewmen? It might just be the angle, but those necks seem kinda long.

The Zhan conversion is amazing!

Offline Ahistorian

• Mad Scientist
    • A-Historical Wargaming
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2018, 07:52:02 AM »
Thank you!

I think so, yes. I'm very much looking forward to their release, particularly the winged ones - I think they'd make great Corsairs.

I think it's the angle of the photos - on the modelling table they don't look wrong, but I have to position minis strangely for them to come into focus in my flat's funny light.

Zhan Zhay is in my top 3 favourite conversions, most definitely!

Offline Sbloom141

• Librarian
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2018, 09:19:41 AM »
Aww man, I think I was bidding against you on Ebay for that Vindicare with the broken rifle  lol

Those are some good conversions though mate. Really gritty.

Offline Ahistorian

• Mad Scientist
    • A-Historical Wargaming
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2018, 07:00:02 AM »
Well thank you for letting me win  ;)

While trying to work out what to replace van Brule's power maul with, I made a few more pieces. Firstly, a wizened old Ordo Hereticus inquisitor, and his mutant sidekick - an eight-kit homage to Dante from the Inquisitor rulebook.

Then the Forester, recently brought into Inquisitorial service for his skills with the civilian one-shot laslock. If anyone has an idea of how/where to fit a scope, that would be appreciated. And an Assassin, whose head slipped while drying and will need a touch of greenstuff.

Finally, an Astartes of the First Legion, a Dark Angel of Death, a hunter of things that hide in the shadows. What purpose he truly serves is unknown, but he is as brusque and dangerous to servants of the Emperor as he is to his more obvious prey. Primarily fighting with an ancient and monstrous plasma pistol (guide below), he also bears a bolt pistol and a sheathed sword. None have lived to tell what happens when he draws it...

I'm not sure whether he's an Unforgiven or a Fallen yet, but he's definitely a warband in his own right!

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2018, 11:03:12 AM »
More great conversions.

Offline Ahistorian

• Mad Scientist
    • A-Historical Wargaming
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2018, 01:43:54 PM »
Thank you  :)

Offline leegwonfu

• Librarian
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2018, 06:26:55 PM »
First of all, lt me add to the accolations - excellent job all-around! As others have said, I can't wait to see them painted.

Secondly, I was wondering what figs/bits you used for the abhuman sidekick (it looks totally awesome)?

For our next post, banditos and desperados!

Firstly, a half-Eldar relic hunter and her abhuman sidekick

Offline Ahistorian

• Mad Scientist
    • A-Historical Wargaming
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2018, 03:02:38 PM »
First of all, lt me add to the accolations - excellent job all-around! As others have said, I can't wait to see them painted.

Secondly, I was wondering what figs/bits you used for the abhuman sidekick (it looks totally awesome)?

Thanks!  :D The abhuman is a Genestealer Cultist head, a Cadian backpack and an Escher laspistol on a gnoblar body.

Offline Ahistorian

• Mad Scientist
    • A-Historical Wargaming
Re: Ahistorian's ][nq28 - update 31/03
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2018, 04:56:20 PM »
My latest Inq28 after a period spent focusing on Stormcast - a fireteam of rather ornate Imperial troopers, who might still get extra belt-gubbins. Greatsword legs, hostile environment Cadian heads/torsos, and mostly Scion arms. Inspired in no small part by Ryltar Thamior, who very graciously gave permission to steal ;)

Offline Ahistorian

• Mad Scientist
    • A-Historical Wargaming
Re: Ahistorian's ][nq28 - update 31/03
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2018, 08:26:00 PM »
And finally, my first ever painted Inq28 force! Shown in WIP above - Inquisatrix Lania Brule and her associates. She has taken a vow of silence, and over the years has chosen to surround herself with mutes and quiet warriors. Included in her retinue (in order of introduction) are the witchseeker known only as Siostra, three combat servitors (my favourite has an electro-flail and suppression shield), Tech-Adept Brysen Kallos (who is in fact a very lowly apprentice Tech-Priest who ran away to learn about the galaxy) the servitor who bears the Inquisatrix's power sword, and finally her sniper, the mysterious assassin whose battle sign is Hunter.