Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:25:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686614
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 6mm Castle by Village Green  (Read 2238 times)

Offline rampantlion

• Scientist
6mm Castle by Village Green
« on: January 17, 2018, 08:55:54 PM »
Does anyone have any of the Village Green 6mm castle parts laying around that they are not going to use or any idea of a company that might be carrying them?  Stronghold Miniatures has the rights to them I believe, but they are not currently an active business.

thanks  -  Allen

Offline puster

• Assistant
Re: 6mm Castle by Village Green
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 05:32:44 PM »
If you
- are able/willing to print in 3d and
- are not in a particular hurry

you could use the castle & town set that my wife will release in a month or so. She is trying to establish her own 3d company, and I convinced her that medieval buildings are a market gap :-)

If you are interested I can dig out some wip-pictures, and perhaps channel some feedback.

Offline rampantlion

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 01:48:51 PM »
I would be interested in seeing it!  I did just buy the castle by Leven, but I am a junky and might buy more when it is available.

Allen

Offline FierceKitty

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018, 01:02:15 AM »
The Magister Militum castle in 6mm is very attractive too. http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,10674.0.html
The laws of probability do not apply to my dice in wargames or to my finesses in bridge.

Offline puster

• Assistant
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2018, 10:37:20 AM »
I would be interested in seeing it!

Well, a small preview from our townwalls.
Still in the prototyping phase, currently at some 50 different wall sections before we add in different battlements or stone patterns:

Here is a preview of the first house:

Printed by Shapeways: Frosted Detail, White Filament, Framework only and the last is our own printout from a Prusa i3.

To work with the wall-pattern here is a printout in 1:100

That one is not the final production patter - we currently add irregularity to the width and make testruns with other patterns.

Once the wall and towers are done, we go for normal houses and then finally the prominent buildings, like keep, church and guild & town halls.

Plans are to release them in 4-6 weeks. Input or wishes are welcome and will be forwarded to my wife (who is, alas, not that fluent in English)...
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 01:49:04 PM by puster »

Offline rampantlion

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 03:03:42 PM »
Those are very nice!  I will be interested in them when they are released.  Just a quick request (this is what made me really want the Village Green models), can you do a wall that is rising at an angle to a higher elevation?  They made one that was a wall section going up slope along a cliff face.  Very unique and adds the ability to put a keep or upper bailey on a higher elevation.

Thanks and please keep me posted on the release!

Offline puster

• Assistant
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2018, 12:10:33 PM »
can you do a wall that is rising at an angle to a higher elevation?  They made one that was a wall section going up slope along a cliff face.  Very unique and adds the ability to put a keep or upper bailey on a higher elevation.

We plan angled walls in 10, 20 and 30° in either direcion.
Still contemplating wether percentage would not be a better measure.

Another question is wether the top of the merlon should be angled, too, or rather horizontal in stairs.

Here is out prototype-printout: not printed for quality, but you see an example of the structured wall beside it:

Here is an image of the backside, with a normal and another 20° next to it:

And a closeup of the stairs (please excuse the printout quality - this part was not high on our "finish"-list):

If you need another angle or think that other battlement-designs are usefull, let me know, and we will probably put that in the list.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 01:50:26 PM by puster »

Offline rampantlion

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2018, 06:55:36 PM »
That's exactly what I was looking for!  The merlon looks right to me in the horizontal position.  The defenders would still use them exactly as they would on a flat wall section I would guess.  You might do a flat wall walk angling up instead of stairs which could make more sense as a steady defensive platform.  I seem to recall this in a castle I was at in Portugal a while back.