Forum > Other Adventures

Malifaux Terrain Board

(1/7) > >>

Brandubh:
In the process of getting back into Malifaux and I hate playing on an empty table and not terribly thrilled with 2d
terrain because it just doesn't look quite right. Enter a Not-So-Local Friendly Gamestore that was having an end
of the year sale. I'd look at some of the Plast Craft stuff online, but couldn't justify the price. Until now.
The first board is going to be a modified version of this one, allowing for difference in materials used.

Brandubh:
I don't normally post "in process" pictures, but for once I thought I would. Here's the initial setting up of
the terrain boards, I'm using 1/4" MDF as the base and the Plast Craft Tower and Sewers Walkways are the
pieces shown.
Notes:
The instruction sheets for the Plast Craft stuff leave a little to be desired. ALWAYS dry fit and double check
The color printing is only on one side if you get the ready to assemble pieces.  you are warned.
Superglue holds real well on these.

pocoloco:
Off to a great start! Even if I don't play the game myself it's always nice to see a great board in the making. So please do continue post your progress pics :)

Brandubh:
Update:
Work well under way, using LEMAX Landscape Accents O Scale Cobblestone sheets for the roads and I am
using Black Brick Wall or Street cardstock sheets glued on top of Foamboard for the sidewalks. Hardest part
is making sure that the center strip stays the right width to let the boardwalk terrain sit correctly.

I'm really hoping that I have enough of the cobblestone....

Ultravanillasmurf:
Looking forward to seeing this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version