Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:52:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689806
  • Total Topics: 118296
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Trying Blood, Sweat and Cheers  (Read 1125 times)

Offline NickNascati

• Scatterbrained Genius
Trying Blood, Sweat and Cheers
« on: December 09, 2018, 02:15:33 AM »
Finally had the opportunity to give BSC a run through with my son in law. First game saw a retiarius vs. a sector,  the secured did not last three turns, before the sector was pleading to the crowd. Second game saw threax vs. murmillo, and went quite a bit longer,almost though he deck. In the end, the murmillo came out on top. All in all, good games. I am sure the games will get better as we get more used to the system.

Offline agentbalzac

• Librarian
Re: Trying Blood, Sweat and Cheers
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 10:24:13 AM »
Nice one.  I've found that it's possible to run three of four 'bouts' in an hour - enough to follow the careers of a few fighters.

I shall be taking a compact version of this (no space for minis in the luggage - it'll just be cards and counters) to Europe with me on a long trip over winter.  Hoping to teach my family the game and maybe we can have a championship or two...

The idea is to work up enough experience that when I return home I can confidently run a single-evening tournament at my club...

Offline Irregular Wars Nic

• Mad Scientist
    • Visit the Irregular Wars blog:
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 11:18:21 AM »
Thanks for the quick review Nick, and that's good to hear too agentbalzac - the rules certainly work with counters rather than minis, so worth a shot. :)

Offline NickNascati

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 02:02:11 PM »
I will also be taking it on vacation in August, as it only needs a small box to transport rules, dice and a handful of fighters.