Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:01:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686609
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 9
Guests: 487
Total: 496

Recent

Author Topic: [Commercial] Fallout Wasteland Warfare  (Read 8008 times)

Offline modiphius

• Librarian
    • Modiphius
[Commercial] Fallout Wasteland Warfare
« on: January 21, 2018, 02:34:20 AM »
We've just unveiled the back of the box for the Fallout Wasteland Warfare Two Player Starter Set (pending final approval by Bethesda). As you can see in the PVC set the figures are pre-assembled in a coloured plastic ready to play out of the box (the resin version is unassembled). Since we're giving you a complete rulebook, there's now a simple 8 page 'Getting Acclimated' tutorial booklet to get you up to speed without having to absorb everything. You can pre-order on the Modiphius store or via your local gaming stores. We have a retail locator going up soon https://www.modiphius.net/collections/fallout-wasteland-warfare/

www.modiphius.com
Achtung! Cthulhu - Terrifying WW2 Roleplaying Setting
ONE WAR - New miniatures system for Achtung! Cthulhu

Offline spect_spidey

• Scientist
Re: [Commercial] Fallout Wasteland Warfare
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 02:24:40 PM »
Nice box art. I would get into this game, but there is one problem for me. I do not want resin models. Since the only PVC option is the main starter set, it leaves me cold to the game. I won't be able to expand beyond it without having to get resin models. It may sound stupid to some, but I hate resin. I also do not like having my models being made of different materials. I stay away from the majority of games that do not give plenty of plastic options.

As a side not to Modiphius, this is also why I will not buy any of your role playing miniatures. I love Star Trek Adventures, but I was saddened to see that I could only get resin minis. I know plastics are more expensive, but it is my preferred type of miniature. For me, it holds paint better than metal and is more durable than resin.

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 02:37:25 PM »
Hmm strange, IMO the result speaks for itself:

I could not ask for better ST minis!
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - http://www.adpublishing.de

Offline modiphius

• Librarian
    • Modiphius
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 08:33:17 PM »
Yes I think I can safely blow our own trumpet that it's some of the best resin in the gaming market at the moment - not very brittle, easy to work with, very little clean up required and great details. We're starting to get some great review through now with bloggers talking about and painting up the minis so I'll let the results speak for themselves as Agis models above do I think which I think he did a great job on

Offline rwwin

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 10:53:24 PM »
It might help to have some comparisons.  "Modiphius resin is like company X's resin".  The term "resin", like "plastic" is such a broad category and has been abused so much in the last few years, it's (to me) almost meaningless.  Even though there is a world of difference in feel, finish and quality; Flying Frog's resin isn't like Prodos isn't like Hasslefree isn't like Raging heros, etc, etc.

I doubt Modiphius wants to touch that one, bu I imagine Agis could give some neutral comparisons.

It may sound stupid to some, but I hate resin. I also do not like having my models being made of different materials.

Eh, not stupid, but maybe a tad rigid.  Like you I much prefer polystyrene over other materials.  But if it's a figure(s) I really want and resin or PVC is the only option I'll often give in.  About the only thing I actively try to avoid is metal these days.

Offline Littlearmies

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2018, 12:33:08 PM »
My issue isn't the resin - it's the scale. What's wrong with 28mm?

Offline stone-cold-lead

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2018, 12:52:09 PM »

28mm is sooooooooooo yesterday.  ;)

32 is the new 28. Just like 28 was the new 25.

Tempted by the Fallout game but I can't afford to pick another game line at the moment.

Offline Legiocustodes

• Scientist
  • Old school gamer since 1990!
    • Oldhammer 40k
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2018, 10:04:57 AM »
The guys at Modiphius sent me a few of their Fallout minis to paint up and review on my blog and I can confirm that they are exquisite; and the scale is at the upper end of 28mm heroic. I have painted up the first model (a Brotherhood of Steel Knight in combat armour) and reviewed it over at:

https://classicastartes.blogspot.co.uk/2018/02/fallout-modiphius-brotherhood-of-steel.html?m=1

There’s photos there (I am struggling to post photos on LAF for some reason at the moment) along with a scale comparison.
Check out my blog for all things 30k, 40k, Oldhammer and tutorials:
http://classicastartes.blogspot.co.uk

Offline Red Kop

• Bookworm
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2018, 12:20:01 AM »
I'm liking the look of this, and the miniatures look great.

Just wondering if anyone from modiphius can let me know if the game is going to be exclusively focused on Fallout 4 and the East Coast side of Fallout or if there are plans to expand the game to the West Coast settings also and incorporate elements and factions from Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas such as the NCR, Caesars Legion and Houses Securitrons?

I prefer the West Coast setting (with New Vegas being a particular favourite) and would love the chance to incorporate this setting onto the tabletop if possible.

Cheers!

RK

Offline rwwin

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2018, 01:19:26 PM »
Modiphius just released the basic rules for Fallout Wasteland Warfare along with the print and play cards for getting started.  I've only had a chance to glance through them so far, but they look pretty slick.

https://www.modiphius.net/collections/free-stuff

Offline Lawful Evil

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2018, 12:07:20 AM »
Thanks for the scale comparison, Legiocustodes. That's tipped me over the edge into 'will buy' territory.

Offline Littlearmies

• Scientist
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2018, 05:54:29 AM »
The guys at Modiphius sent me a few of their Fallout minis to paint up and review on my blog and I can confirm that they are exquisite; and the scale is at the upper end of 28mm heroic. I have painted up the first model (a Brotherhood of Steel Knight in combat armour) and reviewed it over at:

https://classicastartes.blogspot.co.uk/2018/02/fallout-modiphius-brotherhood-of-steel.html?m=1

There’s photos there (I am struggling to post photos on LAF for some reason at the moment) along with a scale comparison.

Have you painted up / assembled anymore of these? If so, could you provide a comparison using a Modiphius figure that is actually standing up straight?

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2018, 10:19:55 PM »

28mm isn't a scale. Some manufacturers take it from foot to eye and others from foot to top of head, so rarely do you get one manufacturer's figures matching another's. As death claws and super mutants are difficult to measure for size irl and power armour embiggens even the weediest runty human, it's only the actual human-size stuff that might be bigger or smaller than your preferred manufacturer's figures.

This might help, allowing for the bases;

*Edit* - might be an older version, I think the Behemoth is larger now.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 03:50:19 AM by Arlequín »

Offline rwwin

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2018, 06:02:28 PM »
I don't think it's newer but there is a better version of that pic:

As to scale shots, maybe in January or early February, someone (not with Modiphius) had posted a facebook photo of a Modiphious fallout figure (a figure standing upright) next to a Brother Vinni vault dweller and that's the best scale shot pics I've seen yet.  Can't for the life of me find the link.  I though it was over on Dakka but can't find it.

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2018, 03:51:23 AM »
I don't think it's newer but there is a better version of that pic:

Yes... not quite sure what happened there, the forum seems not to like the one I offered.  :?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 03:53:38 AM by Arlequín »