Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 12:36:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Casual Tea's Frostgrave Stuff (Wizard! - 7/31)  (Read 9027 times)

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Casual Tea's Frostgrave Stuff (Illusionist! 6/5)
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2018, 04:08:21 PM »
There was a roleplay system which had their illusionists done up in a similar style. Like they were all a bit mental and with Illusion being the magic of controlling and abusing reality they looked like they were abusing their spells too much.

With Frostgrave you can use anything, and stuff like that's a great find. Do they already have an apprentice as well ...or is the Apprentice some misshapen blob who failed at their experiments (or succeeded)? :)

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Casual Tea's Frostgrave Stuff (A Tree? 5/11)
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2018, 08:40:04 PM »
fantastic paint-job.
gorgeous colour.

Recently I've been painting lots of Skaven, not spending more than a couple days working on each model, sometimes painting in small batches, all in an attempt to learn to paint faster. I was getting a little burnt out on that however, so this week I took a break and painted this female mage model for a friend. It's from Cadwallon's Legends of Signum game. A great choice for an Illusionist and impressive looking model once finished, but man, not easy to assemble!

Offline jp1885

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • "An enquiring mind is sufficient qualification"
    • My Frostgrave blog
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2018, 09:43:47 PM »
That's a fantastic mini and you've painted her brilliantly!

Offline casual tea

• Bookworm
    • instagram.com/dlyanf
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2018, 08:34:41 AM »
There was a roleplay system which had their illusionists done up in a similar style. Like they were all a bit mental and with Illusion being the magic of controlling and abusing reality they looked like they were abusing their spells too much.

With Frostgrave you can use anything, and stuff like that's a great find. Do they already have an apprentice as well ...or is the Apprentice some misshapen blob who failed at their experiments (or succeeded)? :)

There is no apprentice yet! I'm keeping an eye out for one. Playing Frostgrave has opened up a lot lot of model ranges from small companies and sculptors for me. So many cool wizards to choose from!

Offline casual tea

• Bookworm
    • instagram.com/dlyanf
Re: Casual Tea's Frostgrave Stuff (Another Demon 6/22)
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2018, 09:48:08 AM »
Can't have too many demons, right? I got this guy on a whim with a Hasslefree Miniatures order because I liked the model. This was another attempt to learn the famous "loaded brush" technique popularized by Ben Komets. I think I'm starting to get a feel for it now. My first attempt was a total failure, it was last year when I had just come back to the hobby and had not the skills or materials to succeed at something like this. My regular opponent plays a witch, so this guy will probably be springing from a bottle and wrecking me sometime soon, heh.

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2018, 01:50:40 PM »
very skilled and painterly effect.

Offline jp1885

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Frostgrave blog
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2018, 02:52:12 PM »
Agreed - great work sir.

Offline casual tea

• Bookworm
    • instagram.com/dlyanf
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2018, 07:39:15 AM »
Hey yall, I have here a Rackham wizard painted painted for a friend's warband. I thought I was going to paint this in one session, but it ended up taking three. Damn all these straps and flappy robes! It's a little messy but I'm proud of it nonetheless and glad to call it done. Looking forward to this guy in an upcoming Maze of Malcor campaign!

Cheers!

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Casual Tea's Frostgrave Stuff (Wizard! - 7/31)
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2018, 10:13:53 AM »
splendid figure - and your paint job appropriately evokes another Rackham- a certain Arthur! Lovely.

wish I'd been 'into' the Rackham stuff when it was current and relatively affordable.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 10:49:04 AM by Bloggard »

Offline LiamFrostfang

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2018, 01:31:24 PM »
 8) very cool!!!

Offline jp1885

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Frostgrave blog
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2018, 06:33:11 PM »
I concur - brilliant!

Offline Brandlin

• Mad Scientist
    • Brandlin
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2018, 06:52:16 PM »
Loving the colour combination on that wizard. Coupled with the extreme highlighting it gives a very suitable frosty feeling...

Offline casual tea

• Bookworm
    • instagram.com/dlyanf
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2018, 09:41:21 PM »
splendid figure - and your paint job appropriately evokes another Rackham- a certain Arthur! Lovely.

wish I'd be 'into' the Rackham stuff when it was current and relatively affordable.

Yeah, they are prohibitively expensive these days, sadly. I was lucky to have bought many when the company was liquidated and the game stores were selling off all their products years ago.

Loving the colour combination on that wizard. Coupled with the extreme highlighting it gives a very suitable frosty feeling...

I imagined this guy standing on a rocky outcrop with a blustering wind whipping his robes about. I'm glad that comes through! Thank you.