Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:32:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Yerot's World (Necromunda - now with Inq28 ladies and Blanchitsu painted stuff)  (Read 9961 times)

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
Re: Yerot's World (Necromunda - now with uphivers!)
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2018, 01:11:24 AM »
I'm speechless. The creativity and kitbashing skills on these is stunning.

Offline Belligerentparrot

• Scientist
Re: Yerot's World (Necromunda - now with uphivers!)
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2018, 02:57:10 PM »
Jeez, long time no post. The first stage of the project is nearly done! I have all but one of the few remaining unreleased minis I needed, and have been busy with converting. I have a whole bunch of stuff to show, but will try to at least undercoat, and hopefully start painting, stuff before future updates.

Today, though, here's more unpainted (and occasionally rare) lead and plastic. Some boring gangs today (i.e. not many conversions), but also one of the conversions I'm most proud of.

Any city needs law and order, and the main hive of Yerot's World is no different. But you encounter the long arm of the law long before you planetfall: unless a lot of creds change hands in advance, you're liable to be boarded and searched by the local branch of the Imperial Navy!

(Ages ago I picked up an bag of weapon/accessory sculpting dollies used in the RT era, some of which I use here. But I know of no early citadel sculpt with the long heavy weapon here - it looks quite judge dredd-ish to me, but I dunno if it was ever used).

Once you're landside on Yerot's World, more creds may be useful in avoiding the attentions of the local Arbites, especially the Hive Judges in out-dated power armour.

No amount of creds will be useful in making oneself "uninteresting" to the fanatical Venators, with their acolytes of the Imperial Cult in tow. Well, perhaps if the bride is big enough they'll consider it  ;)

(The Venator conversion was the first one I ever did for this project, about, hmmm, 10 years ago! The Imperial Cultists are the unreleased Redemptionist minis).

The full Confrontation rulebook mentions two gangs that didn't make it into the WD articles, if I remember: Custodians and Vigilantes. Vigilantes don't have much of a description, so I decided to make mine the warband of a low-level and "semi-official" imperial agent.
Here we see the agent (inspired by PDH's brilliant conversion of the elf handmaiden), her power-armoured bodyguard, a couple of retainers, and a penitent mutant.

And here is the rest of her gang of miscreants, including a couple of Arbites assigned to her by the city to help complete the mission.

Custodians are normal hive gangs that are contracted to do law-and-order work, so they're "semi-offical" law enforcement as it were. According to the rulebook, they tend to wear random bits of planetary defence force kit as a mark of their legitimacy. I saw in this idea the opportunity to turn my disparate-looking mob of unreleased IG minis into a cohesive gang.

And finally (whew!) here's a slightly better pic of the penitent, as I am really pleased with how he came out. The icon is a little wonky, but (I hope) that adds character! Also in the shot is the unreleased Space Crusade marine from the Arbites gang - note his very unusual backpack!

More to come at some point!

Offline area23

• Mastermind
    • area23
Re: Yerot's World (Necromunda - now with venators, law+order!)
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2018, 09:03:30 AM »
Yay! An amazing collection, sir!
If you don't believe in lead, you're already dead.
+++AREA23 BLOG+++

Offline blacksoilbill

• Mastermind
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2018, 10:40:11 AM »
Woah, that post just keeps going! So many great looking models! You'll have to paint some sometime  ;) But loads of very cool ideas there.

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2018, 03:41:51 PM »
Once again, some very cool gangs there - I'm looking forward to seeing them with a lick of paint on. 
Instagram: @genghis_toy_soldiers

2024 - Figures Acquired: 37  Figures Painted: 6
2023 - Figures Acquired: 99  Figures Painted: 100
2022 - Figures Acquired: 59  Figures Painted: 54
2021 - Figures Acquired: 56  Figures Painted: 60
2020 - Figures Acquired: 63  Figures Painted: 92

Offline axiom

• Mastermind
    • My blog: Magpie and old lead
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2018, 03:14:45 PM »
You have an enviable collection of figures on show here. I have a very similar area of interest and am steadily working my way through my own collection of Confrontation gangs. I can thoroughly recommend painting up gangs as you make them - it really does help finish each subsection of the project off, plus it allows you to play with them, or display them. In fact I'd urge you to paint at least one gang before doing anything else with any other gang! After all, bare metal is fine, but in reality we all get excited about seeing cool painted figures :)

• Scientist
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2018, 06:02:57 PM »
Thanks for the kind comments guys, and the encouragement re: painting. It really is top of the list (after: become a dad in three weeks).

One thing I find difficult is space. I have basically zero hobby space in every flat I've lived in. That is fine for conversions - it isn't hard to unpack and then pack away again a knife, file, glue in a v. small bitz-box. Painting though - that seems like more faff to unpack and pack away each time. Guess I should try to falsify that theory.

Anyway, next update will definitely be devoted to painted minis (by John B rather than me).

Oh, and hi Axiom! Huge fan of your work, and one of your unreleased bratts came from my collection, years ago in a CCM trade (The baby zoat went the other way). 

Offline axiom

• Mastermind
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2018, 07:01:23 PM »
I absolutely know about space and baby pressures! My approach is a setup which can be cleared away easily (paints in boxes in a drawer) - I don't have a permanent paint station either. I also have a regular painting slot - it's part of my weekly routine along with the kid's clubs etc :)

I checked on that bratt / baby zoat trade - it was back in 2013! I'm actually planning to get the rest of the Bratts into a table this summer :)

• Scientist
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2018, 12:17:46 PM »
Taking a wee break from nappy changing to update this. Rather than continuing to bombard you with unpainted stuff, I thought I'd share a couple of the minis in my collection that don't need painting, plus some of the conversions I'm most proud of. I've been on a "strong female character" buzz for the last couple of months.

First up, a hive pilgrim and her bodyguard of Ordo Templar gangers, the latter converted and painted by the almighty JB himself. Honestly, the man is a god. Can provide close-up pics of these and the other JB minis in my collection if anyone else thinks the man is a god too.

Next, some sort of imperial noble-woman and part of her retinue:

And some sort of hive marshal, complete with big old padlock for locking up ne'er-do-wells, along with a few henchmen/women/muties.

My favourite is the henchwoman on the left - she's a mix of Melusai, Ad-Mech, and old Confrontation bits - old and new  :D

Finally, some sort of Dark Mechanicus techno-snake-lady (why not eh?) with the start of a retinue. These are a little bit rough as my month-old daughter was distracting me at the time ( :-*) so very much a work in progress.

There are more minis for each retinue, but I don't want to spam you all with too much unpainted stuff!

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
Oh no, spam on mate, please!

These are exactly the sort of thing I think can do and mess up so it's great to see the unpainted models and try to identify the bits.

That metal figure in the second pic, the noble woman's gang, is he some kind of unreleased space marine scout?

Congratulations on the wee one as well, I hope for your sake she's a good sleeper.  :D

Offline axiom

• Mastermind
I do so love the horse-skull ad mech. Nice collections one again :)

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
Great stuff, love the conversions  8)
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Bullshott

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • I need a bigger hammer
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/27772452@N07/sets/
Splendid work. Let's see some painted stuff :)
Sir Henry Bullshott, Keeper of Ancient Knowledge

Offline tjgreenway

• Bookworm
Wow, just wow!  :o I've just read through the last three pages from start to finish and had to keep stopping for breath, some incredible conversions!

It really is fantastic reading through these kind of posts, so please do keep them coming!  :D I'm a big fan of the Inq28 side of the 40k universe (it was actually re-reading the Blanchitsu articles about The Pilgrym that convinced me to jump back in recently  :-*), and I have to say, your homage to The Green Mechanicum is absolutely beautiful - I've been thinking about tackling something similar at some point myself, but I think I need a bit more practice on the kit bashing front before I'll be able to put together anything quite so stunning  :D

And congratulations on the new arrival - my daughter's four months old now and as a stay-at-home Dad, I totally understand the lack of hobby time! The trick I've found is to really grab what limited time you do have and try to be as productive as possible - I try to set myself a target of 30 minutes of hobby a day (I usually manage every two or three days, though, of course!), but when I do get those 30 minutes in I'm more focused than I've ever been  :D

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2018, 06:33:18 PM »
What a great thread!

Can provide close-up pics of these and the other JB minis in my collection if anyone else thinks the man is a god too.

With you on the deification! I'd love to see more of these!