Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:02:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Battle of Shrewsbury 1069; Watchtower Interval!- Page 2  (Read 7986 times)

Offline Phil Portway

• Mastermind
Re: Battle of Shrewsbury 1069; Norman Outer Wall I
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2020, 08:48:46 PM »
lol Yeah, but nigh on 20 years is pushing things a little  lol

I found 5 packets of Minifigs ACW minis with a price label from the Guard Room. Price had faded and most of the minifig labels had been "Eaten". I think I must have bought them in mid - late 80's. I used to go to Vauxhall Motors in Luton, on courses and would pop in there!

:o :o :o :o
If it isn't enjoyable, it isn't gaming!

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Re: Battle of Shrewsbury 1069; Norman Outer Wall I
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2020, 09:21:17 PM »
I found 5 packets of Minifigs ACW minis with a price label from the Guard Room. Price had faded and most of the minifig labels had been "Eaten". I think I must have bought them in mid - late 80's. I used to go to Vauxhall Motors in Luton, on courses and would pop in there!

:o :o :o :o

I had some pre-slotta Citadel stuff that got stashed away so 'well' that when I eventually found them years (re: decades) later they were grey and flaking  :'(

I really loved those old Citadel mini's too  :-[

Offline levied troop

• Mastermind
Re: Battle of Shrewsbury 1069; Curved Norman Outer Wall III
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2020, 07:13:43 AM »
Hello, my name is Levied Troop and I have quite a bit of unpainted AWI Grand Manner from 20 years ago.
One day I hope to paint it as nicely as those walls - which just need some Foorsore Baron’s War figures in front of them  :)
The League of Gentlemen Anti Alchemists
(We Turn Gold into Lead)

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2020, 10:59:07 AM »
Hello, my name is Levied Troop and I have quite a bit of unpainted AWI Grand Manner from 20 years ago.
One day I hope to paint it as nicely as those walls - which just need some Foorsore Baron’s War figures in front of them  :)

The terrain pieces will be graced with some Footsore mini's, but not from the Baron's War range :)

There's the small matter of a lot of Sub Roman terrain items and that whopping great Teutonic castle that seems to be no longer available to paint up too!  :o o_o  lol

Offline Breazer

• Mad Scientist
    • Breaz Brushes
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2020, 10:38:43 AM »
I looked it up and today it is close to 700 pounds

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2020, 10:53:55 AM »
I looked it up and today it is close to 700 pounds

:o :o :o

I think I did well to buy the raw resin when I did!  8)

BTW Breezer, was the £900 the Grand Manner Wargames Standard or Collectors Standard?

Offline Breazer

• Mad Scientist
    • Breaz Brushes
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2020, 05:32:18 PM »
Oh I didnt see, I think I fainted and didnt go back for safety reasons :P

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2020, 06:12:54 PM »
Oh I didnt see, I think I fainted and didnt go back for safety reasons :P

lol

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
Re: Battle of Shrewsbury 1069; Town Interior Buildings I
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2020, 08:36:44 AM »
I have found time to continue work on some of the buildings that will act as either the suburbs of Shrewsbury or stand stand inside the Motte and Bailey.

I made a scratch built model of a Saxon house about 20 years ago and a chap at the SESWC club in Edinburgh, the owbner of Stronghold Miniatures, offered to cast me a number up for me.

Here's one of then castings tarted up- there are more but I plan to use the thatch on some of the buildings to substitute for burning thatch by adding wire wool suitably sprayed to make it look like smoke. An idea stolen from James Morris when i attended one of the fab Newark WAB Campain Days of yesteryear.

More info and pics on  my blog:
https://justaddwater-bedford.blogspot.com/2020/02/battle-of-shrewsbury-1069-interior_29.html

Here's one that is not burning!

Scratch built example of the interior of the roof:

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
Re: Battle of Shrewsbury 1069; Watchtower Interval!
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2020, 10:02:56 AM »
Perhaps too soon for comfort I found myself getting a little tired of painting up the Bailey walls and the interior buildings.

So, I decided to paint up a watch tower for a bit of relief!

The model is produced by Grand Manner; I was lucky enough to have bought it many years ago when you could still buy 'raw' resin which is great as it enables me to keep painting the buildings to my taste.

If your interested some scenario and painting information as well as more pics are on my blog:
http://justaddwater-bedford.blogspot.com/2020/03/battle-of-shrewsbury-1069-watchtower_5.html

« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 10:04:48 AM by Atheling »