Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:08:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Di' Simbas are coming!!!  (Read 3486 times)

Offline Harry Faversham

• Galactic Brain
Re: Di' Simbas are coming!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2018, 11:01:17 PM »
Good game, good game!
Action was joined with the Simbas and Bongos laying down plenty of lead at each other to little effect. The Mercs, the only ones with a mission other than blood, forgot the prime directive and engaged in a prolonged firefight with a section of the (BNA) Bongolian National Army. Considering the disparity of firepower the Bongos gave a creditable account of themselves, forcing the rattled Mercs into cover to sort themselves out. This proved most beneficial as they also re-remembered the mission brief and stormed across the street, slaughtered the Simbas, and effected a rescue! By this time there were two Simbas left, one Bongo, two Mercs and the now armed fugitive. The white men crossed the bridge, losing one of their number to a Simba Bren gunner, and boarded their remarkably tiny Bellyflopters for tea and medals... as they did the natives breathed a sigh of relief and got back to happily killing each other. The Mercs Occifer and fugitive escaped, the Simba Bren gunner killed and be-headed the last Bongo, ending the engagement.
Even the Dynamic Dunderheads comprehended the rules, and I could concentrate on my game, as opposed to spending two hours as a reluctant carer for two dribbling half wits!

:-*

:o
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 11:10:40 PM by Harry Faversham »
"Wot did you do in the war Grandad?"

"I was with Harry... At The Bridge!"

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2018, 03:17:57 AM »
Sounds like a great scenario, and a great game...!

Mike Demana
www.firstcommandwargames.com
http://leadlegionaries.blogspot.com/

Offline Harry Faversham

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2018, 09:33:07 AM »
The rules are just what we have been looking for to do modern type skirmishes. Initially I was going to give the ‘spotting’ rule a miss till we got the hang of things, but found the rules swung along so well we used ’em, and would advise anyone else to do the same. Not spotting an enemy when you only need above a 1 on a D6 leaves you feeling most confident, till you role the dreaded 1 and have to stand there looking gormless, at a gloating Simba!

Excellent set of rules which will become our ‘go to’ set for these type of games. If three old farts like us can pick ’em up in two minutes then proper wargamers are in for a treat with ‘Squad Hammer’.

Offline Harry Faversham

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2018, 09:09:04 AM »
Upward and onward with ‘Squad Hammer’ skirmishing. in the first game we based the figures on them 1-6 rotating casualty markers which was a bit fiddly, this time we went for recording hits on a D6 which followed each figure about. Not a big fan of this, as having dices all over the place, looks scruffy. However it works, and seeing the hits visibly multiply on yer targets, adds to morale and excitement!

This scenario had a senior UK politician hiding in the Bongolian capital from marauding Simbas who wanted a head on a stick. all went spiffingly as, spotting the rescue party, headed by the gallant Major Harry Faversham the senior UK politician shot their way from the church… knee deep in dead Simbas! Here’s the piccys…

The Gallant Major Harry Faversham…

The Iron Lady. Maggie was a bit of a 22 Regiment groupie so we gave her the ‘excellent firepower’ trait to reflect the training they gave her. Being a Diplomat (!!!) her shooter is concealed behind her back.

TBW certainly put the training to good use!!!

Come on Maggie, good old Blighty’s this way!

:-*

Offline Harry Faversham

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2018, 10:28:27 PM »
'The Wild Geese' are in country...

Heads, the Simbas win...

:)

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2018, 10:36:04 PM »
Are there photos on Reply#18 (28th Feb)? I’ve got them on other posts but just big, blank looks-like-there-should-be-a-photo-here spaces on #18.

Thanks

Doug

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2018, 10:51:27 PM »
There are, but they're not showing (if you use the quote function you can see what Harry typed and the URLs are there). If you try to enter those addresses in your browser you get the error message "URL signature expired."

With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Harry Faversham

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2018, 11:50:48 PM »
Weird innit, it's beyond me?
I shall have to consult my Technical Support Team (granddaughter!) and get this problem discombobulated.

o_o

Offline Harry Faversham

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2018, 11:52:57 PM »
Not that I think anybody would want to see her but here's Maggie again...

::)

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2018, 12:55:57 AM »
A quick Google would seem to suggest that Facebook image links may expire over time. The images will still be on Facebook, but the URL changes.

For some reason. Bloody marvelous.

Facebook is a world I know nothing about, I'm afraid. Hopefully the young 'un can sort it for you.

Offline Harry Faversham

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2018, 08:19:24 AM »
I think you've nailed it Boss. I bung them on Facebollix as a quick way to get the URL... my Technical Support Team are working on an alternative strategy as we speak.

::)  :?  ::)