Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:19:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686489
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [COMMERCIAL] Sci-fi Sisters of Wolves now available from Shieldwolf Miniatures  (Read 6639 times)

Offline Shieldwolf Miniatures

• Scientist
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 09:39:51 AM by Westfalia Chris »

• Scientist

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Often confused or misunderstood...
    • Inso's World
Re: Sci-fi Paladins coming up from Shieldwolf Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 04:04:16 PM »
Having looked at the site, I am very disappointed in the presentation. The images are tiny and don't really show very much... I accept that it is only renders but even detailed pix of the sprue renders would help.

At the moment, if I was in the running for a new army, I wouldn't be convinced that this was it, just because there isn't much being shown.

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 04:21:57 PM »
Having looked at the site, I am very disappointed in the presentation. The images are tiny and don't really show very much... I accept that it is only renders but even detailed pix of the sprue renders would help.
Same here, no buy from me based on these tiny pics and descriptions.
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - http://www.adpublishing.de

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 09:50:19 PM »
Hi guys,

well, that's a valid argument. On the other hand these deals are ultra-discounted to make up on the trust and that this will deliver in 6 months from today. :)

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Inso's World
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 09:55:00 PM »
Hi guys,

well, that's a valid argument. On the other hand these deals are ultra-discounted to make up on the trust and that this will deliver in 6 months from today. :)

So... you are happy to not change anything that might encourage people to get on board and hope that the discount will counter the lack of decent images/information?

Good luck with that.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 09:59:47 PM by Inso »

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2018, 10:13:59 PM »
Hi Inso!

Where did you read that? (because that's certainly not what I wrote above, so if you read it somewhere else please let me know so I can check for myself and see if it was indeed a Shieldwolf member or not who wrote that)!  :?

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2018, 10:17:03 PM »
Plus, images have started flowing from our KS update and other sources we have (FaceBook, Newsletter etc), it's not a 1-week deal after all and this continues from the Warmaidens&Dragonbreds KS we stopped early October, so plenty of stuff we had shown there  ;)
Here's a link to the last one to help you save some time  :D

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1273312680/war-is-coming-warmaidens-and-dragonbreds/posts/2131374

Offline Sbloom141

• Librarian
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2018, 10:19:52 PM »
I want to buy but I’m nervous about postage costs to the UK. Can you give an indication of how much it would cost or if you’re going to have a UK distributor at some point?

Edit- Nevermind, I see there’s a more than reasonable postage option for the UK!

Ordered a box of the sci fi ladies!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 10:23:03 PM by Sbloom141 »

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2018, 10:24:00 PM »
Hi Sbloom141,

P&P for the U.K. are 3,90 euros. That applies only for Tier-1.
All other purchases from Tier-2 and above (or 60 euros and more via normal webstore sales) have free shipping and handling worldwide.

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2018, 10:24:47 PM »
(I got ninja'd)....   o_o 
lol

Offline 1000foot

• Bookworm
    • 1000 Foot General
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2018, 10:30:32 PM »
These images don't seem too small to me.  We're talking about these lady paladins, right? Surely you can make out the detail well enough to decide whether you'd like them?

I have no dog in this fight, but I was surprised to see the criticism of (what seemed to me) adequate photos/renders.

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Inso's World
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2018, 08:00:50 AM »
These images don't seem too small to me.  We're talking about these lady paladins, right? Surely you can make out the detail well enough to decide whether you'd like them?

I have no dog in this fight, but I was surprised to see the criticism of (what seemed to me) adequate photos/renders.

Is that single image representative of all of the miniatures in the box? Are they all the same? Not all the boxes have images of the miniatures, some have small pictures of renders (which would be fine if they were bigger). It's all a bit vague.

Granted, it's a pre-order and some of the miniatures won't have been cast yet... but there must be better pix of the renders that show some of the variety in the boxed sets... why not show some of those off?

Hi Inso!

Where did you read that? (because that's certainly not what I wrote above, so if you read it somewhere else please let me know so I can check for myself and see if it was indeed a Shieldwolf member or not who wrote that)!  :?

The tone of your comment was "I see what you've written and it is a valid argument... but we've discounted so it doesn't matter".

For the record, these look quite interesting and the reason I am commenting at all is because I was keen to see what the product looked like. small renders and the odd image of a finished miniature from a boxed set of 20, doesn't really sell it to me.

I guess it'll be a trickle feed of information and I'll make a decision later in the day.

Here is a copy and paste from one of the listings:

"RAFFAELLA (FANTASY LEVEL-1)

This product consists of 20 hard plastic multipart miniatures and will ship with an additional sprue (free of charge). Twenty 25mm square bases are included with this product.

This product comes supplied unpainted and requires assembly (glue&paint not included). Pictures are for demonstration purposes only."

Apart from there being 20 multipart miniatures in the box... what else does it tell you? Are they all the same? Are they multi pose? Do they have a mix of weapons? Using the image shown here, by 1000foot, would you be happy if your box of 20 multipart miniatures were all copies of that miniature? And to top it off... you may not even get miniatures that match the images because "Pictures are for demonstration purposes only."

It looks like it could be a decent product... but the presentation isn't helping.

• Scientist
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2018, 11:33:22 AM »
OK, for starters I appreciate you taking the time to write all this down.

For seconds, we admit demonstration isn't optimal since this is the first time we use the pre-order discount Policy (and not "fake" discounts that will later be given to everyone for the same exact product!) and we can't show product that hasn't been created just yet.
We are very responsive (or at least we try) to any questions, so I'll happily supply more information to the questions asked (and if you have more, please write them down) to the best of my abilities.  :)

Raffaella (Lvl-1):
They are not all the same minis/copies, there will be various bodies, tabards (front and rear), cloaks, heads (helmeted and not-helmeted), weapons (hammers, shields and swords) and some other things with which you can assemble them.

The reason we aren't showing the full variety is because for the Shieldmaiden kit we had shown off a render with a bident spear and said we'd try adding spears too. Well, guess what, spears occupied too much space and the banner couldn't be broken off to various parts as initially thought, thus despite our additional effort and expenses spears weren't included. Little harm done you'd say, except there were some who had taken it for granted that spears would certainly be included (we assumed responsibility for not having it made 100% crystal clear).
In order to avoid any chance of future confusion similar to our mishap above, we show nothing that won't be 99.99% included on the sprues.

PS. Here's the final Shieldmaiden sprues if you want to have a look at them http://www.shieldwolfminiatures.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=134

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Inso's World
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2018, 11:51:05 AM »
Thanks for the response :)

Can I suggest that you put a shortened version of what you said, on your actual site (rather than Kickstarter/forums etc)?

From an advertising perspective, the moment a punter has to start digging for information, you start to lose sales. You need to make it as easy as possible for people to get all the information they need with as few clicks as possible because there are an awful lot of very good ranges out there that make it very easy for punters to browse.

Ideally, assembled miniatures and any sprues that make them up (so that people who convert things, know how the components are divided).

Good luck on the pre-order, I'll be looking in to see how things pan out... could do with a bit of variety in my collection :)